Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
The Letter X
k4Anarky
6 posters

Claymore VS Manserpent Greatsword

k4Anarky
    k4Anarky

Claymore VS Manserpent Greatsword Empty Claymore VS Manserpent Greatsword

Post by k4Anarky Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:14 pm

I started NG+ a week ago, and yesterday I manage to get my strength to 50 and dexterity to 41.

In the beginning of NG+, I buffed out the Demon Greataxe to +15. Originally, I plan to use the Demon Greataxe for a pure strength build through NG+, but my previous Four Kings encounter made me rethinking for a lighter and quicker approach. And since Claymore scale a mediocre C/C for both attributes, so I was hoping since my build is buffed in both Strength and Dexterity, mediocrities could combine into something awesome?

So I decided to make my Claymore to 14+, and right now I'm rolling with all +10 Elite Knight and +5 Silver Knight shield. I did 4 Four Kings run before I defeated them. Two runs I did it with the Demon Greataxe + Stone Greatshield + Mask of the Father, and the other two runs with the Claymore build I mentioned above.

I found (at least with my Dex/Strengh build) that the Claymore +14 is vastly superior to the Demon Greataxe +15 in terms of DPS, eventhough DGA are vastly higher in AR. One RB(xbox) hit from the DGA deal 430 damage to the Four Kings, while one RB hit from the Claymore deal 309 damage. BUT the time AND stamina it took for the DGA to land a hit, the Claymore could have land like 3 hits AND have already recovered and I could start taking hits.

So my theory is that the Claymore is pretty *** dope. But then it got me thinking: Manserpent Greatsword has an A Strength scaling at +14 and a pretty fast moveset. Eventually I'll try the Great Hollows lizard for titanite Slab, but chances are I could get only one. So which is better, a MSGS with 50 strength build, for a Claymore with 50/41 Strength/Dex build?

Thanks!
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Claymore VS Manserpent Greatsword Empty Re: Claymore VS Manserpent Greatsword

Post by The Letter X Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:21 pm

The Claymore has a more versatile moveset, but I think the MSGS may have a higher damage output. I think it really depends on which moveset/look you prefer.

The Claymore also has an advantage in weight: 6 opposed to 10.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:24 pm

Claymore is a "quality" weapon, the MSGS is a strength weapon.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:26 pm

A more direct comparison to the msgs is the bastard sword, same moveset, faster, but with C-C scaling. With 40-40 the C-C scaling is almost the same as a B scaling, and both the clay and bastard have higher AR and DPS than the msgs at almost half the weight. The only reason to use the msgs is on a pure strength build, the higher guardbreak or for looks.
    k4Anarky
    k4Anarky

Post by k4Anarky Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:41 pm

ublug wrote:A more direct comparison to the msgs is the bastard sword, same moveset, faster, but with C-C scaling. With 40-40 the C-C scaling is almost the same as a B scaling, and both the clay and bastard have higher AR and DPS than the msgs at almost half the weight. The only reason to use the msgs is on a pure strength build, the higher guardbreak or for looks.
    OK thanks. Then I'll probably 15+ the Claymore for this playthrough and try out other Dex weapons.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:36 pm

To balance out the fact that C-C scaling weapons require more investment than A scaling weapons, C-C scaling weapons are stronger than single scaling weapons at the stats 40-40. Not only is the Claymore more versatile and lighter, it is also stronger.

There may be an off-chance that MSGS is a little stronger than Claymore, but the other benefits of the Claymore make it better.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:41 pm

Seignar wrote:To balance out the fact that C-C scaling weapons require more investment than A scaling weapons, C-C scaling weapons are stronger than single scaling weapons at the stats 40-40. Not only is the Claymore more versatile and lighter, it is also stronger.

There may be an off-chance that MSGS is a little stronger than Claymore, but the other benefits of the Claymore make it better.

It's true, the MSGS outdamaged the Claymore by about 3 points at 40/40 in the test I just ran. The Claymore's moveset definitely puts it in a different class than the MSGS on a quality build.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:02 pm

Clay's better with your stats. They'll practically do the same damage, and the clay has a better moveset and less weight. If you didn't have high Dex the Man-serpent would be better.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:17 am