Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Duke's Archives entrance Crystal Golem

k4Anarky
    k4Anarky

Duke's Archives entrance Crystal Golem Empty Duke's Archives entrance Crystal Golem

Post by k4Anarky Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:47 pm

I bought the Xbox 360 version Dark Souls like a month ago. I bought it brand new. So yesterday I reached Duke's Archives, there is a Crystal Golem right before the elevator just standing there with its back facing me.

To me this was really odd. So I did a search, and on the wiki it said that ONLY when you have the Abyss DLC that the Golem will be present, and it belongs to a chain of event that related to Oo-whatsherface and activate the DLC.

I'm aware a DLC exists, but I don't know for sure if I have the DLC or not. I'm on the express train to Seath and Gwyn, so I'm afraid I might have screwed myself over on the DLC.

Can anyone on the xbox confirm if I have the DLC or not? Can I still go back to fight the Golden Golem in Darkroot Basin and save the princess? Might as well get the DLC; but I killed Sif, so... Poop.
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Addicted
    Addicted

Duke's Archives entrance Crystal Golem Empty Re: Duke's Archives entrance Crystal Golem

Post by Peaceful Wollyhop Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:08 pm

1) If you brought a prepare to die edition then you do have the dlc
    2) Killing Sif has no effect on the dlc
    3) I'm not entirely sure why you think you've screwed yourself over
    k4Anarky
    k4Anarky

Duke's Archives entrance Crystal Golem Empty Re: Duke's Archives entrance Crystal Golem

Post by k4Anarky Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:26 pm

Oh... So there is a package edition. I didn't buy that one. Oh well, might as well get the DLC while it's half-price.

I might have gone too far to go back, that kind of stuff. Cuz I'm too lazy to go back? silly Wasn't the first time I screwed myself over, either. I accidentally agro and kill Undead Parish blacksmith testing out the Dark Hand. Look Skyward
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:33 pm

You have the DLC technically, everyone that patches their game does. You just won't be able to access the areas and get the content yourself unless you buy the DLC.

The Golem will drop an item when you pay for the DLC thus letting you actually get to the areas. You can kill it multiple times too so if you killed it you aren't screwed over. Whenever you buy the DLC you kill it again and it'll drop.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:45 pm

Did the golem drop anything after you killed it?
    k4Anarky
    k4Anarky

Post by k4Anarky Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:55 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Did the golem drop anything after you killed it?
    No... At least I don't think so. I'll check it out when I get on later. Might as well backtrack to Dusk and go through the whole affair to be sure.

I think I figured it out though, thanks. I bought the 360 edition that has the normal cover, not the cover with Knight Artorias on it. Cost 19.99, while the usual price for the PTD xbox edition is usually above 40.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:19 pm