Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+38
Parrotperil
TehInfamousAmos
sunbro
Saturnine Knight
Quarik
Rin
Rynoa
reim0027
Yarxov
eninala
cloudyeki
DarkW17
Bamjam
cjmully
Imarreteet23
kiwi_commander
ChizFreak
Ignus-Dej
DJ_XHERO
dominoboy
WyrmHero
skarekrow13
Toastfacekillah
Forum Pirate
ViralEnsign_
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
User
Emergence
Dj-B-Man-Jr
Brokewilly
Yukon
Spurgun
barecanvas
befowler
aceluby
nsane32
Tolvo
strangejoy
42 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

alvina - For the Glory of Alvina - Page 40 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by cloudyeki Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:08 am

Nicely done skare. I think I know who you're talking about, her phantom was a dragonoid and I slaughtered him when I first met him. Poison'd Server stunlock ending with a cremation.

On another I used the GSoA and Great Chaos Fireball to tie with a would-be ganker, with his sunbro popping up a second after we both turned to ash.
    Yog
    Yog
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Yog Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:23 am

Quarik ever try the bandit's knife? Alot of people underestimate the knives in my opinion. Bandit's can attack very quick, SLB gives it e heck of a boost and it's backstab damage is a phenomenal 147 to most weapons 100. If your attacks are gaining damage from boosts I highly recommend at least giving it a shot. The down side is obviously the short range but if you're playing hyper aggressive then it's a fine choice.
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:36 am

DoughGuy wrote:If you're looking for a nice weapon that can stunlock I always like the Man Serpent GreatSword. If you have high strength its amazing at +15. I get 4 2 handed or 5 one handed swings at 130ish stamina. Its also great at stunlocking even at gankers using giants armour.

Yep can confrim this
    This is now my fav weapon a has a realy good stunlock
    Has a great combo to R1 R2 R1 R2 does about 1700 hp damage was buffed with fire raisin
    And that's with a host in full giants

Last edited by sunbro on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:36 am

Yog the downside of the knife is that it's an obvious weapon. They're gonna block and evade because of the parry-reposte and backstab damage. It's best left as a hidden weapon in your 2nd slot, so you can parry, quick switch, and kidney stab.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:50 am

Parry?!? That would take... skill! I don't have that. I have the cheapest, cheesiest, least sportsmanlike tactics possible. And oh, it is satisfying to kill gankers with them.
    Yog
    Yog
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Yog Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:07 am

Cloud I agree with that if what you're going for is parries and backstabs. I've had some success with using it as a main with SLB and PW though as people think I'm going for those and ignore it's rapid attack speed. It can get in alot of hits quickly and when most of your damage comes from buffs it can shred people. I don't use it any more as I switched to the uchi some time ago, but I started my main toon as a thief and ran around in starting gear till ng+ (like I said before got way into role playing him for a while). It messes with peoples heads when you use an obvious weapon in a non-standard way.

The point is if you know what people are expecting from you they become easy to predict and punish.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:14 am

True, I sure as hell love tricking fools. "run away from the gankers like a scared school girl" then they get onto my bridge/grill twisted
    Yog
    Yog
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Yog Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:22 am

I love it Cloud. Let them get over confident then smack them down like the no talent hacks they are. Wretched gankers get what they deserve.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:01 am

Well friends and countrymen/women its been a difficult morning. No wins to speak of just a bunch of ganks by the Europeans. I am usually able to snatch a couple of victories from the jaws of defeat but no joy this morning.

I heard news yesterday from another hunter that some of the European gankers are setting up lag DS Bow traps in the forest and was able to kill a well known player on the XBOX (he made a parry/riposte montage vid with a great soundtrack - hint, hint - he is also an ally of Alvina since he does not kill hunters in the forest only campers). These campers have probably made an enemy for life - this guy will hunt you down to kill you. The forest is getting very interesting indeed.

Oh, the struggle continues but the allies of Alvina will fight the good fight. Maybe I will have better luck tonight. Man I hate having a string of losses like this - it really messes with your head.

Last edited by Brokewilly on Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:03 am

I just imagined a montage of black and white american soldiers, with newspaper headlines every now and then mentioning "The War," old propoganda/news from the 1940's style haha.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:41 am

Lol....."Marching to Victory"
    *Staticy microphone sound* The allies of Alvina faced a setback today when it was learned the European forces were setting up DS bow lag blockades, injuring one of our beloved boys in the process. Roosevelt plans to send in his fog ring forces to counter this maneuver......

And don't forget boys and girls.....you can help our men in blue by collecting tin cans and eyes of death to bolster the Dark Wraith alliance!
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:55 am

Quarik wrote:BSS was good, but didn't do enough damage to kill.

BSS +15 + CMW + Leo ring = good, good times.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:18 pm

*Staticy war noise*

We will fight them in our forests,
    we will fight them on our bridge!
    We will fight them on their ground
    We will always win.

Alvina Churchill.
    Yog
    Yog
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Yog Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:38 pm

Don't let it get you down Broke. Sometimes it's just the luck of the draw. Keep your head held high and know the streak will end. You have rallied the troops. Vengeance shall be ours.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:26 pm

Always press on Broke......After I started refining my cannon build I ran into two campers who sadly were excellent at backstabbing. They got me many times in a row. I never got revenge myself but did invade in time to see another blue get both within seconds of each other. He actually got the host first.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:40 pm

Thanks for the kind words of support everyone. I will try to redeem the name of the old covenant tonight - trying out some different looks so hopefully my experimentation will be effective.

Maybe I can get some revenge for the morning losses.

-------

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=4476

-------

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=4491

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:47 pm