Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Slarg232
chaos4ever181
A Fierce Plankton
7 posters

New interview with director: revised multiplayer, more praising, recurring NPCs, hinted being a sequel?

A Fierce Plankton
    A Fierce Plankton
    Casual
    Casual

New interview with director: revised multiplayer, more praising, recurring NPCs, hinted being a sequel? Empty New interview with director: revised multiplayer, more praising, recurring NPCs, hinted being a sequel?

Post by A Fierce Plankton Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:23 pm

New interview with dks 2 director at E3. Even though it mostly doesn't tell us anything really surprising, one thing called my attention:

Story will be told at the same manner as dks 1, multiplayer system will return with summoning, invanding and covenants, but is still in development and being revised and balanced, rules will be changed. As Solaire and Sun praisin' were really popular, something similar could be present. When asked about returning characters, they said that there will be hints and connections with dks 1 NPCs, maybe even a surprise appearance,as they said they didn't want to talk about it to not spoil it. Hinted it being a sequel? When asked about the reason bonfires exist in dks 2 from a story standpoint, it is answered that "As much as Dark Souls 1 ending(s) didn't say that, bonfires will be a big theme in Dark Souls 2 as well in terms of story, and hopefully the players can figure that out for themselves, but bonfires will be key again." That implies that Dark Souls 2 will be set after the first one's ending, doesn't it?
    chaos4ever181
    chaos4ever181
    Regular
    Regular

New interview with director: revised multiplayer, more praising, recurring NPCs, hinted being a sequel? Empty Re: New interview with director: revised multiplayer, more praising, recurring NPCs, hinted being a sequel?

Post by chaos4ever181 Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:26 pm

Very interesting find. I knew one way or another that this game might be a sequel. I don't want to shout out "I told you so" just yet, I'll wait another 2 months before doing so where more info could be found.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

New interview with director: revised multiplayer, more praising, recurring NPCs, hinted being a sequel? Empty Re: New interview with director: revised multiplayer, more praising, recurring NPCs, hinted being a sequel?

Post by Slarg232 Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:09 pm

NPC's most likely present: Patches, Crestfallen, Lautrec/Yurt dude.

I'm waiting for Lunaire to be confirmed silly
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:24 pm

Why does it even matter if it's before or after the first game? Think about it the location has been pretty much described as the other end of the world from Lordran so events there most likely won't have any effect if it was before or after. As for NPC connections in DkS1, I wouldn't think of anything past just the location that they are from, like Carim or Astora.
    Sargerus
    Sargerus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sargerus Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Rare footage of Tanimura smiling
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:56 pm

^haha. Good observation. He looks like he has spent so much time on the game that when the interviewers are asking him questions, hes not thinking of how to answer, but of how many different ways the interviewer could die in real life
    DS_Dene
    DS_Dene
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DS_Dene Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:21 pm

I'm excited about the new ,,Praise the sun,, guy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:28 pm