Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
xenon_nobelium
Walter_White
6 posters

F**ck efficiency - That's my style, baby (RUN! The Vikings are coming)

Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

F**ck efficiency - That's my style, baby (RUN! The Vikings are coming) Empty F**ck efficiency - That's my style, baby (RUN! The Vikings are coming)

Post by Walter_White Tue May 21, 2013 10:21 am

After 5h of straight vading in AL i got bored of my toon. I also started to hate defending my "cheap" armor choice. This is what i used for month:
    https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=305135511520861510

Switched the MoM against the MoC in the last weeks. Nevertheless i loved the style of that build, even though it's the "cheap" staking poise/mask combo.

....but as i said, i got bored and wanted something unique for the event on saturday. First thing: get a cool helm, and what is cooler, than horns on your helm?
    Cool Helm - check
    Badass Gauntlets - Havels are looking great, chains around your wrists - check
    Evil looking chestpiece, with enough poise, Black Knight fits in - check
    Any pants...need some more poise and defence, ok giants looks ok.

So here it is:
    https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=291421168677266044

Hell yeah, that dude looks evil....i would run if i meet him at night.

Tested that build yesterday for some hours and i am loving my new style. The little sacrifice in poise, defence and stamina regen i am compensating with skill.

Can't make a screenshot here (at work), but esp. as a Invader that toon looks terrifying. For the event on sat. i'll switch the weps to normal +15, and perhaps change back to the gargoyle halberd/OGS combo from time to time...but a wiking with a big club in both hands looks better....hell i can imagine that lonely quester in AL: "...and then came this badass viking and made a burning pancake of me with two hits...."

What do you think of my new style?

cu Walter

p.s.: yes i started it, but please no cheap armor/wep/tactic discussion! discuss style and vikings...etc.

Last edited by Walter_White on Tue May 21, 2013 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

F**ck efficiency - That's my style, baby (RUN! The Vikings are coming) Empty Re: F**ck efficiency - That's my style, baby (RUN! The Vikings are coming)

Post by xenon_nobelium Tue May 21, 2013 10:43 am

Ceremonial use of horned helmets during the Germanic Iron Age persisted until the 7th century and can thus be argued to possibly have overlapped with the early Viging Age. However, there is no evidence that horned helmets were ever worn in battle at any point during the Viking Age. - Wikipedia
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

F**ck efficiency - That's my style, baby (RUN! The Vikings are coming) Empty Re: F**ck efficiency - That's my style, baby (RUN! The Vikings are coming)

Post by Walter_White Tue May 21, 2013 11:45 am

i kill them in a ceremony - it's an RPG, don't bother about historical facts....and no, the horns don't disturb a 2h overhead with the great club tongue
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Tue May 21, 2013 1:54 pm

xenon_nobelium wrote:Ceremonial use of horned helmets during the Germanic Iron Age persisted until the 7th century and can thus be argued to possibly have overlapped with the early Viging Age. However, there is no evidence that horned helmets were ever worn in battle at any point during the Viking Age. - Wikipedia

divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Tue May 21, 2013 1:59 pm

Hahahahahaha
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Tue May 21, 2013 2:12 pm

I just drew this up so it seems right to contribute.I'm thinking of using this for some lower level PVP and regular PVP outside of the main hotspots.
    http://mmdks.com/2eww
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue May 21, 2013 4:02 pm

i remember somewhere i read that vikings dualwielded long spears, mostly for throwing but still... maybe switch out the bk shield and claymore for a chaos pike in the offhand to give you a mid range attack?
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Wed May 22, 2013 3:07 pm

Hey,

thanks for input!

@ Kraz: Yo - thats a cool viking. chain armor looks also very cool.

@ sparky: mhh got 2 probs with that:
    1. Then i have only weapons i must 2hand (club and spear), so i can drop
    the crest shield also...and fighting without a shield is new for me
    2. i wanted to get away from the sometimes as "cheap" regarded toys and i
    think the pike is a tier 1 weapon of "cheapness" (just kidding guys, no
    need for flamewars and locked thread!)

And we already dropped the historical correctness - all you need is a helm with horns to be a viking F**ck efficiency - That's my style, baby (RUN! The Vikings are coming) 180937120

With some more time and passion i would make a Viking Covenant....if anybody wants to do that, i would be proud, to be the first member!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:40 am