Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Jovias-86
Pallash
6 posters

[Question] Man Serpent Greatsword or Claymore (Chaos)

Pallash
    Pallash
    Casual
    Casual

[Question] Man Serpent Greatsword or Claymore (Chaos) Empty [Question] Man Serpent Greatsword or Claymore (Chaos)

Post by Pallash Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:02 am

Im thinking about going for a Greatsword-Build.

But i'm not sure on wich weapon is better suited for PvP.

I know alitttle about the Claymore, its moves & DMG.
    It seems like the MSGS has like 50+ more DMG, but hows it with the attack range and the moves compared to the claymore? I dun have one right now and i failed hard on getting one yesterday...May trying it again tdy...

Btw we are talking about a Build with 10 humanity, and chaos Greatswords +5.
    Jovias-86
    Jovias-86
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

[Question] Man Serpent Greatsword or Claymore (Chaos) Empty Re: [Question] Man Serpent Greatsword or Claymore (Chaos)

Post by Jovias-86 Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:16 am

It depends on your strgth and Dex stats....
    MSGS scales only with Strength and is the most powerful greatsword IMO.
    Claymore has a better moveset though and scales with both Strgth and Dex... happy

Both swords have pretty much the same range with Claymore getting slightly more I guess...
    Honestly, you should like both if u like greatswords!
    BoilerFan8472
    BoilerFan8472
    Addicted
    Addicted

[Question] Man Serpent Greatsword or Claymore (Chaos) Empty Re: [Question] Man Serpent Greatsword or Claymore (Chaos)

Post by BoilerFan8472 Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:39 am

Man serpent if you have lots of strength. If you have around 20 dex and 40 strength go with the claymore
    Pallash
    Pallash
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Pallash Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:53 am

I was thinking about making a chaos MSGS or a chaos claymore build.
    I have another str build char, wich has 50 str. wich wep is better suited now? and how do i upgrade it?
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:15 pm

if you're going to make them elemental you might want to go with claymore just because its lighter and has lower stat req. that way you can put more stats into vit,end,or att ext. msgs does do better dmg however, but the stats and weight make claymore more viable as a elemental weapon imo.
    Jovias-86
    Jovias-86
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jovias-86 Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:19 pm

With 50 strgth go for MSGS... upgrade path normal +15 or Crystal +4 or +5 if you have the slab to spare happy
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:22 pm

If you are making them chaos I would go with the claymore because it requires 8 less strength and is marginally faster, literally a tiny margin but its there.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:26 pm

MSGS all the way best greatsword in the game hands down! Like others have said depends on stats tho 50 str MSGS all the way is you have dex maybe not! Hard to compare them tho very different movesets!

Claymores thrust is great until you run into a parry guy then its insta parry! The 2 handed R2 are the same and both are great for dead angles. Claymores much faster of course but MSGS will stunlock better. The 1 handed R2 of the MSGS is a great parry setup move for me anyways!

Comes down to stats and personal preference I guess!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:13 pm