Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
bloodpixel
BindMind
Quarik
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Azran
9 posters

PC Modding? Please make it happen, From.

Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

PC Modding? Please make it happen, From. Empty PC Modding? Please make it happen, From.

Post by Azran Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:33 pm

I hope, though it may be in vain, that people will somehow discover how to mod the game once it hits PC.

It would be awesome to add new weapons, armors, spells, blessings, create your own starter class kits, or alter enemy/item placement.

Don't you think?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

PC Modding? Please make it happen, From. Empty Re: PC Modding? Please make it happen, From.

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:11 pm

I would never put anything past the modding community.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

PC Modding? Please make it happen, From. Empty Re: PC Modding? Please make it happen, From.

Post by Quarik Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:14 pm

A mod to make the Black Knights wander around like they were supposed to... I'd buy the PC version just for that.
    BindMind
    BindMind
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BindMind Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:23 pm

bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:05 pm

As long as people don't hack online...
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:21 pm

It wouldn't be too hard to mod things like that. But once you've done it you wouldn't be able to go online anymore as it would be incompatible.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:40 pm

They're trying their hardest to make it unmoddable. And if it would be mod-able, the online community would be FULL of people with the God Mod Mode, or 3000 ar fist attack mod. Or something like that.

With any modding, it'd make PvP extremely questionable.
    BindMind
    BindMind
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BindMind Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:42 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:They're trying their hardest to make it unmoddable. And if it would be mod-able, the online community would be FULL of people with the God Mod Mode, or 3000 ar fist attack mod. Or something like that.

Taking fisting to a whole new level.
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:45 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:They're trying their hardest to make it unmoddable. And if it would be mod-able, the online community would be FULL of people with the God Mod Mode, or 3000 ar fist attack mod. Or something like that.

Dragon bow fisting is already stronger silly

But no it wouldn't. As the games would be incompatible once modded and wouldn't even be able to join each other.

JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:45 pm

BindMind wrote:

Taking fisting to a whole new level.
    Bow chika bowow

Anyway, it'd make the left hand jab the most annoying thing in the entire world.

If modding became real, I'd only play PvP with people I knew. Probably keep a friends list of fair players.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:46 pm

LordRevan wrote:

But no it wouldn't. As the games would be incompatible once modded and wouldn't even be able to join each other.

Naw it wouldn't. Just mod your character only. Download a mod engine that edits your character save, and done. Easier than the Xbox hack. Like, a 100 times easier.
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:48 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    LordRevan wrote:

Naw it wouldn't. Just mod your character only. Download a mod engine that edits your character save, and done. Easier than the Xbox hack. Like, a 100 times easier.

I was meaning for armour and spells etc as the OP states.
    Character saves... yeah thats a whole other thing. Easy as to mod, not sure how they'd be able to stop that... :|
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:54 pm

LordRevan wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:
    LordRevan wrote:

I was meaning for armour and spells etc as the OP states.
    Character saves... yeah thats a whole other thing. Easy as to mod, not sure how they'd be able to stop that... :|
    Sure they could. Just make it extrmely hard to access the saves. they just need to make an engine that protects it and reads it. A unique one. Or maybe a really nice one that people can't get their hands on. Either way, if they make it themselves or get a really nice one, it'll at least take a while for someone else to emulate it in order to read the save files. And, then, From could even have another codex protecting the file, and then they'd have to figure THAT one out lol!

It just depends on how much work From puts into their functions in their programming. The more functions they use, the harder it would be for a hacker to find each and every one. I think Borderlands save files were really hard to recreate. But, that's probably mostly because the guns were all randomized.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:14 pm

Yeah. Hacks will exist in any form of online game. Modding isn't directly related to it. Look at how many years of life has modding given to games like Counterstrike and Starcraft. Were there any hacks? Yeah, lots of it. But they are still strong community and gameplay-wise.

I'd just like to modify starting loadouts. Like having the chance of making your own base "class", or creating SL1 alternatives other than the Pyro.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:17 pm

Azran wrote:Yeah. Hacks will exist in any form of online game. Modding isn't directly related to it. Look at how many years of life has modding given to games like Counterstrike and Starcraft. Were there any hacks? Yeah, lots of it. But they are still strong community and gameplay-wise.

I'd just like to modify starting loadouts. Like having the chance of making your own base "class", or creating SL1 alternatives other than the Pyro.
    That's because those video games had a big enough community to have servers to support certain rules and save files and all that jazz.

I don't think dark souls will be server-run, nor do I think there will be clans willing to pay money to create their own servers.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:50 am

Starcraft isn't server run. It's just monitored a lot by Blizzard.

And yes, they've got a big community. From doesn't need our hand to break their game even more; just look at the glitches out there. silly
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:53 am

We need people like the TF2 players who keep it as original as possible! There are some great servers out there, one that is actually 45 minutes from my house! I play on that one exclusively. Or, played, rather. I haven't in a while. I wish DkS would have that many clans/servers. With great servers all around in every medium city big grin
    Opedak
    Opedak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Opedak Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:02 am

IF were all so worried about modding breaking the online we could just make ourselves a private server to join with a bunch of friend couldn't we?
    I mean, I know that the actual game most likely won't have servers, but that doesn't mean we can't make our own if someone had the know how right?
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:06 am

Opedak wrote:IF were all so worried about modding breaking the online we could just make ourselves a private server to join with a bunch of friend couldn't we?
    I mean, I know that the actual game most likely won't have servers, but that doesn't mean we can't make our own if someone had the know how right?
    This is probably what I was going to do. Either find a great FC-type server, or have a list of friends who just refuse to get any kind of helpful mods.

Though, skins for new armors would be freaking BOSS! big grin
    BindMind
    BindMind
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BindMind Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:50 am

Guys, you're missing the point.

The whole idea is interacting with other players, and yet never TRULY interacting with them.

The flow of time in Lordran is distorted, but SPACE isn't distorted. If people had mods, it would destroy the invasion aspect to the game, and also totally eliminate jolly cooperation sad

Dark Souls is not a game designed for modding. Period. If you want that, go play Skyrim.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:04 am

Flavor should never get in the way of gameplay.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:08 am

Skins would be great, and much less problematic than gameplay mods. It'd be even cooler if you weren't the only one who could see your skin.
    BindMind
    BindMind
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BindMind Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:11 am

Quarik wrote:Skins would be great, and much less problematic than gameplay mods. It'd be even cooler if you weren't the only one who could see your skin.

I can guarantee you there will be model swaps and reskin mods for Dark Souls. Those are harmless though.

It'd be neat if other people could see your skins, but really, adding customization elements like that detract from what matters; the gameplay.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:59 pm

Real modding wouldn't be abusable in game. By that I mean adding extra content, because then you would become incompatible.

I'm sure they would fix save game modding as well. Would be strange not to.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:22 pm