Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
HazelrahFiver
reim0027
inksoldier
hey its andres
Jansports
Serious_Much
KrazykevS10
Soris Ice Goldwing
ExplodingPenguin
RANT
Infighter
Animaaal
LunarFog
User1
Hugh_G_Johnson
bl0odyMe5s
Hue
ResIsBestStat
raecor14
23 posters

The death of dark souls and its future

inksoldier
    inksoldier
    Regular
    Regular

The death of dark souls and its future - Page 2 Empty Re: The death of dark souls and its future

Post by inksoldier Sun May 12, 2013 11:15 pm

I'm not much of a forum poster or part of greater community like someone said but I've been lurking the forums back when the forum was still part of wikispaces. I think I'll always check out the forum for interesting reads. I've taken months break from dark souls so I don't get burnt out but I always come back to it as no other game can hold my interest long enough. I'll probably keep playing until Dark Souls II comes out, mainly for FCs and pvp. Hopefully the flickering will be fixed so we can have more active players again
    reim0027
    reim0027

The death of dark souls and its future - Page 2 Empty Re: The death of dark souls and its future

Post by reim0027 Mon May 13, 2013 12:07 am

Why the downrep on Lunar? I've got your back, girl. +1 to compensate.

And, still not sick of DkS. Too many things I like to do. I have many coop builds, custom designed for certain areas. I have multiple PvP builds designed for Darkstalking, Darkmooning, Catbroing, duelling. I have a PvE-themed forest catbro toon that I'm currently working through.

When I get bored of 1 thing, I move onto the next.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Mon May 13, 2013 12:17 am

^ that's also very true. When I get mad at gankers I put on my 120 vit gauge and invade in the forest. When I feel like being an a-- I get my level ~70 and ring of fog in the forest (I like the forest). I have a build that can deal over 12k damage, a build that invades in the demon ruins (majority of my hate mail), a build that unintentionally became Tarkus, and muuuuuuuuuuuuuuch more. Like reim said, when I'm tired of one build I switch to another.
    HazelrahFiver

Post by HazelrahFiver Mon May 13, 2013 8:16 am

ResIsBestStat wrote:I'm never leaving..
    NEVER
    EVER
    played Dark Souls for like 3 years brah, never letting it go till Dark Souls 2

That's quite an accomplishment, seeing as the game has only been out for 1 year and 7 months...

I post regularly on a different forum, but all the same, I have to say that I have stopped playing DkS. I still love the world, lore, and PvE for what it is, but I became disgusted with the PvP scene. It's all about backstabs and I just can't take it anymore. This in turn cause me to let go of the PvE side of the game as well, and move on to other things until DkS2 comes out. Ultimately I'm happy about this, because I stopped playing DeS for about a year before DkS was released, and the gameplay felt very fresh. I enjoyed that.

Interestingly, I have found myself logging into DeS a few hours every weekend to invade and give assistance. The faster paced elements make it feel more worthy of my time, and hell, I can create a new build in a day if I want.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Mon May 13, 2013 10:30 am

Well it's bound to happen eventually.

Dark Souls is also getting hit with a double whammy, a new game in the series and a new generation of consoles. So i don't think it will live on the same way that Demon's Souls did/does/is. That and i don't think Dark Souls has quite the same staying power for me as Demon's Souls, which is where my nostalgia lies.

Come to think of it, I wonder how long people will stick with Dark Souls II, since it's being released at the end of this generations life span…it may have been better for FROM to wait and release it on PS4 and XBox Loop (or whatever they are calling it now).
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Mon May 13, 2013 10:44 am

ExplodingPenguin wrote:Not playing Dark Souls for a few months and going to play it again; it's like you've never played the damn thing before.

Why is that? i seem to get better at the game after each break
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Mon May 13, 2013 12:12 pm

Another thing to note is Dark Souls is not the only game I play. What I play is greatly determined by how my friends and I feel at the moment so I can go weeks with no Dark Souls, but in the end I always come back to it winking
    Infighter
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Infighter Mon May 13, 2013 1:10 pm

Hachouma wrote:
    ExplodingPenguin wrote:Not playing Dark Souls for a few months and going to play it again; it's like you've never played the damn thing before.

Why is that? i seem to get better at the game after each break

When it comes to games there is always E-peen measurement ESPECIALLY in Dark Souls. Everyone has their resume "I did this I did that". When you quit a game for certain period of time, you keep muscle memory and maybe game knowledge, but the most important thing you always keep is ability to learn, and it will improve your game immensely.
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Mon May 13, 2013 8:57 pm

Personally, I'm not even close to leaving. I am just now nearing the end of my first playthrough of Dark Souls and I joined the forums yesterday. It will be a long time until I get bored, probably longer than it takes for Dark Souls II to come out.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Mon May 13, 2013 10:05 pm

KrazykevS10 wrote:If Dark Souls 2 is region locked,I'll be passing on it.I might stay on the forums but I'll be pretty mad about the game.I live in Europe which is nowhere where as active as NA so I'll just end up bored after finishing the game.Once you remove,co-op and PVP,Dark Souls isn't that good.

Ditto on all this. Spot on. Hope they thought of this. Dedicated regional servers suck. I have more summon invasion fails in DS
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Mon May 13, 2013 10:10 pm

Oh, DS and DkS are still alive, still working toons through both and since I still play blind always finding new discoveries. Each toon is different. The game never gets boring to me. I don't plan on buying another game till DkS 2. And I usta buy every other new game that came out.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon May 13, 2013 10:21 pm

Odinbear wrote:...I have more summon invasion fails in DS...

Thats post Atlus though.

And that sucks, sorry to hear that. sad

Demon's Souls was a great game...still is, I guess. Shrug
    Ichikuro
    Ichikuro
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Ichikuro Tue May 14, 2013 4:31 pm

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:Remember, that Dark Souls II will have dedicated servers just like Demon's. You won't be able to play with friends out of your region. Some people may go to Dark Souls just to play with friends. Others may be forced to in order to find people to play with. I know many European players are concerned they won't have anyone to play with.

What? I didn't know that, so it's possible that some countries won't be getting dedicated servers = no online play? :evil:

Well, gonna use some proxy then Well What is it

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:48 pm