Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
eminusx
Odinbear
Dusk Soul
Wolfsbane
FoxeoGames
Hart
Tolvo
EarthScraper
SadPanda
Mr. Tart
SlothAlmighty
HereticForLife
Elifia
Exalted Oreo
phastings
emraluces
Seignar
R3dlace
ublug
GenericUsername
Epicfailville
A Fierce Plankton
Encore
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Serious_Much
arshan272
Dj-B-Man-Jr
Slarg232
Soris Ice Goldwing
Forum Pirate
Dibsville
CaptainSunbro
Rayko
Domhnall of Zena
Animaaal
LunarFog
40 posters

New mechanics/traits you hope are in the next souls game?

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

New mechanics/traits you hope are in the next souls game? - Page 2 Empty Re: New mechanics/traits you hope are in the next souls game?

Post by Animaaal Sun May 12, 2013 9:42 pm

I can't say that no.

But there were plenty of undeserved backstabs in Demon's as well.

Demon's Souls had lag guys, at times....it had A LOT.

I'm just nervous that Namco (or whoever if its contracted out to) is gonna be running the servers. I think Atlus shoulda got the job back...they were awesome.

Last edited by Animaaal on Tue May 14, 2013 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

New mechanics/traits you hope are in the next souls game? - Page 2 Empty Re: New mechanics/traits you hope are in the next souls game?

Post by Serious_Much Sun May 12, 2013 9:50 pm

A hybrid magic systems between the 2 used in the first 2 souls games

Moving while using bow (check)

A development and expansion of gameplay (torch, keystones already known)

An improvement of dual wielding viability

Wider variety in bosses and enemies

long levels like in demons
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun May 12, 2013 11:49 pm

i'd enjoy a way to combine spellcasting with melee for combo's... for example a sword slash followed by a thrust from the catalyst which fires off a blast at the cost of one spell use.
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Mon May 13, 2013 10:11 am

Easier access to co-op.
    A Fierce Plankton
    A Fierce Plankton
    Casual
    Casual

Post by A Fierce Plankton Mon May 13, 2013 9:55 pm

Probably not gonna happen, but I wanted friendly fire (for pve at least). The problem is that they would have to better the AI by a lot and design all enemies with this mechanic in mind.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon May 13, 2013 10:48 pm

Tehdoomgrasp wrote:Easier access to co-op.
    Easier access to co-op is a smart thing to put into the game as it will help online activity in the game.

Though I want to add an easier, and perhaps annoying, way for invasions. Like perhaps preventing the host from running to the boss area or placing more spawn points that function randomly so the chance to be invaded to spawn killers becomes low. Maybe a way to have more invasions for Darkmoons or their parallel in the new game too. Although how to do that I am not sure yet. Oh maybe increase the aggressiveness of the hostile npcs when an invader invades a host. They both want that player dead so why not make the npcs even more determined to kill players?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue May 14, 2013 3:22 pm

There are chariot riding npcs to punish sinners in 2, presumably this means dms aren't in 2.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Tue May 14, 2013 3:43 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:There are chariot riding npcs to punish sinners in 2, presumably this means dms aren't in 2.

Or maybe Darkmoons can gain some of their powers too?
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Tue May 14, 2013 3:46 pm

OR just something similar to Darkmoon blades, called "The chariot riders"? ^^
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue May 14, 2013 4:40 pm

I really don't care what the name will be called for the new dms just that the purpose is the same and the invasion rates improved on.
    Epicfailville
    Epicfailville

Post by Epicfailville Wed May 15, 2013 10:05 am

I want to see some personality inthe NPCs you summon. I found it strange that someone like solaire never spokesmen you summoned him. And I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but easier access to co-op with friends who are in the same level range.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Sat May 18, 2013 3:04 pm

Different bleed effect, there is no reason someone should be able to kill another person in seconds because of bleed spam
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sat May 18, 2013 3:19 pm

GenericUsername wrote:Different bleed effect, there is no reason someone should be able to kill another person in seconds because of bleed spam
    If they are Bleed Spamming, they are leaving themselves wide open to a Parry, Kharmatic Justice, or a counter attack (Heavier Weapon).

Additionally, that's why I almost exclusively use the Bloodsheild silly
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sat May 18, 2013 5:45 pm

A fire augment or enchant should negate the bleed effect of the weapon it's applied to, because the fire effect would cauterize the wound silly
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat May 18, 2013 5:48 pm

ublug wrote:A fire augment or enchant should negate the bleed effect of the weapon it's applied to, because the fire effect would cauterize the wound silly
    Oh god it hurts but it helps my wounds!

