Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+38
Parrotperil
TehInfamousAmos
sunbro
Saturnine Knight
Quarik
Rin
Rynoa
reim0027
Yarxov
eninala
cloudyeki
DarkW17
Bamjam
cjmully
Imarreteet23
kiwi_commander
ChizFreak
Ignus-Dej
DJ_XHERO
dominoboy
WyrmHero
skarekrow13
Toastfacekillah
Forum Pirate
ViralEnsign_
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
User
Emergence
Dj-B-Man-Jr
Brokewilly
Yukon
Spurgun
barecanvas
befowler
aceluby
nsane32
Tolvo
strangejoy
42 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

alvina - For the Glory of Alvina - Page 38 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by cloudyeki Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:19 pm

So far its 'if you have a summon and just stand around your gonna have a bad time. if your by yourself and bow then it's an honorable duel'
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:24 pm

2nd fight was sloppy on your part broke. It had to be said. In the end you made a good distraction leading to there demise, so it worked out in the end. Your hanging back to cast which is pretty easy to see. I'd like to see about pressing the melee attack and as they escape using a css.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:29 pm

My Computer is having some sort of fight with Youtube right now, so I can't watch any of them. sad

Reim, typical duel rules for duellists.

Gankers, kill at any cost.

Invading as a DW and see an AFK hunter, kill them or drain them of humanity if you have the time.

PvE players, I typically ignore them but I know people like to fight them as well, so that's just up to each of us. They're incredibly rare either way.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:01 pm

I take it back, you need 56 poise to not get staggered by the MLGS. I guess my first test had a bit of poise missing or sumptin. Fortunately, havels legging+gauntlets get to 56 exactly.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:30 pm

cloudyeki wrote:2nd fight was sloppy on your part broke. It had to be said. In the end you made a good distraction leading to there demise, so it worked out in the end. Your hanging back to cast which is pretty easy to see. I'd like to see about pressing the melee attack and as they escape using a css.

Yep - I know was completely disoriented and grasping at straws :oops: in that fight although it ended bad for me the covenant came out on top. Oh well all I can say will do better next time, especially in regards to my combat focus.

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:33 pm

Tolvo wrote:My Computer is having some sort of fight with Youtube right now, so I can't watch any of them. sad

Reim, typical duel rules for duellists.

Gankers, kill at any cost.

Invading as a DW and see an AFK hunter, kill them or drain them of humanity if you have the time.

PvE players, I typically ignore them but I know people like to fight them as well, so that's just up to each of us. They're incredibly rare either way.

I second what Tolvo and Cloud said - those are pretty much the standard rules in the forest. You come with honor you get honor anything else its the business end of a blade (or if you are trying to get to Sif - then free passage with eyeballs :face: watching you).

Yog
    Yog
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Yog Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:59 am

Thanks for the welcome Broke. I know your one of the few xbox players. I hope to see you in the forest some time.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:34 am

I'm on xbox as well, shoot me a friend request.

So it turns out that when you combine Power Within (use an unupgraded flame for that), Crown of Dusk, Bellowing Dragoncrest (contrary to what Tolvo said, you don't need a catalyst for either of those to boost pyromancies), Red Tearstone Ring, and Chaos Storm, you can deal unbelievable amounts of damage (I dealt 2300 damage to the undead on the bridge in the burg by the Sunlight Altar without lava). Even regular ol' Great Chaos Fireball deals ~1300 (with lava) to a guy in full giants.

For a while there I was rolling with an unupgraded flame in my left, and fully upgraded flame in my right, and dealing 500-1500 damage with pyromancies, of which I had 6 slots worth. Twas great fun. Now I've got a +15 mura in my rh1, +5 flame in rh2, basic flame lh1, and canvas talisman lh2. Apply Power Within, apply Sunlight Blade, apply Hornet's Ring, apply Dark Wood Grain Ring, dispense death. I dealt ~2600 damage on a backstab with PW, HR, and SLB mura. Needless to say, my target was very much dead.

