Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
Quickdraw525
einherje
Ishiotzin
Murkulanvippi
Leet
Ahhotep1
shadowzninjaz
Kahldris_Ducard
Marino.
Hugh_G_Johnson
Forum Pirate
robsthedon
BloodMoon96
Demon Slayer
ViralEnsign_
Lord of Ash
brosidon84
Aigaios
sure-magicians
billy_bayonet
jc_in_az
Spurgun
dancash1808
Eko
Scryer569
mackofspades
VMatrixX
AshLumi
BeeSeaEss
Dutchy
Latitoast
lucania101710
Jansports
twilightwarwolf
Dibsville
AlphaTrol
40 posters

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Four: THE WISDOM of WARRIORS

mackofspades
    mackofspades
    Casual
    Casual

THE EXILED of  ARIAMIS!  Epoch Four: THE WISDOM of  WARRIORS - Page 6 Empty Re: THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Four: THE WISDOM of WARRIORS

Post by mackofspades Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:53 pm

Oh wow guys, I'm not even gonna TRY and catch up on what i missed in the forums lol
    Can someone please sum things up for me? Whats goin ooon guys? Any upcoming events i need to prep for?
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

THE EXILED of  ARIAMIS!  Epoch Four: THE WISDOM of  WARRIORS - Page 6 Empty Re: THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Four: THE WISDOM of WARRIORS

Post by shadowzninjaz Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:10 am

Eko wrote:My duels with Shadow were awesome. He gave me a solid whooping a few times though lol
    It was all quite helpful

Im glad u enjoy them duels, i enjoy the time as well, mostly i dont like dueling people for the 1st time cause i dont know what 2 do 2 make the right impression but it look like things work out good, Hope u r ready for 2morrow big grin
    Eko
    Eko
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eko Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:23 am

I am ready, I hope you're ready. I don't know when I will be on though, my girlfriend is hounding me about spending time with her and watching TrueBlood so I don't know for sure when. I replaced the spear I was using with a Demon Spear. I like the look of it, but I also think it does more damage. I like the pyromancy flame in the right hand and spear in the left better than the way I first had it.

Our first match you outright embarrassed me lol
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:12 am

Congrats Shadow Nice to see you finally got it XD
    Scryer569
    Scryer569
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Scryer569 Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:27 am

mackofspades wrote:Oh wow guys, I'm not even gonna TRY and catch up on what i missed in the forums lol
    Can someone please sum things up for me? Whats goin ooon guys? Any upcoming events i need to prep for?

Don't worry, I missed out on a lot too in the big one week I was away. :L

As far as I can tell, the only event coming up is the next Guerilla Warfare on the 17th of July. I'm sure someone else will fill you in on any other events that may or may not be happening. I'm quite out of the loop in that sense. :c
    Eko
    Eko
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eko Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:36 am

I wrote a character bio and posted it in the character bio compendium. Feel free to read it and let me know what you all think about it.
    Murkulanvippi
    Murkulanvippi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Murkulanvippi Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:20 am

Great news!! Congrats Shadows!! Well earned!
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:23 am

Well done Shad
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:27 am

Eko wrote:I wrote a character bio and posted it in the character bio compendium. Feel free to read it and let me know what you all think about it.

Nicely written
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:27 am

Eko wrote:I am ready, I hope you're ready. I don't know when I will be on though, my girlfriend is hounding me about spending time with her and watching TrueBlood so I don't know for sure when. I replaced the spear I was using with a Demon Spear. I like the look of it, but I also think it does more damage. I like the pyromancy flame in the right hand and spear in the left better than the way I first had it.

Our first match you outright embarrassed me lol

20 years old and from Ohio. I'm 21 and from Ohio. We'll have to duel to sometime.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:50 am

Morning All!! happy

First order of business:

The newest Exiled Character Bios have been added to the OP (Link below).

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t22418-the-exiled-of-ariamis-epoch-four-the-wisdom-of-warriors#464431

@Eko: I loved your Bio. It is a wonderfully down to earth story from which many great feats and adventures are sure to arise!

