Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix/ 2.5 HD ReMix

    Share
    avatar
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 547
    Reputation : 34
    Join date : 2012-04-15
    Age : 23
    Location : Montana

    Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix/ 2.5 HD ReMix

    Post by Argetlam350 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:30 am

    With KH 1.5 coming out tomorrow, and being an avid fan of the Kingdom Hearts series I figured I would start at thread for it showing off the trophies and just to talk about Kingdom Hearts 2.5, which has all but been confirmed by Square Enix themselves thanks to the secret ending that Kingdom Hearts 1.5 has. The secret ending shows Kingdom Hearts 2, Birth by Sleep, and Coded.
    Anyways here are the trophies for the three games in 1.5:
    KINGDOM HEARTS I

    Platinum: Collect all Trophies
    Gold: Beat Game on Proud
    Silver: Beat Game on Normal
    Bronze: Beat Game on Beginner
    Silver: Beat Game without changing Equipment
    Silver: Beat Game without using Continue
    Gold: Beat Game in under 15 hours
    Bronze: Beat "Unknown" in Hollow Bastion
    Bronze: Beat Phantom in Neverland
    Bronze: Beat Kurt Zisa in Agrabah
    Bronze: Win Phil Cup
    Bronze: Win Pegasus Cup
    Bronze: Win Hercules Cup
    Bronze: Win Hades Cup
    Bronze: Defeat Ice Titan
    Bronze: Defeat Sephiroth
    Bronze: Win a Time Attack
    Bronze: Win a Time Attack in under one minute
    Silver: Sora reaches level 100
    Bronze: Open 100 Treasure Chests
    Bronze: Hold 10000 Munny ay once
    Bronze: Defeat over 2000 Heartless
    Bronze: Seal Traverse Town's Keyhole
    Bronze: Seal Wonderland's Keyhole
    Bronze: Seal Olympus Coliseum's Keyhole
    Bronze: Seal Deep Jungle's Keyhole
    Bronze: Seal Agrabah's Keyhole
    Bronze: Seal Monstro's Keyhole
    Bronze: Seal Atlantica's Keyhole
    Bronze: Seal Halloween Town's Keyhole
    Bronze: Seal Neverland's Keyhole
    Bronze: Seal Hallow Bastion's Keyhole
    Bronze: Seall 100 Acre Wood's Keyhole
    Bronze: Complete Jiminy's Journal
    Bronze: Complete Jiminy's Journal "Story So Far"
    Bronze: Complete Jiminy's journal "Ansem Reports"
    Bronze: Complete Jiminy's Journal "Characters"
    Bronze: Find all 100 Dalmations
    Bronze: Discover all Trintities
    Bronze: Complete Jiminy's Journal "Game Record"
    Bronze: Synthesized Everything
    Bronze: First synthesis
    Bronze: Synthesize three items
    Bronze: Synthesize fifteen items
    Bronze: Synthesize thirty items
    Bronze: Collect all Gummi Ship blueprints
    Bronze: Defeat 2500 Gummi Ship enemies
    Bronze: customie a Gummi Ship
    Bronze: Beat all Gummi Ship levels
    Bronze: Clear Gummi Ship Mission 1
    Bronze: Clear Gummi Ship Mission 2
    Bonrze: Clear Gummiy Ship Mission 3
    Bronze: Get Kairi's Lucky Charm
    Bronze: Got all Keyblades
    Bronze: Got all Staffs
    Bronze: Got all Shields

