Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+38
Parrotperil
TehInfamousAmos
sunbro
Saturnine Knight
Quarik
Rin
Rynoa
reim0027
Yarxov
eninala
cloudyeki
DarkW17
Bamjam
cjmully
Imarreteet23
kiwi_commander
ChizFreak
Ignus-Dej
DJ_XHERO
dominoboy
WyrmHero
skarekrow13
Toastfacekillah
Forum Pirate
ViralEnsign_
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
User
Emergence
Dj-B-Man-Jr
Brokewilly
Yukon
Spurgun
barecanvas
befowler
aceluby
nsane32
Tolvo
strangejoy
42 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

alvina - For the Glory of Alvina - Page 21 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by Brokewilly Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:04 am

Tolvo wrote:By the way I thought I should put this out there, because apparently a lot of people don't know about this. You can parry weapons that people are wielding in their left hand. I see many people get confused when I parry their spear in their left hand, so I just thought I should throw that out there haha.

Again another nugget of information to put in the old mental rolodex - boy are my stack of notes getting high. lol!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:08 am

Come and sit on old Grandpa Tolvo's lap while he tells you a story about Dark Souls PvP, while he tells you a story, about the Forest and its great battles.

Any questions about things you can think of while I'm here haha. I don't know how the hell I became kind of the info guy, but I might as well do my job while I'm here haha.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:45 am

Tolvo wrote:Sometimes I carry a rapier with it, so people assume I'm going to turtle so they try to break my guard. Bad idea, Parry Riposte, dead.

I love doing this, because you also get sick crit bonuses with rapiers. Had a lot of success doing this in the burg recently with hornet's ring and an estoc. Turtle up for a bit and then when they start spamming you OHKO with a riposte.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:13 am

Also Tolvo I would love to be included in any PvP classes you hold, as I need work. We should set up like a FH themed mini fight club or something.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:16 pm

Well I can host on one toon for anyone at SL 120 on the PS3, plus I have a Gravelord on the way who can host in even more obscure spots. I just wish we could do it in the forest, but that would be impossible to get going haha.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:21 pm

Would need a hell of an effort to get even one fight in there.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:35 pm

Tolvo wrote:I might suggest getting a base Mura and finding a friend willing to duel you in a spot so you can practice your dead angling on him.

that would be me silly
    also I need some practice I was amazing at PVP but got a little rusty just will take a few days to get back on track
    eninala

Post by eninala Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:38 pm

I'd be up for a mini fight club - my guy is at SL 122, not exactly 120. My initial plan had been to go to 125 with Att at 19. My last 2 levels were to raise it from 14->16 and I don't actually need that 4th slot. I know the FC caps at 120 so I wish I hadn't added those two points sad . Though I guess at some point I will want to attune both DMB and SLB.

In the meantime, I haven't gone all the way up to 125 because I haven't decided whether I want to go up to 19 Str to 2H the Murakumo or just dump the points into Vit. I know that as a DM or FH I could just keep pumping various stats but I do like the idea of working within a specialized build.

Last edited by eninala on Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:40 pm

get the murakumo
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:40 pm

New tips for my pyro hunter brothers. Great fireball and great chaos fireball. Treat them like grenades. They both have a decent size blast radius, so aiming a step ahead ensures you'll atleast catch them with the blast. I learned this when a farmer rushed me and my gcf hit the tree in front of me. The ganker took 400~ damage and flipped away afterwards. This could even be used like a WoTG by dropping it at your feet. You won't force them back but you will buy a precious second to recapture old territory (a cookie to whoever gets the joke)
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:50 pm

Cloud the trick is to lead the target like you've mentioned, though there is another. You can use them while a bit close, so they'll assume. "Roll through and BS." So you wait until the last second, and spin and throw it at your back as they go for it, blowing them up at close range and often staggering them giving you another hit, as well if your GC is in the next slot you can switch to that and Nuke them, I've dealt over 2k damage in an instant doing this trick.

Actually En people can join FC if the are Sl 110-125, so your toon is perfectly fine to join. As well I'll still be able to summon you in the pit.

By the way Skare I remember you have a high level toon, I'm still working on that FH toon but he'll get to SL 200 or so, so I'd be able to host and practice with you then, probably at Sen's Fortress for high level FC.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:02 pm

That'd be cool. 190 and slowly rising
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:03 pm

My main FH is 125 so btown would work for me there. That char can also host in the burg if we ever want a change of scenery, as I left Taurus alive. That char is primarily a mage build but also has 20 str and 20 dex so I can test a lot of different weapons on folks as desired. Maybe we can set up a PSN chatroom for FH training. Tolvo I think I have your ID already from forest of the damned, but not sure about other folks.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:05 pm

I can also within a few hours make a level sixty or so toon to practice PvP with people. But only if people are interested enough in that.

