Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
Quickdraw525
einherje
Ishiotzin
Murkulanvippi
Leet
Ahhotep1
shadowzninjaz
Kahldris_Ducard
Marino.
Hugh_G_Johnson
Forum Pirate
robsthedon
BloodMoon96
Demon Slayer
ViralEnsign_
Lord of Ash
brosidon84
Aigaios
sure-magicians
billy_bayonet
jc_in_az
Spurgun
dancash1808
Eko
Scryer569
mackofspades
VMatrixX
AshLumi
BeeSeaEss
Dutchy
Latitoast
lucania101710
Jansports
twilightwarwolf
Dibsville
AlphaTrol
40 posters

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Four: THE WISDOM of WARRIORS

Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

THE EXILED of  ARIAMIS!  Epoch Four: THE WISDOM of  WARRIORS - Page 26 Empty Re: THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Four: THE WISDOM of WARRIORS

Post by Leet Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:04 pm

robsthedon wrote:Movie is fear and loathing

My man!

One of the best movies ever.

It's based of a true story.

Dr. Hunter S Thompson.

He invented gonzo journalism. Best author/journalist of his time/ever.

Very smart man.
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

THE EXILED of  ARIAMIS!  Epoch Four: THE WISDOM of  WARRIORS - Page 26 Empty Re: THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Four: THE WISDOM of WARRIORS

Post by robsthedon Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:06 pm

Kahldris_Ducard wrote:This is the best Faith/Dex buff build I could get for my spear build.
    https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=268600608896571894

Best rings for fast rolling melee builds are fap and wolf/dwgr/hornet

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=276931978896286243
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:24 pm

Havels is mostly for mid roll builds with a metric ton of gear they have to hual everywhere. Like this (my latest. I can't pvp but I'm building it anyways)

http://mmdks.com/35p3
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:29 pm

robsthedon wrote:

Best rings for fast rolling melee builds are fap and wolf/dwgr/

any ring is good with fast roll it's all on what u prefer and i dont think u need fap with 50 vit and hornets is a no no only scrub try hards use it or people who just care about winning without showing any form of skill or fun
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:39 pm

building is a skill, and if he has fun using it (wether its "tryhard" or not) thats all that matters.

I encourage people to be "tryhards." I'm a tryhard. Every build i make is optomised to do exactly 1 thing. Win, and as consistently as possible, skill and honor be damned.

chaos giant dads are less "tryhards" and more "crappy players" in most cases. They are not the same thing.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:44 pm

Hornet ring is a legitimate game item. It's improper use or abuse is a different issue all together. So, please lets not call people names because they choose to use a legitimate game item. Now play nice boys!

Thank-you! kiss 
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:52 pm

as an example, the build I just posted will deal 750 damage per hit (in 1 hand) and if I land a follow up bs, its total is now 2350. Instant victory, unless we're talking max vit/fap/mom.

A wog will deal maybe 300, but a bs will deal 1600 while buffed, so again its 1900 damage, more than enough to kill most anybody.

Thats the point of the build. To land 1 hit, and then go into an inescapable combo and win on the spot.

If thats not tryhard, i don't know what is.

Tryhard is not an insult in my mind. Its a validation of my effort, it means I'm doing my job well.

Let the hatemail flow.twisted 
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:44 pm

Hahaha.

Love the hate mail.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:51 pm

That's not really a "tryhard" build.

I mean, you don't have to "try" very "hard" to kill someone with a build like that.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:06 pm

shadowzninjaz wrote:
    robsthedon wrote:

any ring is good with fast roll it's all on what u prefer and i dont think u need fap with 50 vit and hornets is a no no only scrub try hards use it or people who just care about winning without showing any form of skill or fun  

Fap + 50 = harder to kill

"Scrub try hards"?

"who just care about winning"?

Everyone cares about winning. You don't play Dark Souls to lose. 

And your definition of fun, and someone else's definition of fun can be two different things.

Maybe he like's buffing big, high damaging weapons in an attempt to one/two shot people and has an absolute blast doing so.

You once told me "I don't try and don't show my skills, i just like to have fun." But, you just said "without showing any form of skill." Do you like skillful players or not?

THE EXILED of  ARIAMIS!  Epoch Four: THE WISDOM of  WARRIORS - Page 26 C3d09810
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:33 pm

Ahhotep1 wrote:I will be in the Painted World later today if anyone is interested in some fun! My friend will be playing my build off and on...so be kind!! She is totally new to gaming.