In an invasion earlier tonight with my dual pyro flames, I spawned in at the stairs, and of course two gankers immediately attack me. I try to make a run for Alvina, but get bs'ed and go down to about 100 hp. I roll a few times, make the rest of the run onto the bridge, and cast Great Chaos Fireball on the host, who comes before the phantom (derp). 933 damage, and he kills me. As he runs away and the "You Died" message appears on the screen, he walks through the lava and dies. KILL FROM THE GRAVE *****! The phantom couldn't figure out what happened, and just kinda ran around until he despawned. That made the entire night of getting destroyed by gankers totally worth it.
    Yog
    Yog
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Yog Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:27 am

Thank Quarik. I'll send it out tomorrow.

That is an insane amount of dmg man. Light those gankers up.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:08 am

I actually said you don't need a catalyst haha. All I said is that ring doesn't boost Miracles, but with ring of the Sun's Firstborn and that set up you can get a One hit WotG if you have around 50 Faith, even better if somehow you get a Synergy off which basically means anyone dies.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:32 am

Quarik wrote:I'm on xbox as well, shoot me a friend request.

So it turns out that when you combine Power Within (use an unupgraded flame for that), Crown of Dusk, Bellowing Dragoncrest (contrary to what Tolvo said, you don't need a catalyst for either of those to boost pyromancies), Red Tearstone Ring, and Chaos Storm, you can deal unbelievable amounts of damage (I dealt 2300 damage to the undead on the bridge in the burg by the Sunlight Altar without lava). Even regular ol' Great Chaos Fireball deals ~1300 (with lava) to a guy in full giants.

For a while there I was rolling with an unupgraded flame in my left, and fully upgraded flame in my right, and dealing 500-1500 damage with pyromancies, of which I had 6 slots worth. Twas great fun. Now I've got a +15 mura in my rh1, +5 flame in rh2, basic flame lh1, and canvas talisman lh2. Apply Power Within, apply Sunlight Blade, apply Hornet's Ring, apply Dark Wood Grain Ring, dispense death. I dealt ~2600 damage on a backstab with PW, HR, and SLB mura. Needless to say, my target was very much dead.

In an invasion earlier tonight with my dual pyro flames, I spawned in at the stairs, and of course two gankers immediately attack me. I try to make a run for Alvina, but get bs'ed and go down to about 100 hp. I roll a few times, make the rest of the run onto the bridge, and cast Great Chaos Fireball on the host, who comes before the phantom (derp). 933 damage, and he kills me. As he runs away and the "You Died" message appears on the screen, he walks through the lava and dies. KILL FROM THE GRAVE *****! The phantom couldn't figure out what happened, and just kinda ran around until he despawned. That made the entire night of getting destroyed by gankers totally worth it.

Quarik - great set-up and fantastic damage. I haven't played around with pyro in a while so I am going to have to put pyro on retraining list. I like seeing when you are able to kill your target even though you are on your way to the next life twisted .

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:18 am

Yog wrote:Thanks for the welcome Broke. I know your one of the few xbox players. I hope to see you in the forest some time.

No problem bro - PM your gamer tag and I will send you a friend request. I hope to fight along side you soon.

The resistance just keeps getting stronger and stronger - Alvina is truly pleased.

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:58 am

I was toying with glass cannon concepts last night. I was asked if I had a spare Priscilla's dagger which I did not. I set out for the painted world (don't tell the Lifehunters) and used the red tearstone, power within and buffed my GS with lemon power......I have no idea how much damage I did because the first hit took the dagger blocking my view of the lifebar and the second hit finished the job with the dagger still blocking my view. I am very much tempted to do this in the forest.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:06 am

skarekrow13 wrote:I was toying with glass cannon concepts last night. I was asked if I had a spare Priscilla's dagger which I did not. I set out for the painted world (don't tell the Lifehunters) and used the red tearstone, power within and buffed my GS with lemon power......I have no idea how much damage I did because the first hit took the dagger blocking my view of the lifebar and the second hit finished the job with the dagger still blocking my view. I am very much tempted to do this in the forest.