    Re: Chain of Memories

    Platinum: Collect all Trophies
    Silver: Complete Sora's Story on Proud
    Silver: Complete Riku's Story on Proud
    Silver: Beat Game without using Continue
    Bronze: Beat Sora's Story on Normal
    Bronze: Beat Riku's Story on Normal
    Bronze: Beat Sora's Story on Beginner
    Bronze: Beat Riku's Story on Beginner
    Bronze: Score 150 points or more on Veggie Panic Minigame
    Bronze: Score more than 500 points in Balloon glider minigame
    Bronze: Score 120 or more points on Jump Tigger Minigame
    Bronze: Score 2000 points or more on Falling Pooh Minigame
    Bronze: Defeat 70 Bees in 100 seconds on Bee Minigame
    Bronze: Beat Sora's Hen(?)
    Silver: Collect all of Sora's skills
    Bronze: Clear First Floor
    Bronze: Clear fifth Floor
    Bronze: Clear thirteenth Floor
    Bronze: Beat Henrik (?)
    Bronze: Riku peaks at darkness (?)
    Bronze: Beat Riku floor 12
    Bronze: Beat Riku Floor 8
    Bronze: Beat Riku Floor 1
    Gold: Complete Jiminy's Journal
    Silver: Complete Card Collection
    Bronze: Complete Jiminy's Story So Far
    Bronze: Complete Jiminy's Characters
    Bronze: Complete Jiminy's Mini Games Journal
    Gold: Complete Riku's Journal
    Silver: Complete Riku's Card Collection
    Bronze: Complete Riku's Story so Far
    Bronze: Complete Riku's characters
    Bronze: Make Card Deck for First time
    Bronze Make 500 Card Decks
    Bronze: Have 20 sheets of Premier Cards
    Silver: Beat Game without fleeing from battle
    Silver: Sora obtained level 99
    Silver: Riku obtained level 99
    Bronze: Break enemy's card 1500 times
    Bronze: Recover HP when under 5%
    Bronze: 150 Encounter Attacks
    Bronze: Won 100 duels
    Battle Card number over 300
    Bronze: Over 10000 Moogle Points
    Bronze: Spend 20000 Moogle Points
    Bronze: Create 300 rooms
    Bronze: Open 10 Treasure Rooms
    Bronze: Beat Enemy's one

    358/2 Days

    Gold: Get all Trophies
    Gold: Saw all of Roxas's Diary
    Gold: Saw all Secret Reports
    Bronze: Saw Chapters 1-37
    Bronze: Saw Chapters 38-74
    Bronze: Saw Chapters 75-109

    Other little things that are new to Kingdom Hearts or at least kind of new. Some things were in the Final Mix version that was only released for Japan, so for the rest of the world they are new:
    -1 new secret boss
    -10 new types of Heartless
    -2 new keyblades
    -12 New Abilities for Sora and one for Goofy
    -Several new cutscenes


    _________________




    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix/ 2.5 HD ReMix

    Post by Reaperfan on Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:27 am

    I've not kept up with the game so far, mostly to keep myself deliberately ignorant so everything is fresh for me tomorrow happy

    Since you made that distinction about this being the Japanese Final Mix version, I assume the new boss is

    Spoiler:
    the Unknown/Xemnas?


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis

    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3306
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Age : 24

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix/ 2.5 HD ReMix

    Post by Marino. on Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:19 am

    http://www.twitch.tv/evilaj2010

    Someones streaming KH 1.5 atm . Enjoy silly

    And it will be on Youtube later, i'll link to it if i don't forget it .
    avatar
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1046
    Reputation : 98
    Join date : 2012-05-25
    Age : 24
    Location : Great Britain

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix/ 2.5 HD ReMix

    Post by Onion Knight on Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:38 am

    Ahh man it's out? I have such a backlog at the moment. When is X + X2 HD coming along? I may get this and that in a bundle then.


    _________________
    Steam: OnionKnight
    PSN: Bohemond-Antioch93
    Youtube: Balthier Ivalice
    avatar
    Zero LeStrange
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 57
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-05-25
    Age : 24
    Location : Puerto Rico, The Final weapon searching for the long lost hero

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix/ 2.5 HD ReMix

    Post by Zero LeStrange on Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:57 am

    Again, I will state that Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix can be DL from the net. You'll need the right emulator and such to use it at all. But I guarantee that no matter how long you spend looking for it. It's all worth it. The extra content that was hidden is all must see. And if that's not enough. Somewhere you can unlock a certain area within Radiant Garden that allows you to fight all of Organization XIII, though they are much tougher.
    avatar
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 547
    Reputation : 34
    Join date : 2012-04-15
    Age : 23
    Location : Montana

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix/ 2.5 HD ReMix

    Post by Argetlam350 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:53 pm

    Reaperfan wrote:I've not kept up with the game so far, mostly to keep myself deliberately ignorant so everything is fresh for me tomorrow happy

    Since you made that distinction about this being the Japanese Final Mix version, I assume the new boss is

    Spoiler:
    the Unknown/Xemnas?
    Yes that is the secret boss. Most know about him by now but it's the first time really the rest of the world will get to fight him, if they didn't get their hands on the Final Mix that was exclusive in Japan.


