Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
SirArchmage
reim0027
Tanklord
Dibsville
Animaaal
skarekrow13
DigitaLinsanitY
LunarFog
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
micb84
14 posters

PvP etiquette lesson

ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

PvP etiquette lesson - Page 2 Empty Re: PvP etiquette lesson

Post by ErrJon6661 Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:55 am

Tanklord wrote:The only thing that drives me mad is people who use PvP etiquette lesson - Page 2 2707236321when they win.

That gesture has its place.

That place is not when the winner and his phantoms gank you like its going out of style.

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:09 am

KrazykevS10 wrote:It happens on PS3 too,though probably a fair amount less.It puts a lot of strain on you to be honourable when every 5th invasion is a hacker.Moral of the story:Forest is bad.

I've never seen a hacker on PS3. Not in Demon's or Dark. I've seen glitchers, but in my 700+ hrs of Dark Souls, I've never seen one.

I know they exist, but it has never been the same as xbox or PC.

My condolences, sad
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:25 am

Looks like we have a similar opinion, Animaal, and completely opposite ways of countering it.

Krazy is right about the forest. No rules, total chaos, full out war. Gankingn is the rule, the expectation. People design their entire builds around that, ot "anti-gank" builds. It can be refreshing, from a certain point of view.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:52 am

Etiquette and honor codes are arbitrary limitations we place on ourselves for what reason? To seem the better person? And why then, do we get so annoyed when someone else doesn't want to impose that arbitrary restriction on themselves? While I'm all for etiquette and honor for myself, I expect no one to adhere to the arbitrary rules of conduct I place on myself. It's just ridiculous to expect someone else who is entirely different from you to behave the same way you do simply because you wish it so.
    DigitaLinsanitY
    DigitaLinsanitY
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DigitaLinsanitY Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:58 am

My main motivation for encouraging the all goes play as you like style mainly stems from personal reasons. I have stuff I like and don't like but don't really expect anyone to care. I say this with all the love and respect in the world, but I really don't care what your rules are in return. BRING IT.

It's just that after work + fiance + life in general I don't want to have to worry about offending someone at a video game. I don't want to keep a list for what each individual on my friends list finds "unsavory". I hope a lot of gamers (not just older ones like me) can relate.

I plan on joining a FC and following their respected rules. In that context it's all spelled out for me.

I don't mean to be condescending. I may come off that way. This is really the only online community I belong to and am fairly inexperienced in how it may come off.

Cheers.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:06 pm

DigitaLinsanitY wrote:....I don't mean to be condescending. I may come off that way. This is really the only online community I belong to and am fairly inexperienced in how it may come off....

Amen to the first part of your post.

As to the latter, you only sound or "come off" wrong, when some dope like me misreads your post silly

This forum just attracts the awesomest people, I swear. Bow

reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:25 pm

As you can see, micb, there are very few universal rules of etiquette. I hope this thread didn't confuse you further.

EDIT: you want to see my perfect rules of etiquette for duels?

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t20895-fighting-mods-is-bad-for-your-back-o-parts-one-and-two

billy's and my fights. That's my idea of etiquette (on both sides). Bow, grass, allow to prepare. I don't rush if they regrass. We both got lagstabbed. Neither of us complained. We both backstabbed the hell out of each other. In fact, that became some of the fun of it. Baiting and BS.
    micb84
    micb84

Post by micb84 Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:22 am

No, it's been very helpful. This was pretty much what I was expecting, so I feel more confident to carry on doing what I've been doing (getting my arse handed to me) without worrying I'm inadvertently breaking some unwritten code - though no matter what I do I'll undoubtedly be breaking someone's code.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:59 pm