That would be insane to have to do deal with. I love it!
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun May 19, 2013 11:52 pm

I also wan't to be able to use emotes while standing on top of a message or a summon sign, this is very important! bounce
    R3dlace
    R3dlace
    Casual
    Casual

Post by R3dlace Mon May 20, 2013 12:06 am

ublug wrote:I also wan't to be able to use emotes while standing on top of a message or a summon sign, this is very important! bounce

This. Subtle change yet so dramatically important.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Mon May 20, 2013 12:48 am

Honestly, I would like Bleed to be a very fast acting DoT instead of a single tick damage, simply because I don't like the fact you can just roll through bleed.
    emraluces
    emraluces

Post by emraluces Mon May 20, 2013 5:25 pm

This is for all those who insist on DS2 becoming more approachable in its multiplyer in both forms, summoning and invading. Please know, that From software does NOT want to create a multiplayer game. The key concepts behind the souls' series, solitude and loneliness, are based on cultural philosophies. The Japanese hold in some regard, the introspection one acquires from such virtues. They even have a romanticized cultural lore, of one standing at dusk or dawn on the shoreline alone. This image embodies a symptom of the human condition, one that ultimately eventuates as a flourishing 'self'. And it requires at least some time invested in loneliness.

I've plugged at least six hundred hours into Dark Souls, and now am about fifty hours into Demon's Souls. And nothing could be more clear, than the fact that the core values of the series are founded on an experience that takes the player through the aforementioned emotional experiences.

In other words, the creators of the Souls series are devoted to creating a game where the help a player might receive is not only of the silent and nameless kind, but it is also fleeting. The dev's don't want the player to be able to conquer the darkness with the help and care and comfort of a friend.

Invasions will always be a draw for gamers who wish to compete against their peers (And in a lot of cases, solely to spread misery to those who suffer among them). Likewise, summing will always be a draw for those who wish to illuminate the darkness of their fellow undead.

However, Dark Souls will, and in my opinion should, remain a perilous journey of a LONE lost soul, desperately inching through a devastatingly dark and lonely world, longing for the sun, hoping against hope that one day, he/she might finally triumph over the madness of it all.

In my very humble opinion, this is what makes the Souls series great. And forgive me if I romanticize the idea, but for whatever reason, the particular stripe of journey that this series offers, is unlike any other in gaming. Personally, if this aspect of the game is meddled with, it will no longer be the games I've come to love, it will instead become a COD in a fantasy setting with classic weaponry.

Embrace the solitude. Brave the darkness. Praise The Sun!

-Emraluces
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon May 20, 2013 5:30 pm

Seignar wrote:Honestly, I would like Bleed to be a very fast acting DoT instead of a single tick damage, simply because I don't like the fact you can just roll through bleed.

seconded
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon May 20, 2013 5:33 pm

Animaaal wrote:
    Seignar wrote:Honestly, I would like Bleed to be a very fast acting DoT instead of a single tick damage, simply because I don't like the fact you can just roll through bleed.

seconded
    Oh this I need to have. It does not make sense to roll through bleed anyway.
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Wed May 22, 2013 10:10 pm

I hope that they stress the concequence element of decisions made: you let an NPC get killed by mobs, you don't get that cool item until next playthru.

They need to bring back item burden. It really made exploring and farming more of a challenge, as you had better prepare yourself before delving in too deep and have to leave behind some loot.

I hope to see better S weapon scaling for those of us who focus so dearly on stat distribution, and pray to GOD they do not dumb it down.

Would be great to have a difference between human/hollow other than invadable/not invadable.

WE NEED concequences; it is what makes the games risk/reward tick. No more "you can buy unlimited shards of any kind. I thought farming in DeS made finally getting that crushing greatsword +5 so rewarding.

Bring back world tendency and character tendency in some form. Such a cool and innovative element in DeS. They will def be able to with dks 2 now that dedicated servers will be back.

I hope they add in more ambient music. Maybe some barely audible suspenseful music when something evil is stirring.

How about aspects only accessible on subsequent playthrus? How awesome would it be to only be able to gain to an elite rank in a covenant after beating the game and making a specific choice on NG+? Things like this would help increase replayability

Last edited by phastings on Wed May 22, 2013 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Wed May 22, 2013 10:21 pm

They need to bring back item burden. It really made exploring and
    farming more of a challenge, as you had better prepare yourself before
    delving in too deep and have to leave behind some loot.
    Many people did not like this system because it kind of forced you to lose stuff at times. I personally dislike it as this is something made more for a survival-horror game than a cruel RPG.

I would, however, like a system that forces you to only take a limited amount of each item as it serves the same purpose without the many drawbacks.
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Wed May 22, 2013 10:29 pm

I know it was not so popular, but it forced you to be conscious of your inventory management and added to the immersion of exploring. I know they will never bring it back, being that this AAA marketed game will surely aim to rid such niche rpg elements, but it adds to the challenge and I liked it (and hated it)

- I don't like how you have a bottomless marry popins bag with an infinite amount of item/weapons for every situation. In DeS It made planning ahead before Venturing into danger another aspect of the game and brought more depth
    Exalted Oreo
    Exalted Oreo

Post by Exalted Oreo Wed May 22, 2013 10:51 pm

make it so that you cannot perform a bs for a couple of seconds after you take damage. instant elimination of the dreaded poise bs, but still allows for the roll bs, which i feel is needed. It would kind of be an expansion of how you can cancel a bs if you cause damage the instant someone initiates the animation, but far more reliable.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:14 pm