Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
befowler
Reaperfan
Emergence
Serious_Much
Forum Pirate
berkut
PlasticandRage
Tolvo
12 posters

That's No Moon (Star Wars Thread)

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

That's No Moon  (Star Wars Thread) - Page 7 Empty Re: That's No Moon (Star Wars Thread)

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:12 pm

That makes no sense at all. For one thing, since when has Vader been so sneaky? I mean Sidious sure, but Vader isn't sneaky. He's direct as hell. He chokes people who beat around the bush when he's not even there.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

That's No Moon  (Star Wars Thread) - Page 7 Empty Re: That's No Moon (Star Wars Thread)

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:14 pm

There's a reason why I don't consider it canon on a personal level, then again I'm kind of a Star Wars snob so I don't consider a few things to be haha.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:22 am

I just noticed something kind of funny in Empire at War. I just started the Rebel campaign and in the dialog subtitles they call the droid duo "artoo" and "threepio"
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:32 am

The force unleashed is a terrible, star wars themed, devil may cry rip off. (i say devil may cry not god of war because god of war is a fairly good, roman mythology themed, devil may cry rip off.)

I have to admit i'm with tolvo in refusing to acknowledge some of lucas's crap. The force has no gods. Tarful is like 2 feet taller than chewy, ect.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:57 am

there are force gods now? That's kind of a contradiction in itself
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:05 pm

You haven't seen the Children's show Star Wars: The Clone Wars have you? Yeah, the Force has a holy trinity of Father, Son, and Forcely Ghost because of that. Oh yeah, did I mention Darth Maul is alive? Because yeah, he's now alive again. He also has three brothers, one of which happens to be a Sith that wields a double bladed lightsaber and is an apprentice to Dooku, then Ventress, then working on his own. Also Ventress is now a Nightsister, because George thought that would make sense which it doesn't. Basically, I don't even know what is going on anymore.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:16 pm

I've seen a couple episodes but I've never watched it regularly. I thought the whole idea of the force was that it was a neutral element that existed in all things. Which is why it can be manipulated to favor, and enhance, either good or bad intentions. By personifying it and making it a force for good they make the sith a complete contradiction. I'm not even dignifying the Darth Maul thing by asking about it.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:18 pm

Well no the gods each personified a different Side, the Son was Dark, the Daughter Was light, and the father was I think Light. Don't watch it, I've literally only watched it to keep up to speed on the state of Star Wars, I still hate that show. I don't even want to figure out their relations to Midichlorians is.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:21 pm

Sounds like star wars has become a series where the best idea is to ignore a lot of the new stuff and only examine some of the older material....
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:24 pm

Yeah I was glad they only really mentioned that in Episode 1. It kind of negates everything I think is cool about the Jedi/Sith thing. Like suddenly it's not people who manipulate the force at all but microscopic parasites. Yeah, ok George.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:26 pm

Pretty much, though sometimes new books or games come out that are good. If they do ever get that live action show going I'll have to see where it goes, I have a feeling though it'll probably go the same as that new show. I just kind of wish Lucas would just leave things alone. Bioware also caused some weird things to exist but I couldn't really get bothered by anything I saw with what they've done in their new game to the story aside from a few character choices. For the most part though I haven't really noticed any contradictions, and they haven't tried to explain the force or anything like that. I feel like explaining how the force works is just one of the worst things Lucas could try and do. As soon as it stops becoming a mystical entity that the Jedi have spent countless years learning from and studying, and something that can be explained in three sentences you've done something wrong to it.

I always find it funny that I actually forgave him for the Ewoks.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:50 pm

Yeah I agree with that completely. It's like spiritual enlightenment. So many parallels exist between the Jedi religion and eastern religions, as I've said before, where in the Jedi religion enlightenment is essentially accompanied by tangible powers. That in mind can anyone truly explain what it means to be enlightened with words? Like can explain nirvana in a tangible way that could make another person, who hasn't experienced it, understand it completely? I don't think you can. I think that's part of what makes it enlightenment. By trying to explain it in its entirety I think you're doing it an injustice.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:12 pm

Joining in on this party a bit late. I've played nearly every star wars game and read close to 50 of the novels. Almost all of the 'main' ones not including the ones made in the last 10 years as that's when I got caught up and stopped reading the new ones. My favorite character is Mara Jade.

The best description of the force, IMO, came from the book "I, Jedi". I thought they really nailed it w/ that one. Hated what they did w/ it in the prequels and shows.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Ah crap, you might know more about Star Wars than me haha. Glad to have you join in. I think I've actually read I, Jedi, but I can't really remember. Some of the books have similar titles so I do get a bit confused. I did enjoy Mara Jade as well, I remember her at the very beginning. I really liked her character development, I take it you are not a fan of Jacen Solo haha?

I always liked some of the different ideas present about the force itself, I was always a fan of the Way and their view of the Flow of the Force.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:39 pm

Whose Mara Jade?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:40 pm

Why, you'll just have to read the books now won't you plastic? silly
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:53 pm

Bleh. I just bought Conquest BTW. Found it for $8. Even if I hate it I can probably find someone to sell it to for $10. I ended up getting SH Downpour also. I'll post my opinion of it in the thread I started asking opinions about it if your interested. I know it's not wars related but we were talking about it before so I thought I'd follow up here.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:55 pm

Hey it's all good, I know the Broney thread is mostly filled with things not related to ponies haha.

By the way for those who know who he is, who is liking the idea of Timothy Zahn possibly writing another book?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:05 pm

I think you're right. It's definitely not as good as Battlefront.

So evidently the servers have been shut down since 2010. I should have researched that one a little bit more. I guess for $8 I shouldn't be too too annoyed. But I have to admit I'm pretty disappointed
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:02 pm

You want to see a real rip off? I bought the Wii version of Force Unleashed for fifty five bucks, beat it in a few hours, couldn't return it because of some error with gamestop. If you can find videos of it on youtube just look at it, and marvel at how awful it is.

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:12 pm

https://youtu.be/ESwxv6j9ZT8

This doesn't look so bad. Aside from the plot issues we've already discussed what was so wrong with it? I mean I remember finishing it in a day as a rental also, but I don't remember any outstanding issues with the mechanics themselves.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:22 pm

That isn't the Wii Version, this is. By the way the guy reviewing it was paid to give it a good review, and it shows.

https://youtu.be/YpneJD5V4hs
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:40 pm

Wow. That's quite a graphical difference. I bought a Wii for Radiant Dawn, and then ended up playing Dead Rising and sold it. I don't really regret that decision.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:46 pm

Now, I actually really like the Wii, for multiplayer offline games it is the best system if you ask me. I can't tell you how much fun I've had with friends in Mario Cart, and Super Smash brothers, or the Joy I've gotten from games like Twilight Princess, or Mario Galaxy. But the ports, are the worst.

If you see a game has been ported to the Wii, just don't get it. Developers just assume little of the Wii and put no effort into it. It's the same issue with games that go from the console to the PC, those ports are always atrocious because developers just don't care enough. They want initial sales and that is it.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:53 pm

Radiant dawn, brawl, zelda and mario cart are the only things my wii ever does. I hate whats happening to nintendo and really what their success with such low quality product is doing to the industry. And consider this, *If* nintendo dies when its not a big fad anymore because they alienated all their core support, EA is a likely successor to their spot in the consol wars. Imagine what an EA box would do to the industry.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:24 pm