Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
MikailArksot
cerealaire
Back Lot Basher
OminousSquaffle
Extofogeese
TheMeInTeam
Soul of Stray Demon
Dr__Awkward
Jester's Tears
Ariona Allant
Sneezer
heyno
Dibsville
Emergence
Mental Gear
X3RR0STR0N
Animaaal
Shakie666
reim0027
drdrack
MosquitoPower
Sentiel
Exclusive
GrinTwist
TheGreatGrapsy
MacDragon65
densetsushun
VaDoom
twilightwarwolf
Hue
Jansports
Serious_Much
Carphil
Wilkinson3424
oEasy0
aaronstarnes
40 posters

Hardest Boss?

Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Hardest Boss? - Page 3 Empty Re: Hardest Boss?

Post by Back Lot Basher Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:33 pm

I'm going to answer this with a breakdown by build:

1 - Squishy Mage:  Capra Demon, simply because you meet him so early in your growth, probably don't have stats for a good shield, and casting in those close quarters is deadly

2 - Cleric:  O&S, because so much of your ranged attack is based on lightning, and they are resistant to it.

3 - Squishy Ninja (dex build): assuming you went more for dodging and don't have a lot in the way of shields or armor to depend on, I'd say Firesage Demon or Manus.

4 - Melee / Strength build: Probably Kalameet.
    cerealaire
    cerealaire
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by cerealaire Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:25 am

ng+6 god damn belfry gargoyles
    MikailArksot
    MikailArksot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MikailArksot Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:20 pm

In terms of difficulty and strategy, Ornstein and Smough for sure; you need to pay attention to both of them while trying to kill one of them. Smough's area is much wider and easier to hit, but Ornstein is fast and will most likely hit you while trying to harm his partner. 

Plus, once one of them is down, the latter gets the defeated's power; Ornstein gets larger and Smough gets electricity. Regardless, you are going to fight a giant with electricity, but in this instance, I believe Ornstein is harder; he still retains some of his speed and accuracy, whereas Smough doesn't get much different in terms of moveset, aside from his slamming move becoming electrified.

I ALWAYS summon a phantom for this fight. Preferably a human character other than Solaire.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:11 pm

MikailArksot wrote:In terms of difficulty and strategy, Ornstein and Smough for sure; you need to pay attention to both of them while trying to kill one of them. Smough's area is much wider and easier to hit, but Ornstein is fast and will most likely hit you while trying to harm his partner. 

Plus, once one of them is down, the latter gets the defeated's power; Ornstein gets larger and Smough gets electricity. Regardless, you are going to fight a giant with electricity, but in this instance, I believe Ornstein is harder; he still retains some of his speed and accuracy, whereas Smough doesn't get much different in terms of moveset, aside from his slamming move becoming electrified.

I ALWAYS summon a phantom for this fight. Preferably a human character other than Solaire.

Actually, I find Giant Ornstein much easier then Giant Smough, Smough takes out so much stamina if you block and his slam has a much bigger aoe then ornstein's.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:30 pm

1 - Squishy Mage:  Capra Demon, simply because you meet him so early in your growth, probably don't have stats for a good shield, and casting in those close quarters is deadly

Mages can use other equipment temporarily.  Examples include wolf ring and/or knight armor.  Poise tank the dogs and kill them after dodging capra jump attack.

Alternatively, most mages will use dexterity in some capacity to speed cast time.  A single point in it allows you to rapier poke from behind a shield.  Heater and rapier cost very little from the undead merchant (can buy them right after asylum if you run there).  Even if you don't do that, simply wolf-ring trading the dogs after dodging the capra should work with pretty much any +5 weapon of your choice, and the fight is trivial after that.

3 - Squishy Ninja (dex build): assuming you went more for dodging and don't have a lot in the way of shields or armor to depend on, I'd say Firesage Demon or Manus.

Manus I could see, but firesage?  Blocking the magic is questionable anyway, in fact blocking him in general is questionable.  Just run around him unlocked like usual and attack during his excruciatingly slow recoveries.

Actually, I find Giant Ornstein much easier then Giant Smough, Smough takes out so much stamina if you block and his slam has a much bigger aoe then ornstein's.

Smough in either form absolutely, positively can not handle getting around pillars.  He'll shovel attack right into them, exposing himself to basically anything you want to use (Zwei 2h, halberd, spear, magic, pyromancy, bow, xbow, take your pick).  Super O can stab you through the pillar, do his warping jump attack, and actually shoot at you.  Smough can...continue to charge into the pillar, or jump into it.  Or swing into it hitting nothing.

Super O can actually hit me!  You can dodge most of his non-butt slam attacks by keeping close, but occasionally he'll do this back-jumping swing in front of him and it's too fast to do much about it if you're already swinging, meaning you either turtlepoke that or you can't attack him unless he's committed to an attack already.  His stabbing, butt slam, and jump dash-forward are all threatening, and I have been stabbed by his "stab grab" THROUGH the freaking pillars before...on a base vitality build that absolutely will 1-shot you unless you are wearing lightning-resist gear.  Super S has nothing on super O.

Overall O&S are probably the hardest unless your damage sucks simply because you still need to memorize patterns, but there are two of them.  While manus and kalameet are no joke, they have patterns/tells and only require focusing on one guy.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:47 pm

Well, It's a matter of opinion then, because I happen to find it incredibly easy to dodge all of ornstein's moves, the only problems I have is the butt slam, because they will always find a way to use it, right when I start my swing, so I don't have enough time to roll back.
    Ishiotzin
    Ishiotzin
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Ishiotzin Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:24 pm

my hardest boss was the capra in NG and the manus in NG+ or more
    Undiscovery
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Undiscovery Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:09 pm

No matter what I still can't solo the four kings NG+(& beyond) without some hella liz-shrooms.
    Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:45 pm

4 Kings, I always have low vit. If the first one doesn't one-shot me, it's the last frigging one!
    Undiscovery
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Undiscovery Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:54 pm

At least they have a collective Health Bar.. At least..
    Ishiotzin
    Ishiotzin
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Ishiotzin Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:01 pm

when i figth the four kings i change from my gold-hammed set to havels so i can tank him
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:02 am

I've got a SL233 I've been playing lately, ng8. I'm thinking of trying to tank the kings. I have to write my will first, though...
    Undiscovery
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Undiscovery Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:49 am

May the Sun be with you. Praise the Sun
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:54 am

Green__Eagle wrote:I've got a SL233 I've been playing lately, ng8. I'm thinking of trying to tank the kings. I have to write my will first, though...
    Lingering ring + a few copies of GMB should do big grin.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:53 pm