Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
LunarFog
Jansports
Ghadis_God
Saturday-Saint
The Letter X
Brigade
Acarnatia
lextune
Maneater_Mildred
WaLKA
JaycePC
mugenis4real
User1
Phoenix Rising
EeAyEss
19 posters

A small analogy in the sword category.

Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

A small analogy in the sword category. - Page 2 Empty Re: A small analogy in the sword category.

Post by Saturday-Saint Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:15 am

On the other hand, DGM's point is about as sharp as a 2x4.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

A small analogy in the sword category. - Page 2 Empty Re: A small analogy in the sword category.

Post by LunarFog Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:26 am

I always thought that sweeping attacks were HUNDREDS of times better than stabs. Mostly because of the anti-bs window.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:18 pm

LunarFog wrote:I always thought that sweeping attacks were HUNDREDS of times better than stabs. Mostly because of the anti-bs window.

They are, but people usually follow the crowd.....
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:55 pm

of the straight swords, i like the broad sword the most. that forward step on the R2 catches allot of people off guard and you can't circle step it like you can with the long sword's poke, and the sunlight sword is just like the long sword only stronger. i would choose a BSS on a dex build though. the dark sword is in a class all its own, but it's mostly show, not show-stopper.

of the great swords, the claymore is easily the most versatile of them all and that alone makes it the best one, even though i rarely use it anymore. i would lump the bastard sword in with man-serpent great sword because the move-set is exactly same only the man-serpent great sword hits allot harder and has more range.

of the ultra-great swords, i would say the the zwei is best of them thanks to how much fun it is to hammer people into the turf like a tent peg. but my favorite is the great sword because TARKUS! it's poke isn't as good as the zwei's overhead smash and the damage is exactly the same as the zwei, it also require higher stat investment, but TARKUS!

so…
    the broad sword is to the man-serpent sword as the sunlight sword is to the claymore

and…
    the claymore is to the great sword as the man-serpent sword is to the zwei

also…
    the flamberge is more like the curved great swords and the balder side sword is more the rapier.

and…
    the dark sword as well the moonlight great sword are misfits with more style than substance.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:15 pm

im gonna vote for the artorias' greatsword, the cursed one specifically, its sheer range is insane and if you lay out your stats correctly it far out damages the clay or bastard sword. plus i find it fun to bait people with the twohanded r2 and then knock them out of the park with the home run swing!
    Nugget
    Nugget
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Nugget Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:26 am

I am appalled by the lack of love for the Baller Swag Sword.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:28 am

Far too overused, and we all know it's good for dex builds only.
    Nugget
    Nugget
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Nugget Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:30 am

RenegadeCop wrote:Far too overused, and we all know it's good for dex builds only.
    It's overused for a reason man. Also, dex wrecks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:22 pm