    _________________




    avatar
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 310
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2013-01-08
    Age : 46
    Location : West of the Void, Xanth

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix/ 2.5 HD ReMix

    Post by crbngville2 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:09 am

    I've really been looking forward to this release. I can't wait to get home on Friday and unwrap my limited edition. The PS3 is my first console, so I never got to play these games when they first released. That means I'm super excited cheers .

    @Onion Knight
     With FF14ARR being such a sucess, KH1.5HD & FF10/10-2 HD all coming out SE should be fairly happy with themselves atm. Not to mention, making money hand over fist.


    _________________
    FTW Fury Sword Hoody Ninja Biatch - SL 126 Dual Wield Dex Toon
    PSN: crbngville
    Member of both the DeS and DkS Platinum Cookie Clubs!
    avatar
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 420
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2012-11-14
    Age : 36
    Location : France

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix/ 2.5 HD ReMix

    Post by VaDoom on Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:32 am

    This is both good and bad news :
    - My gf will be on the PS3 24/24, so no Dark Souls here sad
    - I'll be 100% on Dark Souls PC without my gf regularily telling me "stop playing and go out" tongue


    _________________
    PSN : mega_perle
    PC : BandeDeNazes
    avatar
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1046
    Reputation : 98
    Join date : 2012-05-25
    Age : 24
    Location : Great Britain

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix/ 2.5 HD ReMix

    Post by Onion Knight on Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:47 am

    crbngville2 wrote:I've really been looking forward to this release. I can't wait to get home on Friday and unwrap my limited edition. The PS3 is my first console, so I never got to play these games when they first released. That means I'm super excited cheers .

    @Onion Knight
     With FF14ARR being such a sucess, KH1.5HD & FF10/10-2 HD all coming out SE should be fairly happy with themselves atm. Not to mention, making money hand over fist.
    That and the huge fan service of Final Fantasy XV and KH 3 for the start of next gen. If only someone told them to stop blowing development money on the XIII series which most fans have moved on from, or hated outright to begin with. 

    Personally my dream is for a XII  HD and XI-2. Which is unlikey to happen anytime soon and most likely in XI-2's case ever. silly


    _________________
    Steam: OnionKnight
    PSN: Bohemond-Antioch93
    Youtube: Balthier Ivalice
    avatar
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 547
    Reputation : 34
    Join date : 2012-04-15
    Age : 23
    Location : Montana

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix/ 2.5 HD ReMix

    Post by Argetlam350 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:14 am

    I forgot to mention that their are a few new cutscenes as well, nothing really major but just some things they've added into the game.
    And on another note because this game was coming out and I got really bored in my College Calculus II class I began work on Dark Souls and Demon's Souls Keyblades. XD I should post them up here when I'm done with them.


    _________________




    avatar
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 454
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-12-15
    Age : 22
    Location : Iacon Vaults, Trying to delay the inevitable.

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix/ 2.5 HD ReMix

    Post by Zeta Prime on Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:30 am

    Went off on this game yesterday and today... the final mix proud mode is pretty fun xD


    _________________
    Zeta's Choice Quote: November:

    "We are not required to save the world. We are required to stand up as truly as we can for what we love."
    avatar
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 547
    Reputation : 34
    Join date : 2012-04-15
    Age : 23
    Location : Montana

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix/ 2.5 HD ReMix

    Post by Argetlam350 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:06 am

    I've been really enjoying the game, currently trying to get 100% completion with everything before beating the game as to get the secret ending. Then to just finish up the trophies I'll need to beat the game on Beginner and Proud Mode along with the Under 15 Hours, No Changing Equipment, and No Continues. Then I'm going to move on to Chain of Memories.


    _________________




    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix/ 2.5 HD ReMix

    Post by Reaperfan on Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:56 pm

    So did anyone else forget how much platforming there was I this game? Cuz I did and I'm loving rediscovering it happy


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 454
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-12-15
    Age : 22
    Location : Iacon Vaults, Trying to delay the inevitable.

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix/ 2.5 HD ReMix

    Post by Zeta Prime on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:08 pm

    ^ yeah im lovin it too. I just beat the octopus lady on proud.. wow I got pretty frustrated there.


