Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
MikailArksot
cerealaire
Back Lot Basher
OminousSquaffle
Extofogeese
TheMeInTeam
Soul of Stray Demon
Dr__Awkward
Jester's Tears
Ariona Allant
Sneezer
heyno
Dibsville
Emergence
Mental Gear
X3RR0STR0N
Animaaal
Shakie666
reim0027
drdrack
MosquitoPower
Sentiel
Exclusive
GrinTwist
TheGreatGrapsy
MacDragon65
densetsushun
VaDoom
twilightwarwolf
Hue
Jansports
Serious_Much
Carphil
Wilkinson3424
oEasy0
aaronstarnes
40 posters

Hardest Boss?

drdrack
    Regular
    Regular

Hardest Boss? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hardest Boss?

Post by drdrack Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:31 pm

No one mention Taco and Shelly, no one?!!

I hate 2v1 personally, but then again it probably isn't that hard if you use summons. (unlike qualaag this one acutally does something useful, seriously my last playthough the butcher lady didn't even come in to the fog and i have to dispense the remaining that was planned by my summon health with a lovely dagger)

Dragon, but this one's a no brainer.

Really no boss is hard if you go dark bead/crystal souls spear mage...
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:59 pm

I've meleed Manus, Arty, and Kalameet many many times. They really aren't that difficult for me anymore. 4 kings is still the hardest.
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:33 pm

O&S are a pain at first, but the hardest bit is simply juggling 2 opponents. Get the hang of that and they're really not that bad. Also, why is everyone saying 4 Kings? On NG they're an absolute joke; wear full havels, and assuming you have a reasonable weapon you don't need to bother dodging (not that dodging them is hard either). Even on NG+7 and there's multiple kings at once, I can't think of a single instance where I've had 2 of them attacking me at once. When you're attacking one of them, the others just circle around you without doing anything, so you don't even need a DPS machine to kill them.

In terms of the number of deaths I take, manus is the hardest boss for me, with kalameet a close second. They're pretty much the only bosses you can't just kill by turtling (on NG+7 anyway).
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:37 pm

MosquitoPower wrote:
    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:I would say for a first playthrough, Capra Demon. If you're new to the game, it takes forever to kill him. Especially his annoying dogs.

Im going to back this one as well.
    First playthrough, almost NOBODY is ready for what is behind that fog wall.....

I'm so on board with this.   I cussed out Capra and his "Mutt Pack" I don't know how many times.

I was a kid last time I broke a controller.....Capra almost made me break another one the same way King Allant almost did when he kicked my arse and then deleveled me.

Rant Bad day Rant
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:27 pm

After doing demon's ruins a lot, Capra doesn't bother me at all. His dogs and their tendency to avoid attacks and stun you that bother me. Once the dogs are dead, Capra is a pushover. Easily dodgable moves, they are predictable and very easy to punish.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:48 pm

In regular new game wolf ring = poise tank and kill capra dogs.  You can't always afford that in NG+ iterations though.  However, that fight is always trivialized to a degree if you just go in with a high stability shield and a spear or rapier, since you can block and turtle poke the dogs as they attack and once they're gone the fight is trivial.  Considering you get a lightning spear in Sen's, this shouldn't be particularly difficult even in NG+, while in NG you can just use anything really.

I saw in a post earlier above that 4kings won't attack you if you're near one, but that isn't true.  I've been swiped by other kings while fighting one, and the resulting stun caused the one I was fighting to kill me outright.  4kings is, in fact, a DPS and/or luck race.  Mostly people go the DPS route, and it's not that hard to manage it if you're running power within or go red tearstone mode and can handle 1 mistake = death.  All of the SL1 NG+7 runs on them I've seen involved a fast elemental weapon and RTSR.  If you're a faith or int build you can just go PW + Buff and use pretty much anything for absurd damage.  Only builds that struggle in dps race are low SL ones where you really need RTSR.

O&S solo is indeed a pain.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:19 am

THIS SEXY BASTARD. (It's Solaire.)

He can one-shot you at lower levels. If you touches his host, he'll whip out his pimp-lighting spear, but since he shows mercy to your weak-a**. He misses on purpose then rolls foward to show you he doesn't even need to walk.

And after he murders you, he just stand and watches over your cold dead body, then returns to his host to drink some damn orange juice, it doesn't heal him but he's to badass to even care.

Last edited by Jester's Tears on Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    X3RR0STR0N
    X3RR0STR0N

Post by X3RR0STR0N Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:21 am

Too me kalameet and quelaag maybe manus
    Mental Gear
    Mental Gear
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mental Gear Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:51 am

As for the boss that killed my characters the most that would be Manus. It took quite a while to find an answer for all his different attacks and execute them flawlessly every time.
    A close second is huge Ornstein, the first time I beat him I lucked out with arrows and him repeating his lightning shot. And oh God how I hated his impaling-lightning move before I found a solution.
    Kalameet is still the most intimidating foe to me, but after beating him several times on NG and NG+ he's not that hard anymore, the starting animations for his attacks are predictable.
    If I go for the most annoying Bed of Chaos rises above all others. Either I'm unable to read its attacks better or there's too much luck involved in getting to the point where you can get onto the branch. Now I just do the quit/reload thing to get it over with as fast as possible.
    In NG+ and beyond the 4 Kings become quite challenging.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:53 pm

Or when you go to jump on the root, and you land and then proceed to roll off. So fricking annoying.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:54 pm

Jester's Tears wrote:

THIS SEXY BASTARD. 