Skare - go for it - especially if you like ending fights as quickly as possible. Your set-up should be very useful in the forest. Hopefully you will tape some of your bouts to let us see the utter carnage you create.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:29 pm

Lol.....I can keep trying but my phone doesn't like to play well with the tv. I believe I will try the cannon tonight. Most opponents against my buffed scythe can't take more than a few hits. With Power Within and Red Tearstone.......they might not last one. My biggest concern with Power Within is that I don't have a lot of Humanity farmed to heal if the fight takes too long. I should probably use my least upgraded glove too to limit the loss of health. Any other suggestions? I will do some testing in the Undead Burg tonight and see my damage output since Priscilla's dagger robbed me of any reference last night. The lemon powered scythe does upward of 800 on hollow spear guys so this should be interesting.

EDIT:
    I figure I will switch out of the Black Iron Armor to ditch the Havel's ring for the Red Tearstone. That way I can keep my DWGR for speed. Since hit means dead regardless I will probably go full tights and therefore have trouble deciding which Hunter thread to post successes on.
    Bamjam
    Bamjam
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bamjam Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:58 pm

@Brokewilly, some nice videos you made there, i always love forest hunting vids.
    the sound is a bit off but for the rest its pretty cool to watch!
    I really hate that guy you fight in the sorcery training#3 vid, all that *** does is lagstab silly
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:01 pm

Bamjam wrote:@Brokewilly, some nice videos you made there, i always love forest hunting vids.
    the sound is a bit off but for the rest its pretty cool to watch!
    I really hate that guy you fight in the sorcery training#3 vid, all that *** does is lagstab silly

Bamjam - thanks bro. I am still trying to tweak my audio input on the PVR. I think I have it 5x5 now though.

I am about to post two videos from this morning - now everyone will see the crazy lag when you fight Europeans across the big pond. Lag was brutal this morning but I think I was able to adjust ok.

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Lol.....I can keep trying but my phone doesn't like to play well with the tv. I believe I will try the cannon tonight. Most opponents against my buffed scythe can't take more than a few hits. With Power Within and Red Tearstone.......they might not last one. My biggest concern with Power Within is that I don't have a lot of Humanity farmed to heal if the fight takes too long. I should probably use my least upgraded glove too to limit the loss of health. Any other suggestions? I will do some testing in the Undead Burg tonight and see my damage output since Priscilla's dagger robbed me of any reference last night. The lemon powered scythe does upward of 800 on hollow spear guys so this should be interesting.

EDIT:
    I figure I will switch out of the Black Iron Armor to ditch the Havel's ring for the Red Tearstone. That way I can keep my DWGR for speed. Since hit means dead regardless I will probably go full tights and therefore have trouble deciding which Hunter thread to post successes on.

Skare - I always keep at least 50 humanity in my inventory for invading the forest. I make routine trips to the Depths to farm more - this area is the least dangerous and easiest to get to in regards obtaining humanity.

Yeah - you should use an unascended pyro for the PW - you get the benefit of the stamina boost (you can go to town with the GS) but not the extreme HP loss. Also, I agree with you on mobility factor - you have to keep your encumbrance as low as possible - mobility is life in the forest.

Glad to hear the P. Dagger is working out well - I think you are getting to a point where your set-up is just about where you want it.

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:11 pm

It is....unless I make a good cannon of course. For humanity farming I prefer skeleton baby murder. This also has a nice side effect of making sure none of those little jerks end up at the same daycare as my daughter.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:13 pm

Hey fellow allies of Alvina - I am posting two forest invasion vids from this morning. I like fighting Europeans but I do not like the lag and some of which I think is on purpose (i.e. lag switch, out-dated wireless radios). I did not think I would live through both of these bouts but Alvina was there with me the whole time cheers .

Roll the tape....