Befowler the Burg is really crowded, it takes forever to set up fights with other players. Yeah you are on my list, for people who want to do the practice just add Lordmaxdomtolvo, and send me a message about doing it. I actually have tons of base weapons on my 120 toon, and I can get more, so I can fight you guys without the chances of killing you, I also have a good amount of humanity currently so if you run out and need to heal I can drop you some, or if you need some as a cushion or for chaos weapons, I have 99 humanity so I can drop a dark hand and you can drain 10 humanity from me.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:33 pm

I think I've found a trick that makes the burg more manageable. If I hang around near the bonfire, I get invaded constantly, both DW and DMB. But if I move right to the beginning of the level, on that little platform with the two guys, below the crossbow railing area, or better still jump up onto the parapet where the corpse with the humanity is, I almost never get invaded. This is before where the first fog gate originally was in the level, so my pet theory is that somehow invasions aren't permitted unless you go beyond where that fog gate was (it was in the doorway next to that firebomb throwing hollow). But people can still drop signs there, so you can go there and summon friends more easily, then head up to the main arena area.

Also, random aside, here's another fun and recent FH video. Apologies if it has been posted before, but I didn't recall seeing it. Among other highlights, he lands a double parry at around 1:50.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkX9r9TcSlc&feature=relmfu
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:43 pm

At the begining there is a Dragon trying to do the dragon bow glitch...With a Dragonslayer bow...I wonder if he'll ever find out you can't do it with that bow.

Look Skyward

I've never actually seen that video before, some pretty good music.

I usually get invaded there very quickly when I'm in the burg on my toon, so I still don't advise that spot. Btown though, that place is practically empty.

Though, my favourite series on Youtube will be from this Hunter.

https://youtu.be/jXUNHte1rH0
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:46 am

Woah man, great practice fights Befowler, I hope my Murakumo did not disappoint. Very great dead angling and work with the Scythe, I very much liked how you actually used the instant attack kick animation for your estoc, that actually caught me off guard a few times. I hope the Force spell dodging helped out along with a lot of the others things, I hope to see you in that pit again soon. Man, finishing the whole thing too with a close spar where I killed you as you parried me, leaving it to look like I literally pelvic thrusted you to death on my screen haha.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:53 am

Tolvo wrote:Woah man, great practice fights Befowler, I hope my Murakumo did not disappoint. Very great dead angling and work with the Scythe, I very much liked how you actually used the instant attack kick animation for your estoc, that actually caught me off guard a few times. I hope the Force spell dodging helped out along with a lot of the others things, I hope to see you in that pit again soon. Man, finishing the whole thing too with a close spar where I killed you as you parried me, leaving it to look like I literally pelvic thrusted you to death on my screen haha.

Thats.... mental image... scarring.... I'm gonna pretend that last part wasn't there.

I wish I could practice with you guys.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:54 am

What level are your toons? You're on PSN right?
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:19 am

I've 196 FH, and a 30 experiment
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:20 am

Well I've stated I can easily make a low level toon and practice with people in lesser known spots in the game, as well I'm working on a character I plan on bringing to the SL 200 range, so in time I can spar with you on your main toon.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:27 am

Can't wait for a full level spar. Though be careful, I do intend to go all out (I luckly have a base G.Halberd. Just need some other base equipment so we can spar properly)
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:38 am

I can supply you with some weapons, and it's alright. What you guys probably don't realize is in a head on fight I'm pretty sure all of you could kill me pretty easily. This is more so for people to hone skills they need to test out and practice.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:44 am

I dunno man. You do pretty well in the forest. I do admit I'm more in touch with my duelist and pyro, I need crowd control skills for the forest. Dueling has me analyzing and predicting a single target, when a second one enters it actually doubles the chance that I'll make a fatal error.

When I try to fight on instinct I get curbstomped hard. When I use my duel skills, I can handle a single person, maybe two if I can track them. But in the end I'll usually die in a gank.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:47 am

See instinct is kind of what it is like, I can usually judge when to roll if I have my back turned to an opponent as I'm hammering a host, even with lag in the mix. But if a duellist just rolls away and pokes me, I'll just keep chasing and getting poked. I'm just way too aggressive to duel very well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:25 pm