Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Animaaal
twigsterxd
Soris Ice Goldwing
KrazykevS10
Lucien Lachance
xRamenatorx
Sneezer
Serious_Much
Marino.
AnCapaillMor
Dutchy
Werdax
StiffNipples
Saturday-Saint
SirArchmage
Jansports
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
hey its andres
22 posters

What is your stance on modding?

Poll

Your thoughts on modding

[ 3 ]
    What is your stance on modding? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap9%What is your stance on modding? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [9%] 
    [ 14 ]
    What is your stance on modding? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap41%What is your stance on modding? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [41%] 
    [ 5 ]
    What is your stance on modding? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap15%What is your stance on modding? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [15%] 
    [ 12 ]
    What is your stance on modding? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap35%What is your stance on modding? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [35%] 

Total Votes: 34
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

What is your stance on modding? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your stance on modding?

Post by hey its andres Mon May 27, 2013 3:54 pm

I'm referring to modding as save editing. Glitches are glitches and mods or editing. It's a broad term, which is why there are a lot of grey areas.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

What is your stance on modding? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your stance on modding?

Post by twigsterxd Mon May 27, 2013 4:03 pm

hey its andres wrote:I'm referring to modding as save editing. Glitches are glitches and mods or editing. It's a broad term, which is why there are a lot of grey areas.
    So you would consider MM as a mod since it really is a saved file you download? I think in a way it is and in a way it isn't. But then again, I don't know how to mod
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Mon May 27, 2013 4:08 pm

hey its andres wrote:
    Sneezer wrote:Unless there was a way I could summon red phantom Taurus Demons whenever I wanted to attack my enemies, I dislike modding. I would use it for build making though.

My friend wants the same thing except with a Capra Demon lol! He also wants to be the Capra Demon.
    Pretty sure you can do both of these things. At least, I have seen screen shots of people spawning phantoms of bosses, and I know that it's possible to turn yourself into Andre. So presumably you can summon Taurus Demons and turn into Capra Demon.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon May 27, 2013 6:38 pm

Goodmod:

Badmod:

***edit***

I couldn't vote. I can't decide if modding, save editing, and bb glitch/mega-mule is bad for co-op. I thought for sure it was, but after being away from the game for nearly 6 months...I had bunches of co-op last night upon my return to the game.

Soooo...maybe??? Shrug
    IIdoneus
    IIdoneus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : Here but there. In all places, yet only a few locations.

Post by IIdoneus Mon May 27, 2013 8:53 pm

I voted Anything Goes because I was surprised that someone in this incredibly uncultured day and age was able to make a Cole Porter reference. What is your stance on modding? - Page 2 2575543211
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Mon May 27, 2013 9:18 pm

^ + because you were the first to notice it.

And Animaal, if someone managed to make a mod like that for Dark Souls I'd say screw everything and let's just mod. I know what you're trying to say, but that picture just looks so much fun.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon May 27, 2013 9:22 pm

Doesn't it though? big grin
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon May 27, 2013 11:40 pm

At this stage in the game's life, I'm fine with it, as long as it doesn't affect other people's online game play.
    General Bale
    General Bale

Post by General Bale Tue May 28, 2013 1:38 am

As long as they only use it to make a fair build okay.
    But I just hate it when people use it to ruin other players fun.
    Oh you have full havels, ninja flip and never ending hp, stamina and sunblade and you managed to kill someone how amazing What is your stance on modding? - Page 2 764208249
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Tue May 28, 2013 3:26 am

Using a mod to make a build that works in PVP but still can be beaten is fine by me.

I just don't want to deal with +20 havel armor, ninja flipping, dragon head spamming, buffed dragonslayer spear using, can't be backstabbed, infinite dung pie throwing modder. Seriously that would just be annoying for everyone, even for people not even in my world or the modder's.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue May 28, 2013 11:36 pm

You ever notice how most of them are horrible at the game itself? It's obviously no surprise, but whenever I start kicking them off a cliff or hitting them with a bleed weapon they freak out, and this normally results in me being called a hacker. :mask-averice:
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Wed May 29, 2013 12:02 am

hey its andres wrote:You ever notice how most of them are horrible at the game itself? It's obviously no surprise, but whenever I start kicking them off a cliff or hitting them with a bleed weapon they freak out, and this normally results in me being called a hacker. What is your stance on modding? - Page 2 4125110524
    You hacker I felt you sneeze me offa that cliff LOL
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Wed May 29, 2013 12:55 am

I'll put my opinion of hackers into a story.
    I spend hours and hours making a low level assassin build,after all of my hard work,I decide to invade.I'm at SL30 in Sen's as I like it there.My first invasion is a dragonform guy who immediately buffs his sword with DMB.He takes most of my health in one swing which cancels my backstab.I run off and he follows,only to have me double back and backstab him for 750 damage,only taking a small fraction of his health.I run off through the blades,trying to black crystal.As I use the crystal and start to leave,he walks into the blades and falls to his death.I got about between 700-900 souls.

If you don't get my point from the story,they are complete idiots who lack even a basic grasp of the game and rely overpowering others with their hacked characters to get any wins at all.Having 99 of every stat and still failing to kill a level 30 is glaring proof.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu May 30, 2013 4:34 pm

Yeah, that story essentially wraps it up. None of the good players hack because they'll get bored of it quickly, I know I would. I just want to know why all these people find out about Dark Souls and hack it before they get to the second boss. They. Don't. Understand. Look Skyward

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:59 am