Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Build Advice

jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Build Advice Empty Build Advice

Post by jaythibodeau Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:14 pm

Lately, I've been working on a Dex build that focuses around swapping mid-fight through different Dex weapons. Before I finish it's stats or weapons, I'd like some feedback on some of it's strengths and flaws. big grin

For example, I can't decide whether or not I should use the Parrying Dagger. Since it's parrying animation seems hard to land in PvP. Although, I have made some absolutely stunning kills with it before. Such as parrying with half full hp, to which I take some blocking damage with the dagger that activates my Red Tearstone Ring AND parrys the opponent.
    lol!

Also, I'd like some advice on what armor I should use, while preferably staying under 25%. There's probably a better armor combination that has better defense and is still colored black (part of this builds usage is that it'll need to be a bit stealthy.)

Finally, I was wondering whether or not it would be worth it to two-hand any of the high Str requirement weapons. Since using a Murakumo here and there wouldn't hurt I guess.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=135771638309970573

By the way, I'm keeping that Poison Mist attunement no matter what anyone says. That thing is EXTREMELY underrated. happy
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Build Advice Empty Re: Build Advice

Post by WyrmHero Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:09 pm

You got everything you wanted at SL 100 so carry on. Just swap RTSR when HP is low and keep wolf instead.

Last edited by WyrmHero on Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:10 pm

What on earth do you use 20 strength for? 16 is really all you need for Dex builds, a few more attunment slots would do you good, as would some poise. No real need to burden yourself with an off hand weapon if you can menu swap
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:09 pm

WyrmHero wrote:
    You got everything you wanted at SL 100 so carry on. Just swap RTSR when HP is low and keep wolf instead.

Indeed. By the way though, should I stop the build at 99 for some reason I don't know? People seem to do that often. :|

Jansports wrote:What on earth do you use 20 strength for? 16 is really all you need for Dex builds,

The 20 Str is for the Dragonslayer Bow (and I guess that extra bit of AR with other weapons.)

Jansports wrote:
    a few more attunment slots would do you good, as would some poise.

Poise has never really been a problem for me. And if I truly need a bit of it, I can just swap to a Wolf Ring or put on Havel's Ring and come up with a poise based armor set up. I can also probably use that free End I got rid of to put more attunement.
    Jansports wrote:

No real need to burden yourself with an off hand weapon if you can menu swap

Hm, true enough. Thanks for the tip! happy I guess I only really need enough endurance to fast roll with my heaviest weapon.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:23 pm

Yep, if you're comfortable with low poise it's fine with most dex weapons. I didn't even consider the Dragon bow, since I'm a huge fan of composite, and normally the str debate in dex builds is 14(katanas GS) or 16 (Silver knight's / halberd)
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:43 pm

99 is for style points, it's the cap for most JRPGs.
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:21 pm

Oh ok. Thank you guys for your input! It looks like I'll have some slight revising to do.

Praise the Sun

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:14 am