Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
AnCapaillMor
Aigaios
lorenzo110
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Rynn
9 posters

Being a jerk with Style.

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Being a jerk with Style. Empty Being a jerk with Style.

Post by Rynn Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:26 pm

Allow me to introduce myself, at least formally to the PvP community...

My name is Kujii, my Gamertag is the same with an additional i, I lost my original tag after someone raged and sent a report to microsoft that got me ban't forever (for reasons still unknown to me). I am a hardened gamer, I spent most of my early life plugging around on a game, and my interactions on games and gaming communities has shaped me into the person I am today, and despite how sad that sounds... I am damn proud of it.

My first ever character was a Wizard, I played it until level 153, and boy was I a mixed bag of 'skill and stupidity'.... I had at least 20 points in everything, including resistance... I used the ring of fog, but I also knew how to dodge, and how to hit people with spells too. Eventually I quit the character because having the ring of fog made you, essentially, unhittable with both spells and most player attacks... the skill involved was lost, I could even kill 3 farmers at once.

My second character only got to level 45... I had more of an idea what I was doing, but I still sucked! I wasn't aware that I was griefing by attacking lower levels... I was just happy that I was far stronger then my mage, being a tank build! I even beat the 4 kings on my own.

Lets talk PvP... my level 45 character made me become really interested in PvP, and so my next character reached level 120, and went to the Kiln for some non-stop PvP! Sadly by the time I started doing this, we started getting exploits, such as Rampant lagstabbing, 2 vs 1 fights... Jerks became common place. This did turn me off from PvP... After a month or two of making new chars trying to find a PvP style... I changed tactics! First, I made a level 75, then I made a level 45... and then I started making level 25 and 35 characters for PvP... sound like anyone you hate? Thought so.

The first objective when making a low level PvP character is to be capable of killing the ten kings... I think this is highly responsible for most of our low level PvPers being Pyromancers or Heavy Tanks!... most of my low level ones were insane tanks too. I started working on Glass cannons though... and personally I liked the style more for two reasons... First, it made the Twenty Kings not a button mashing miasma... Second, it gives Newbies a fighting chance when I invade their world. You can't kill the guy dressed as smough, but you can kill the guy in Thiefs Garb! This permitted me to hone my skills, while killing newbies. Often I'd get truly deserved hatemail from it... but more often then not, I wouldn't... because I didn't just heartlessly invade people! A good 90% of the time, after killing you I'd send you a private chat invite, or a message asking if you want help. The result of this, is that 10% of the people I killed would then get help killing the Capra Demon, the Undead Dragon, That spider, and even on occasion The Iron Golem and Smough. my offer always was that I'd assist you at any point inbetween levels 25-45 (the level range I can see)... most people would take me up on it, and often I'd ditch a PvP char and play it all the way to level 120 or more with the same person, because I enjoyed their company.

Darkwaiths are Friendship Yo!.
    Tanks are something I've always envied, but never tried to build. At heart I am a glass cannon, I like doing insane DPS with high risk/reward... Tanks were never looked into because they were low risk/low reward, really cheap game play. I built one two days ago though, and this one I left at level 25. My weapon of choice was the Shotel, purely because instead of trying to have too large of a weapon to fight again, my goal was to have an unshakable pursuit. Spear, Greatsword, or whatever, I wanted to be capable of attack you and knowing you were not going to escape damage... It worked! Honestly... it worked too well! My level 25 character never joined the Darkwraith... it remained a member of the forest covenant... and it murdered everyone, even double teaming bastards fell to my blade on a consistent basis.

"Now wait just a god damn second", is what I said to myself, "For several months now, I've been killing invaders at levels 120,170, and in one case level 347... I'm insanely talented at this game.. why am I picking on newbies? I mean... yeah... I help them later, and most of them thank me and take it in good sport. I do more aid then harm on an average basis... but... if I put another 85 levels in this character, I could fight people I already consistently kill... and I could kill them a lot more often, on an even playing field."

That is how equestria was made. Earlier today I buffed the characters level to 120... it's a 'flipping mask tank' as people love to call it here, but this isn't out of neccesity, and more out of how I just happened to have so many points that I had no use for! I'm so used to being level 25, that when I leveled up, I saw no use in anything but buffing survivability, it's only logical from my perspective. I also do mix it up a little, I use a Shotel (read; Dex weapon) on my tank, and I have a Zweihander that is expressly used only during encounters with 'farmers' that I lovingly call 'Raid Parties' and 'Failures'. I win most of those fights due to my insanely high poise, and using the Zweihander to inform them I mean business... honestly skill is out the window once you pivot BS me twice, or gang up on me with Phantoms... or do any of that other stuff people love to do that is considered skill-lacking. Otherwise I stick with weapons I know and love, like painted guardian swords and the previously mentioned Shotel.

People message me all the time and ask me to kill X or Y boss. Everyone on my friendslist is aware I hsve a character for litterally every level range inbetween 5 and 75 now, so I can help with pretty much anything.

I think that to make up for all the time I spent picking on newbies, I'll level this char to 705 and wipe out Farmers via the Blue Eye Orb and the Forest Covenant roles... I have several farmers already begging me for mercy, and 1 team of farmers bribed me with a titanite Slab to black crystal out of their games whenever I see them.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Being a jerk with Style. Empty Re: Being a jerk with Style.