As for Cove activities. I am trying to finalize this:

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t19608p840-the-exiled-of-ariamis-epoch-three-united-we-stand#454621

And, of course...there is this:

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t18045-guerrilla-warfare-2v2-event-search-and-destroy#350872
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:26 am

Awesome

Nice!
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:37 am

mackofspades wrote:Oh wow guys, I'm not even gonna TRY and catch up on what i missed in the forums lol

Besides the above post by me...check out the OP some changes and edits have been made. Primarily in the roster section regarding Cove Officers and Promotions.

Someone asked about how one is promoted. Though most coves focus on fighting skill prowess/kills/recruiting only, I do not. Nor do I require people to "prove" how good they are...We have excellent trainers here  who love to teach. There are no limits to how good you can become!! And I believe in one's "potential" more then anything else.

1) Fighting skill advancement IS however counted toward promotion but only to a point. There are other "aspects" that I consider just as important.
    2) Forum, covenant thread, psn chat participation and the quality of that participation is highly regarded.
    3) Learning leadership skills is also very highly regarded. And I am very willing to foster those skills to as high a level as each member wishes. To become a leader one must demonstrate leadership qualities first and those I and my leadership team are willing to teach.
    4) Event participation is also very highly regarded. Not only this coves events but the participation in other coves events when they are open to the forum is definitely encouraged.
    5)And Last but not least is dedication and loyalty to this covenant, it's leadership and your fellow Exiled!

These are the things that will advance you. Not only in this covenant but in the forum as a whole.
    happy
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:55 am

Dang it i will have to participate more big grin
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:15 pm

Attention all Council Members I am calling a leadership meeting in our Chatango Leader Chat. I have a decision to make and I want your input, feedback, and recommendations. I will inform you of the topic of this discussion when we are all in chat.

I'll pm the tango link. happy

So post here on the time that is good for ya...hopefully we can all come together at one time.

It's all good...it's just a pending direction we might take. big grin 

Last edited by Ahhotep1 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:26 pm

I cannot skype so can you pm me and i can read it over?
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:55 pm

twilightwarwolf wrote:I cannot skype so can you pm me and i can read it over?

Tw, forgot to mention chatango...i'm gonna edit that message to chatango instead. Ok, my friend!!

PM'ing the link now!! happy
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:24 pm

TooLeet wrote:Will playing unlocked all together cause dead angles?
    No. Each weapon has different dead angle angles, but the theory is to face away during the attack.

The game only registers valid blocks as when the players are facing eachother, so if you're facing away during a hit the game treats it the same as when the opponent is facing away.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:28 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:
    TooLeet wrote:Will playing unlocked all together cause dead angles?
    No. Each weapon has different dead angle angles, but the theory is to face away during the attack.

The game only registers valid blocks as when the players are facing eachother, so if you're facing away during a hit the game treats it the same as when the opponent is facing away.

So all a dead angle is, is an angle (ex: 90 degree angle) at which regardless of if someone is blocking or not will still do the damage because the game thinks they're facing away. I'm trying to understand this so i can learn to use big weapons better. I'm so used to katana's i feel like a sloth using a greatsword or zwei. I've been successful with big weapons in the past but for some reason i can't get with the program atm.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:31 pm

There, I can't explain better than this.

Its generally done start swing, unlock, swivel (to account for movement)
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:33 pm

Makes sense. I guess i just gotta take the deaths and learn how to use it like everything else in the game. I used to be able to do it pretty good because my favorite weapon was the BKGA. But surely enough i grew out of that. Thanks for the help.
    Eko
    Eko
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eko Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:05 pm

Dead angling is really easy with weapons that have horizontal attacks. For instance, the Obsidian Greatsword running attack has amazing dead angle potential. The Great Scythe has become notorious for dead angling and even more so since ENB's Best Dex Weapon video. 

I used greatswords for a while and learned that you have to use dead angle attacks sparingly. Most of the greatswords have slow swing speeds it's easy to tell when someone is specifically trying to use a dead angle attack. If you're going to practice those specifically I recommend the Man-Serpent Greatsword and the Bastard Sword.
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:08 pm

4 them players i was going play with today i couldnt get on since i was busy doing other stuff around my house. Now im at my friends playing risk XD
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:11 pm

Listen to this if you're invading in PW.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:25 pm

Dibsville wrote:Listen to this if you're invading in PW.

laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:12 pm