    _________________
    Zeta's Choice Quote: November:

    "We are not required to save the world. We are required to stand up as truly as we can for what we love."
    avatar
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 547
    Reputation : 34
    Join date : 2012-04-15
    Age : 23
    Location : Montana

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix/ 2.5 HD ReMix

    Post by Argetlam350 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:19 pm

    Oh Ursula is a *****. Mostly because the swimming gameplay I've never enjoyed much and the fact that she fires lightning at you constantly so it makes it annoying to try and hit her without taking damage.

    But Sephiroth takes the cake still as being the toughest boss in this game. I took on the secret boss in the desert, by far the easiest boss of the trophy bosses followed by the ghost heartless in Neverland and then the Unknown, the new secret boss.
    He really isn't that hard surprising. Granted I'm about level 92 in the game so it could merely be I was just overpowered though he did put up quite a fight but compared to the Ice Titan and Sephiroth, he isn't that bad. He has a few annoying attacks and teleports quite a bit at times but most of his attacks can be dodged with a roll.
    Currently I'm working on just normal Final Mix mode and trying to 100% everything. Really the only things I have left to do are find all of Ansem's Notes, defeat the Ice Titan, defeat Sephiroth, and collect all the weapons. Then I'm going to go to beginner mode to get the under 15 hours trophy, no changing equipment trophy, and the no continues trophy before moving on to Proud Mode. After I beat it on proud I'm off to do Chain of Memories. First time I'll be playing that so I'm kind of excited for it.


    _________________




    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix/ 2.5 HD ReMix

    Post by Reaperfan on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:29 pm

    Argetlam350 wrote:Oh Ursula is a *****. Mostly because the swimming gameplay I've never enjoyed much and the fact that she fires lightning at you constantly so it makes it annoying to try and hit her without taking damage.

    But Sephiroth takes the cake still as being the toughest boss in this game. I took on the secret boss in the desert, by far the easiest boss of the trophy bosses followed by the ghost heartless in Neverland and then the Unknown, the new secret boss.
    He really isn't that hard surprising. Granted I'm about level 92 in the game so it could merely be I was just overpowered though he did put up quite a fight but compared to the Ice Titan and Sephiroth, he isn't that bad. He has a few annoying attacks and teleports quite a bit at times but most of his attacks can be dodged with a roll.
    Currently I'm working on just normal Final Mix mode and trying to 100% everything. Really the only things I have left to do are find all of Ansem's Notes, defeat the Ice Titan, defeat Sephiroth, and collect all the weapons. Then I'm going to go to beginner mode to get the under 15 hours trophy, no changing equipment trophy, and the no continues trophy before moving on to Proud Mode. After I beat it on proud I'm off to do Chain of Memories. First time I'll be playing that so I'm kind of excited for it.
    You guys and your trophies. I never understood the appeal. Started the game on Proud mode because I wanted the challenge and because I remember every other difficulty being mind-numbingly easy, and as soon as I beat the main storyline and optional bosses I'm off to R:CoM. Seriously, playing through on Easy just to beat it in under 15 hours without changing equipment sounds like such a monotonous chore.


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 454
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-12-15
    Age : 22
    Location : Iacon Vaults, Trying to delay the inevitable.

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix/ 2.5 HD ReMix

    Post by Zeta Prime on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:00 pm

    I remember chain of memories for my ps2. I always play the hardest difficulty right from the start... just some advice for when you get to it (may take a while tongue ) use your zero cards a lot. and larxene is a *****.


    _________________
    Zeta's Choice Quote: November:

    "We are not required to save the world. We are required to stand up as truly as we can for what we love."
    avatar
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 547
    Reputation : 34
    Join date : 2012-04-15
    Age : 23
    Location : Montana

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix/ 2.5 HD ReMix

    Post by Argetlam350 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:31 am

    Reaperfan wrote:
    Argetlam350 wrote:Oh Ursula is a *****. Mostly because the swimming gameplay I've never enjoyed much and the fact that she fires lightning at you constantly so it makes it annoying to try and hit her without taking damage.