I started her out on Fallout3 yesterday (a more gentle beginning hahaha!!). She wants to play a bit more of Fallout3 but promises to "try" Dark Souls. surprised 
    I will "guide" her through the Burg later today. twisted 

Figure about 5ish my time (CST) for the Painted World!!

crying
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:48 pm

TooLeet wrote:
    Ahhotep1 wrote:I will be in the Painted World later today if anyone is interested in some fun! My friend will be playing my build off and on...so be kind!! She is totally new to gaming.

I started her out on Fallout3 yesterday (a more gentle beginning hahaha!!). She wants to play a bit more of Fallout3 but promises to "try" Dark Souls. surprised 
    I will "guide" her through the Burg later today. twisted 

Figure about 5ish my time (CST) for the Painted World!!

crying

Yeah, I know...but at least she is "hooked" on Fallout3. Her first ever video game! big grin 

I had to fight for the controller just to msg in the psn chat LOL

I will but my foot down tomorrow. twisted (read that...hides Fallout3 disk) Hehehe!
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:51 pm

TooLeet wrote:You once told me "I don't try and don't show my skills, i just like to have fun." But, you just said "without showing any form of skill." Do you like skillful players or not?:

I dont legit "try" 2 win i just play with the flow, depending on who im playing i will go a little harder but still just playing for my fun and usual the other person is having fun to. I never said anything about me not showing the skills i have, u can see my skill from how i play or when playing against me so i do show off what i can do.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:07 pm

In that FC a couple weeks ago that troll called you a tryhard. You replied and said "i don't try (meaning i put no skill into it) i just have fun."

Coffee!
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:55 pm

I said i don't try 2 win, I still play just not at my best, meaning i still use the skill i have but im not going full on to win the duel with everything i got, just playing really 2 enjoy a good fun duel.
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:29 am

TooLeet wrote:
    robsthedon wrote:Movie is fear and loathing

My man!

One of the best movies ever.

It's based of a true story.

Dr. Hunter S Thompson.

He invented gonzo journalism. Best author/journalist of his time/ever.

Very smart man.

Yeah great Movie and great writer.
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:44 am

shadowzninjaz wrote:
    robsthedon wrote:

1800 hp is better the 1500. For a MELEE build the ring of favour and protection is too good to pass up. 40vit with fap is 1590hp thats 10sl's you have saved just on vit.

Next choice would normally be wolf or dwgr both are excellent choices for a fast rolling MELEE build. The hornet ring is also worth considering on rapier build providing you can reach a decent amount of poise without the wolf ring.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:02 am

Had a lot of fun in PW yesterday.

If anyone is up for it today, i'll probably be on.

Most likely gonna have to work 10 hours today but we'll see. I might not make it that long.
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:13 am

robsthedon wrote:1800 hp is better the 1500. For a MELEE build the ring of favour and protection is too good to pass up. 40vit with fap is 1590hp thats 10sl's you have saved just on vit.

Just cause it is a melee build doesnt mean more hp is better, it is good to have but it isnt needed at all since 1500 hp is good enough people get 2 dependent when it come to the fap ring, look wolf dwgr on with the build the guy had would be deadly since he is using a spear. Fap ring isnt all ways needed and the extra 300 hp would just mean u can take a extra swing or 2
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:09 am

shadowzninjaz wrote:

Just cause it is a melee build doesnt mean more hp is better,

O.o I'm off to make a 40/40 with base vit
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kahldris_Ducard Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:30 am

I enjoyed the match yesterday Rob, wish more could of been had, but I really don't like the spear, tis a shame since I loved them in Demon Souls. I got a few other up my sleeve including a quality build with faith buffing lol and a crystal hornet build. Should be fun, Trespassers beware!
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:03 am

Kahldris_Ducard wrote:I enjoyed the match yesterday Rob, wish more could of been had, but I really don't like the spear, tis a shame since I loved them in Demon Souls. I got a few other up my sleeve including a quality build with faith buffing lol and a crystal hornet build. Should be fun, Trespassers beware!

Likewise, anytime we're on at same time, the thing is I'm gmt time zone.
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kahldris_Ducard Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:20 am

its cool I work 9-6 M-F EST normally but I have been able to get home earlier since I have been going in early. Im already ready for the weekend.
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:33 am

Indeed, yesterday i had some duels with Brosidon and Tooleet and they were great fight despite the fact after two hits i had to heal but im sure that Tooleet  learned his lesson with my rapier with CMW LOL.

Brosi: man great fight too, you are a really good player, the only thing that you should try to avoid is too soam R1 so  much, you will get parry a lot if you keep playing like that, that is my advice you are lucky sir that i missed every god damn parry LOL.

But at the end of the day i had fun, and that's the more important thing.
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:39 am

Damn i miss out on lots it seems like are u guys planing on doing a fc today i can join for sure today if u guys are planning to do one

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:16 pm