Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Greatsword of Artorias scaling confusion, help please

EarthScraper
    EarthScraper
    Addicted
    Addicted

Greatsword of Artorias scaling confusion, help please Empty Greatsword of Artorias scaling confusion, help please

Post by EarthScraper Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:26 am

I really don't understand the scaling on the GoA (divine version), on my stats, it has a combined attack of 420, while the Abyss Greatsword has a attack of 424 with 10 humanity, so in theory, their should be hardly any difference in damage, so why when i attack a standard hollow, it does 290ish damage, while the abyss great sword does 390ish? could someone elaborate on this matter please?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Greatsword of Artorias scaling confusion, help please Empty Re: Greatsword of Artorias scaling confusion, help please

Post by Serious_Much Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:36 am

The true GSoA uses split damage, abyss sword uses only physical attack thats why

go onto the weapon and press square/x and it should tell you how much power it has for each damage stat. Abyss will be pure physical while the greatsword of artorias will be split between physical and magic damage

Split damage will always do less than the same in one stat as it goes through 2 defences, not just one

However GSoA has a divine component though, so it can permakill the catacombs skellies winking useful stuff
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Greatsword of Artorias scaling confusion, help please Empty Re: Greatsword of Artorias scaling confusion, help please

Post by ICEFANG Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:51 am

They are both terrible weapons, Abyss Sword is slightly acceptable.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:07 pm