He can one-shot you at lower levels. If you touches his host, he'll whip out his pimp-lighting spear, but since he shows mercy to your weak-a**. He misses on purpose then rolls foward to show you he doesn't even need to walk.

And after he murders you, he just stand and watches over your cold dead body, then returns to his host to drink some damn orange juice, it doesn't heal him but he's to badass to even care.

Please follow forum guidelines when choosing images and use taste.
    heyno

Post by heyno Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:55 am

I know I shouldn't be posting this here but could someone ease help me with smough and oraten
    New to the game level 51 need some help please! happy
    heyno

Post by heyno Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:55 am

I know I shouldn't be posting this here but could someone ease help me with smough and oraten
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:04 am

heyno wrote:I know I shouldn't be posting this here but could someone ease help me with smough and oraten
    There are a few threads you can refer to for help, but before you go; make sure you always include your system (PS3, Xbox, PC), as well as your name (PSN, Gamertag, GWFL ID). That way we know who can help and who to help. You can refer here for the Trading and Player Help section.
    heyno

Post by heyno Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:22 am

Ps3 name: BlakKest_Hole thanks heaps I have tried other threads also happy
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:06 am

I beat Capra the first time when I was new to the game, I guess I just got lucky or something.

I remember I got killed by Taurus a lot the first time, but that was probably due to me starting out as a thief.

Only 3 bosses have ever given me much trouble, 2 of which I always summon on. 
    Orns and Smough are ones I have trouble with alone, since I'm usually stuck with lightning weapons or something like +7, so my damage output is pretty bad. I usually summon Solaire to help me out.
    The 4 chipmunks I always summon, I just can't be bothered to fight them alone, too much of a pain, usually.
    Last and probably least, the Stray Demon gives me issues, not sure why I get caught by him so much, but he's very good at ruining my day.
    Ariona Allant
    Ariona Allant

Post by Ariona Allant Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:14 am

On ng+ and beyond, 4 kings becomes insanely difficult. In ng i would say bed of chaos. never really had any problems with any other bosses. I beat biggy smalls first try on my first char.

edit: and i did O and S solo.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:47 am

Emergence wrote:
    Jester's Tears wrote:

THIS SEXY BASTARD. (It's Solaire.)

Please follow forum guidelines when choosing images and use taste.

Bad Habit(s)....
    Dr__Awkward
    Dr__Awkward
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Dr__Awkward Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:48 am

I still find the 4 kings the hardest boss fight. Mostly all of the boss fights can be won with patience, but the 4 kings forces you out of patience and into a rush, which goes against my preference. One of the only bosses(besides the BoC) that I will rage quit on.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:24 am

My personal hardest boss though is the Sanctuary Guardian, he's fast, has an annoying tail cut, and it's very hard to heal in the fight without being attacked while doing it. Even Artorias gives you quite a few chances to heal in battle.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:23 pm

Ariona Allant wrote:On ng+ and beyond, 4 kings becomes insanely difficult. In ng i would say bed of chaos. never really had any problems with any other bosses. I beat biggy smalls first try on my first char.

edit: and i did O and S solo.

If you have 10 attunement, you can always just go lingering ring + power within and should be able to crush down at least 2 kings before PW wears off even on NG+, maybe the 3rd.  It's not trivial with an elemental weapon, but doable.  If you're running faith or INT it's pretty easy though because you can go lingering + PW + weapon buff and mop the floor.  This is, of course, assuming you're dodging the attacks and not trying to tank them.

Of course NG +7 you need to be pretty close to perfect without the buffs.  Emarrel and others did it simply using red tearstone ring + elemental reinforced club or hand axe though.  I still consider them harder because you can't stall out perfect opportunities to attack indefinitely.

IMO O&S on NG+ iterations start to be a real pain, because similar to 4kings the multiple attackers requires a fast weapon to handle it.  If you bring out a summon, even Solaire it's not so bad if you kill O first though.
    Extofogeese
    Extofogeese

Post by Extofogeese Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:27 am

I seen a friend of mine beat both manus and kalameet on his first attempt with a heavy build without any summon help, have to say I was beyond impressed after all the trouble I had with them!
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:54 pm

Manus and Kalameet are both pretty easy once you get the hang of them, but dang, first time, that's impressive.
    OminousSquaffle
    OminousSquaffle
    Casual
    Casual

Post by OminousSquaffle Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:56 pm

Pinwheel hardest boss.

I tried (and failed) to kill him about twenty times on my first SL 120 toon, and got massacred until I found out by accident he's weak to prong and/or crushing damage. Ice also does pretty well since after you freeze him, you can sometimes get lucky and break off one of his limbs.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:38 pm

Pinwheel is hard. Every time I hit him he just disappears without taking any damage. lmao

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:21 am