    But Sephiroth takes the cake still as being the toughest boss in this game. I took on the secret boss in the desert, by far the easiest boss of the trophy bosses followed by the ghost heartless in Neverland and then the Unknown, the new secret boss.
    He really isn't that hard surprising. Granted I'm about level 92 in the game so it could merely be I was just overpowered though he did put up quite a fight but compared to the Ice Titan and Sephiroth, he isn't that bad. He has a few annoying attacks and teleports quite a bit at times but most of his attacks can be dodged with a roll.
    Currently I'm working on just normal Final Mix mode and trying to 100% everything. Really the only things I have left to do are find all of Ansem's Notes, defeat the Ice Titan, defeat Sephiroth, and collect all the weapons. Then I'm going to go to beginner mode to get the under 15 hours trophy, no changing equipment trophy, and the no continues trophy before moving on to Proud Mode. After I beat it on proud I'm off to do Chain of Memories. First time I'll be playing that so I'm kind of excited for it.
    You guys and your trophies.  I never understood the appeal.  Started the game on Proud mode because I wanted the challenge and because I remember every other difficulty being mind-numbingly easy, and as soon as I beat the main storyline and optional bosses I'm off to R:CoM.  Seriously, playing through on Easy just to beat it in under 15 hours without changing equipment sounds like such a monotonous chore.  
    I'm not doing it just for the trophies. Really only the beginner playthrough I'm doing is for all the trophies, everything else I'm doing is because I never 100% Kingdom Hearts back on PS2 so I want to do it now, plus you never know if there is a secret ending so better safe to check it out then sorry.
    Also beating the game on 15 hours is relatively easy since you can skip several worlds to get to the ending. I've been near the end of the game since the 17 hours mark on normal, and that was taking my time. You can skip the Coliseum, either Alantica or Halloween Town, and the second part of Monstro which can shave lots of time. You want to know a monotonous chore? Try doing under 15 hours, no changing equipment, and no continues on Proud Mode, I've heard several people doing this.


    _________________




    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix/ 2.5 HD ReMix

    Post by Reaperfan on Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:12 am

    Argetlam350 wrote:Also beating the game on 15 hours is relatively easy since you can skip several worlds to get to the ending. I've been near the end of the game since the 17 hours mark on normal, and that was taking my time. You can skip the Coliseum, either Alantica or Halloween Town, and the second part of Monstro which can shave lots of time. You want to know a monotonous chore? Try doing under 15 hours, no changing equipment, and no continues on Proud Mode, I've heard several people doing this.
    Skip all the cutscenes and know which rooms to go to while not fighting anything but the bosses and event fights and the game is really only about 5-8 hours long.  I've seen 4 hour speedruns of the game (or was it KH2?  I forget, but the point still stands) so I know the 15 hour mark isn't difficult to get.

    And yes, I've also heard of people doing all those things on Proud mode, but it doesn't sound monotonous.  It sounds like a self-imposed challenge run that someone does to up the ante on themselves and increase replay value to them, not unlike Soul Level 1 or speed runs of Dark Souls.  They do it to push their limits as a gamer, not to have a checkbox unlock on their trophy list.

    And just to be sure, let me say I don't dislike aiming for 100% completion, I just don't understand it when it comes with a detriment to actually playing the game.  Finding all the Trinities and Dalmations?  That's fine.  They're optional, but they are something with definite in-game rewards and accomplishing those fronts of 100% completion actually gives you stuff that you can use in your gameplay.  The 15 hour, no continues ones though?  Those don't add or change anything about your game.  They just make you replay the game again on arbitrary either more frustrating or mentally-unchallenging terms.

    So if unlocking a trophy by playing through the same things you've done before only on an even less stimulating level than the first time is rewarding enough to warrant your time, then all power to you.  I, personally, don't see how the effort required to get those particular trophies is worth my time since they only put restrictions on the way I have fun with the game.

    PS:  If there's a special ending cutscene you can only experience from beating the game under either of those conditions, I'll just say that we happen to be lucky enough to live in the age where Youtube exists.


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 547
    Reputation : 34
    Join date : 2012-04-15
    Age : 23
    Location : Montana

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix/ 2.5 HD ReMix

    Post by Argetlam350 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:16 am

    So because I'm doing it on Beginner not Proud makes me less of a gamer? Jeesh, that's a bit harsh and a bit masochist, sorry I don't want to frustrate myself by doing that, have you tried ever using the normal keyblade throughout the game on Proud Mode? A boss fight is going to take you ages, worse then anything probably given in Dark Souls on level 1.
    If I love a game I go for all the trophies, not to hoard them. If you don't understand it fine, but don't judge me. I hate when people assume I'm merely hoarding trophies when I say I'm going to go get all the trophies for a game. Apparently I can't complete everything for a game, including trophies, without being considered a hoarder? Sorry that I'm enjoying the game the way I like to and not the way you find enjoyment in a game.


