Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Tolvo
Sneezer
Alassra
7 posters

Question about weapons: Divine Claymore +10 vs. Greatsword of Artorias +5

Alassra

Question about weapons: Divine Claymore +10 vs. Greatsword of Artorias +5 Empty Question about weapons: Divine Claymore +10 vs. Greatsword of Artorias +5

Post by Alassra Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:05 am

Greetings!
    First post on here.Sun Praise the sun!

I have a couple of questions regarding my weapons of choice for my faith build character.
    I'm sitting at soul level 91 and currently using a Divine claymore +10. I also have a Greatsword of Artorias +5 that I'd like to use.

I have faith at 50 at the moment, and my damage rating is 550.

My stats:
    vit 22
    att 19
    end 30
    str 16
    dex 14
    res 11
    int 11
    fth 50

So, my question is: Is it worth spending the remaining 21 points I need to be able to wield the Greatsword of Artorias (str 24, dex 18, int 20), or am I better off sticking with my claymore and just spending those points on faith (and endurance) instead?

I kind of want to make use of the greatsword, since I upgraded it and all, and I've never really used a boss weapon before, so the novelty of it would be nice. But my main concern is of course if it will do more damage than my claymore.

Totally unrelated bonus question for the extra hungry:
    I'm thinking of doing a dex build/pyromancy character. What fun weapons would you recommend that scale on dex or possibly dex and humanity?

Thank you in advance.

*EDIT* I found a character planner, and it seems the greatsword will have a rating of 525 at the minimum reqs for wielding it at faith 50. Although that is not the upgraded sword... Is there a way to see the +5 version of the sword in the character planner?
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Question about weapons: Divine Claymore +10 vs. Greatsword of Artorias +5 Empty Re: Question about weapons: Divine Claymore +10 vs. Greatsword of Artorias +5

Post by Sneezer Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:27 am

Put ten more points into endurance, no more points at all into faith under any circumstances, as the cap is (essentially) 50. 
    You're better off with the Claymore; better moveset, lighter, and much less stat investment. Make sure to get your vit up to at least 40 if you can.

Also; mugenmonkey always has the max upgraded versions of a weapon listed, so that IS the +5 version.
    Like your divine claymore, the GSoA also does split damage, so any slight AR difference is negligible anyway.
    Alassra

Question about weapons: Divine Claymore +10 vs. Greatsword of Artorias +5 Empty Re: Question about weapons: Divine Claymore +10 vs. Greatsword of Artorias +5

Post by Alassra Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:02 am

Sneezer wrote:Put ten more points into endurance, no more points at all into faith under any circumstances, as the cap is (essentially) 50. 
    You're better off with the Claymore; better moveset, lighter, and much less stat investment. Make sure to get your vit up to at least 40 if you can.

Also; mugenmonkey always has the max upgraded versions of a weapon listed, so that IS the +5 version.
    Like your divine claymore, the GSoA also does split damage, so any slight AR difference is negligible anyway.
    Thank you! Great advice!
    I noticed that my claymore doesn't increase in damage anymore from faith, like you said. I never knew that. But my lightning spears, for instance, will still increase in damage if I put more faith, won't it? Although I probably won't do that.

Looks like I'll stick with my trusty claymore, then! Guess the GSoA will have to make do with looking pretty in my bottomless box. 
    Thanks again!star
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:13 am

Pretty much as was stated above, go Vit and End.  Your claymore will deal enough damage.  Generally you don't want to go to 50 unless you are going to be buffing or using a weapon that scales A/S in that slot, and even then it really isn't worth it.  Generally you don't want to go over 40, and for C/C scaling you want the 30-40 area.  After 40 points in a stat diminishing returns get really bad so stat investments become much less worth it.  After 40 for instance you get no more stamina from end, and the health you get after 40 for Vit is very little.  Unless you are looking at the difference between like 40 and 99.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:35 am

Do all stats have that cap at 40 in DkS?

Is there a difference to DeS?

Thanks for your reply!

Best Wishes
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:04 am

Claymore has a much better moveset, Artorias sword looks cool but damagewise it's not so great and having to invest in so many stats is a pain. Defo put more into vit and end, perhaps some into dex or str to give you the option to carry and use some other divine\occult weapons.

Micha up to 40 you get a good increase in damage, between 40-50 you still get an increase but not as much, after 50 it's really not worth it.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:41 am

Hello AnCapaillMor,

AnCapaillMor wrote:Micha up to 40 you get a good increase in damage, between 40-50 you still get an increase but not as much, after 50 it's really not worth it.
    But what about all the other stats? this was my question.
    Do all starts have that cap? are there any exceptions, e.g. Resistance or Vitality?

And is it the same with DeS? Or are there differences between DkS or DeS?

best wishes
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:03 pm

Just gonna point this out, but against skeletons and other enemies that the Divine Modifier does extra damage to, the Divine Claymore does 10% more damage, but the Greatsword of Artorias does 40% more. 
        The GsoA also has a modifier against darkwraiths, and from what I can tell, both of these modifiers affect the Four Kings... So mostly, if you have a problem with that boss, GsoA is the best choice by far.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:48 am

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Just gonna point this out, but against skeletons and other enemies that the Divine Modifier does extra damage to, the Divine Claymore does 10% more damage, but the Greatsword of Artorias does 40% more. 
        The GsoA also has a modifier against darkwraiths, and from what I can tell, both of these modifiers affect the Four Kings... So mostly, if you have a problem with that boss, GsoA is the best choice by far.
    The only issue is well...

dem R2s
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:28 pm

Latitoast wrote:
    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Just gonna point this out, but against skeletons and other enemies that the Divine Modifier does extra damage to, the Divine Claymore does 10% more damage, but the Greatsword of Artorias does 40% more. 
    The only issue is well...

dem R2s
    Why would you be using r2's vs the Four Kings anyway... (Don't say Leo Ring, because in that only amplifies the physical damage portion.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:54 pm