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:27 pm

lol bribe! and lol pony ref even though i'm not a bronie, i have friends who are.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:38 am

I'd like to bump this. It's one of my oldest threads and it's a good reminder of ones origins.
    lorenzo110
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by lorenzo110 Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:56 am

Sounds like he doesn't get challenged much on his platform. Apparently he doesn't run into as much highly skilled Japanese fighters in the forest as PS3 players do. If he is looking to broaden his DKS horizons try PSN. I don't think anyone would bribe him to leave. Since day one of the games release I have never seen a player bribe an invader to leave their world unless they were very good friends. And even then its rarely done. Its always been fight whether friend or foe. If you invade you die. Hell the best fights are between friends lol. Just my opin.
    Aigaios
    Aigaios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aigaios Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:35 am

lorenzo110 wrote:Sounds like he doesn't get challenged much on his platform. Apparently he doesn't run into as much highly skilled Japanese fighters in the forest as PS3 players do.

It is almost impossible in my opinion to find a high skilled ganger, and as for solo hosts in th forest go they can be skilled no matter were they come from. Even if you are saying it in a positive way it is still kind of racist, people are not good at a game or anything else because of where they come from, adding to that i see a large amount of players from every part of the world that are highly skilled.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:40 am

Please also note that the original post is almost a year and a half old, lots of patches between then and now, playerbase possibly better and Rynn is a more stylish jerk now.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:18 pm

Welcome to the community, OP.Wave 
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:46 pm

Player base is better now than it used to be, although the kind of player who opts to gank frequently is the kind of player who tends to hit a certain ceiling and stay there.  Nothing wrong with that; it's one the only ways a casual player can have any chance at all against someone who knows how to min/max and understands the weapon/poise/spell matchups.

Only really strong hosts I see in the forest host solo, and some of them can be surprisingly good at dueling.  Exceptions are rare, mostly because of the personality/what one hopes to gain from PvP dictate their choices of whether to host, gank, or invade.  Any of those are valid choices (I like invading).  Only invalid choice where I question the other person holding the controller are hackers/cheaters...don't have much respect for those.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:56 pm

wow, i was the only one to respond to this thread during its initial life-span... anyway, good to see you're still here rynn. Still collecting bribes? Anyway hope you stick around for dks2, as having watched a few of  your streams i'd really enjoy watching how you handle the next game!
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:09 pm

I still stream sometimes ^^
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:13 pm

wow! what a necro! nice find
    lorenzo110
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by lorenzo110 Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:02 am

I guess I am bias on this because I fight at a time where I mostly play against Japanese players. About 90 percent invasions are Japanese players. And honestly I fought all the youtubers and quiet a few people here on this forum and others and yes some are skilled but they are nothing compared to what I have seen with these Japanese players. Period. I'm saying this from my own experience in the game. Both platinum on DS and DKS investing thousands of hours in PVP time. They were doing things well before anyone posted their tactics on youtube. Even now with the what I like to call toggle attack, where they break out of a wrath stun lock and toggle and punish BS. All in one move as if they never got stunned at all. They walk right through it like they never got hit and BS. Again, I'm not disputing that there are skilled players in other parts of the world but not as many as I have seen and encountered from Japan. Bar none these guys are the best. Many of the tactics, techniques, builds, and styles are all attributed and created by them. Prior to anyone else. No one will convince me otherwise. Just my opin.
    lorenzo110
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by lorenzo110 Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:04 am

Sorry I meant I fought against all the PS3 youtubers. At least the ones who entered the forest at one time or another.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:29 pm

I saw the video from back in Kiln Times of something I still don't understand. A Japanese player did a "block cancel" with the dark hand, where he blocked wrath without suffering any knockback of any type, and proceeded to smash the guys back in with his demons great hammer.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:39 pm

Rynn wrote:I saw the video from back in Kiln Times of something I still don't understand. A Japanese player did a "block cancel" with the dark hand, where he blocked wrath without suffering any knockback of any type, and proceeded to smash the guys back in with his demons great hammer.

I cant explain that at all. Even putting SMS on a darkhand doesn't stop the knockback, it had to be a perfectly timed "insta-block".

I've little experience with instablocks, if I'm in the position to time that, I usually just parry.

Intriguing... intriguing indeed.

Anywho, ah the memories. Anyone remember getting 99 poison knives spit at them while trying to avoid the TWoD from the dragonheads?!?!? Good times man, good times.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:44 pm

Animaaal wrote:
    Rynn wrote:I saw the video from back in Kiln Times of something I still don't understand. A Japanese player did a "block cancel" with the dark hand, where he blocked wrath without suffering any knockback of any type, and proceeded to smash the guys back in with his demons great hammer.

I cant explain that at all.  Even putting SMS on a darkhand doesn't stop the knockback, it had to be a perfectly timed "insta-block".

I've little experience with instablocks, if I'm in the position to time that, I usually just parry.

Intriguing... intriguing indeed.

Anywho, ah the memories.  Anyone remember getting 99 poison knives spit at them while trying to avoid the TWoD from the dragonheads?!?!?  Good times man, good times.

I don't honestly. I always managed to avoid this kind of stuff somehow. What I remember is my 100 hours of fog ring use.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:11 pm

^OMG lol! It was actually pretty awesome. It made you look like purple golem or something. They would literally spit the knives at you at the speed of the avelyn, and not 3 shots, but 99! raised brow 

Even to this day, beating those guys/gals was more fun than beating a gank squad.

Thanks again for the memories.Bow 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:43 pm