    _________________




    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix/ 2.5 HD ReMix

    Post by Reaperfan on Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:08 pm

    Argetlam350 wrote:So because I'm doing it on Beginner not Proud makes me less of a gamer? Jeesh, that's a bit harsh and a bit masochist, sorry I don't want to frustrate myself by doing that, have you tried ever using the normal keyblade throughout the game on Proud Mode? A boss fight is going to take you ages, worse then anything probably given in Dark Souls on level 1.
    If I love a game I go for all the trophies, not to hoard them. If you don't understand it fine, but don't judge me. I hate when people assume I'm merely hoarding trophies when I say I'm going to go get all the trophies for a game. Apparently I can't complete everything for a game, including trophies, without being considered a hoarder? Sorry that I'm enjoying the game the way I like to and not the way you find enjoyment in a game.
    You're taking this waaaaaaaaay too personally lol! 

    I typically don't like typing things like "in my opinion" or the like because it's kind of a redundant phrase (of course what I say is my opinion, what else could it be?) but maybe this situation called for it.

    First off, no I never said you were less of a gamer for doing it on Beginner. I said I usually find the case to be that others who do push themselves to those limits typically do so for the gameplay challenge rather than the trophy in and of itself.

    As a personal note, yes I have played the games on Proud mode with only the Kingdom Key. It was actually my preferred playstyle back on the PS2 because I liked how the Kingdom Key looked in cutscenes more than any other Keyblade, gameplay consequences be damned. The only times I ever switched from it were on my first ever playthrough of the game, when I got Ultima Weapon for the first time to try it out, and when I did my "beat Sephiroth with every keyblade" self-challenge.

    I'm not judging you, and I never called you a hoarder. All I really meant to say is that, to me, 100%-ing a game doesn't mean getting all the trophies. To me, it means getting and doing everything you can in a single game. Beat the bosses, find the secrets, upgrade the weapons, farm the rare items, etc. My personal point, and where our values dissonance seems to lie, is that those two particular trophies don't fit that (they require you to start new playthroughs, typically not on difficulties you would normally choose) and so, in my opinion, there's no reason to pursue those two tasks when it comes to experiencing everything the game has to offer. Said another way, I don't feel going after those achievements, on any difficulty, adds to my experience since they only make me re-experience something I've already done, just at a different pace that's not of my own choosing.

    I'm not judging you, calling you less of a gamer or person, or saying you have to play the game my way. I'm just curious/confused as to what makes those tasks sound appealing to someone because, to me, they don't sound like fun to try and do. I actually think it'd be really cool if you could tell me the appeal of Platinum-ing a game. Maybe actually convince me to go around and finally get Knight's Honor happy


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 454
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-12-15
    Age : 22
    Location : Iacon Vaults, Trying to delay the inevitable.

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix/ 2.5 HD ReMix

    Post by Zeta Prime on Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:36 pm

    Iv always just started the game on the highest difficulty... You learn to get good at the game way faster if you just go the hard route... plus it's way more fun happy


    _________________
    Zeta's Choice Quote: November:

    "We are not required to save the world. We are required to stand up as truly as we can for what we love."

    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3306
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Age : 24

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix/ 2.5 HD ReMix

    Post by Marino. on Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:42 pm

    For Kingdom Hearts 2 it's pretty much the opposite .

    The only thing that the difficulty options do is change the stats .
    So the battles don't get more challenging by improved AI, just longer >_>
    avatar
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1046
    Reputation : 98
    Join date : 2012-05-25
    Age : 24
    Location : Great Britain

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix/ 2.5 HD ReMix

    Post by Onion Knight on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:38 am

    ^ Which happens in pretty much every RPG ever made. Your point being?


    _________________
    Steam: OnionKnight
    PSN: Bohemond-Antioch93
    Youtube: Balthier Ivalice

    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3306
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Age : 24

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix/ 2.5 HD ReMix

    Post by Marino. on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:43 am

    My Point is that you still have to learn the patterns of the Bosses to defeat them, Sephiroth for example still kills you (or leaves you at 1 HP) in one Combo .

    So it's pretty much pointless to play on a higher dificulty setting than Normal .

    Sponsored content

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix/ 2.5 HD ReMix

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:04 am