In this bout everyone will see why I keep my shield up so much. This host lags shoots me with DSB then tries to get me to bow (I seldom bow anymore since I was victimize the other day by a Lautrec imposter who chain BS'd me to oblivion - I put a hit out his butt). If I would have taken his bait and bowed I would have been surely killed – there is no honor amongst thieves I tell you. The camper is like warping all over the place - when I see stuff like this I usually BC out but I decided to stay and fight.

https://youtu.be/LSdywktgKHE

In this fight I get hit by the craziest "across the forest" lag BS I have ever seen. I don't know if the phantom was doing this on purpose or not but it was a very eye opening experience I must say. Oh don't we all just enjoy the lag exploiters lol! !!

https://youtu.be/FZPnonxyI2o

Keep racking up the kills people - the camping hoard just seems to never end.

Last edited by Brokewilly on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:15 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:It is....unless I make a good cannon of course. For humanity farming I prefer skeleton baby murder. This also has a nice side effect of making sure none of those little jerks end up at the same daycare as my daughter.

I heard that!!! lol! Just make a couple of trips to the ToTG to banks some humanity and you should be good to go. You will be ready for war then twisted .

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:38 pm

Lol.....my favorite part on the first video is when the tree had the host pinned against another tree.

I gotta ask.....how common are resonance rings for everyone? Broke's vids have them all the time. I NEVER see them in the forest. Not once.

On the second one I doubt he was doing something to exploit the lag. There's a much simpler solution Broke. First, he killed Nightcrawler and absorbed his ability to teleport. You're lucky he only chose to do this in short bursts. Then, he won the Vision's ability to change his density in a poker game. All those times you should have hit him but it didn't...he was simply not solid enough to hit.

Good fights on both cases. I noticed you didn't really fatigue yourself like you used to. Keep improving and you'll outclass us all. You're already way better than I am at fighting multiples.

I gotta place the Lordvessel first and since I hate peter Frampton I gotta kill Four Kings first and still haven't drained my Londo. In other words.....I'm being lazy about it.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:42 pm

Ha ha, just got a pair with the help of another hunter. The phantom was king fisher but kept letting me use humanity. It was worth it to see him get blindsided by papa shroom. The host wasn't any better, with my partner constantly bs-ing the guy and then lloyding him while he was down. Fight ended with a cartwheel swipe from my Quelaag's.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:12 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Lol.....my favorite part on the first video is when the tree had the host pinned against another tree.

I gotta ask.....how common are resonance rings for everyone? Broke's vids have them all the time. I NEVER see them in the forest. Not once.

On the second one I doubt he was doing something to exploit the lag. There's a much simpler solution Broke. First, he killed Nightcrawler and absorbed his ability to teleport. You're lucky he only chose to do this in short bursts. Then, he won the Vision's ability to change his density in a poker game. All those times you should have hit him but it didn't...he was simply not solid enough to hit.

Good fights on both cases. I noticed you didn't really fatigue yourself like you used to. Keep improving and you'll outclass us all. You're already way better than I am at fighting multiples.

I gotta place the Lordvessel first and since I hate peter Frampton I gotta kill Four Kings first and still haven't drained my Londo. In other words.....I'm being lazy about it.

Skare - I see them all over the forest (on the XBOX) all the time. All of the conflicts going on in the various worlds basically make them a dime a dozen in the forest. I have never consciously exploited them though - too worried about getting lag shot by a DS Bow! I don't know why you don't see them more often on the PSN - very interesting.

Thank you for the words of support - it really means alot - just trying to refine my fighting as much as I can. I just need to be more consistent though - sometimes I can find my battle rythm and other times I fight like a confused old man.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:32 pm

Broke in that first video I did think you were being a bit too defensive, but that stunlock at the end was a very great choice. Both of those videos had some pretty nuts lag, but probably the second one was just a guy with a really **** connection. If he was a lag abuser he would have straight up BS'ed you rather than try to fight.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:15 pm