Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+68
DigitaLinsanitY
Graelaoch
Qyntius
Leet
Icegodzilla
SadPanda
einherje
TheDeviantKnight
OminousSquaffle
Kahldris_Ducard
Ahhotep1
Paragon
ViralEnsign_
shadowzninjaz
Hugh_G_Johnson
Wilkinson3424
Demon Slayer
Aigaios
iiProdigyv
Carphil
jewfrozack
Horrendus
Raijinilli
divinebeanpole
AlphaTrol
destutiodaemonis
Odinbear
Serious_Much
Dibsville
billy_bayonet
Maneater_Mildred
jaythibodeau
Sneezer
ExplodingPenguin
WaveringRadiance
Hokucho
Squashy_Avocado
sure-magicians
Forum Pirate
VMatrixX
eclipse prince
FattyOfDoom
FinPeku
Avenger649
trzzy
LordTransvalence
Jansports
grossemesser
Dieselzilla
mindbottiling_52
Fawkes
GravityBlast
User1
Halicarnassis
SpyderADK
sicktwist
Emergence
Yukon
robsthedon
Ghadis_God
FexDS
WandererReece
twilightwarwolf
BeeSeaEss
RANT
Acarnatia
Murkulanvippi
slowturtles
72 posters

!!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!!

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

!!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!! - Page 28 Empty Re: !!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!!

Post by Ahhotep1 Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:10 am

Good suggestions so far...food for thought. I may not respond to every post but I am and will be reading all.

Shadow does have a good suggestion about limiting spell stacking. But it would/must be dealt with on the "honor system". I won't inspect any ones build. You usually do come up with helpful ideas! happy

And Hugh, as always your suggestions are thoughtful, mostly concise silly  and peppered with humor! big grin  Not to mention good!! Dark Bead is definitely on the "Hit List" as are Fire Surge, and Tempest.

Being on the "Hit List" doesn't mean they are gone yet...but their demise is seriously being considered.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

!!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!! - Page 28 Empty Re: !!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!!

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:19 am

Ahhotep1 wrote:And Hugh, as always your suggestions are thoughtful, mostly concise silly...

HA!  lol!  Yeah... I'm so concise... rolling eyes 

...well, I guess sometimes... straight face 
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:29 am

i think u got some spell mix up fire surge is that spell that shoots fire in a straight line that can be used constantly until it runs out, i dont think firestrom/fire tempest should be ban they are spells that u need 2 setup ambushes with and they only one shot if used with like most extra damage buffs or equipment same thing goes with wog.

On to location i really wanna do this in the parish i already have the idea on how we can start from and its a nice decent place with lots of npcs and hiding spot also there is barely any spots were u can just kill of the host easily its mostly going be all about the ambushes at open areas
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:42 am

Correction noted and thanks Shadow.

As for location...I will be giving this a week before I decide. I want to hear from others as well. happy

...if only I can find my notes on issues from the last two events. Coffee!  Hmmmm....
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:12 am

You guys wouldnt't have any suggestions for  a paladin slash knight build with a halberd would you. I would love to try all of this out and be a champion of justice and all that crap.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:24 am

As for location...so far we have:

1) Painted World
    2) Lost Izalith
    3) Undead Parish
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:00 pm

Im caught in the middle between Lost Izalith and Undead Parish. Ive never done one at PW but i know that one was done there not too long ago. The biggest problem with Lost Izalith is the giant dragon butts, those have to go otherwise the area is ridiculously unbalanced. So as much as I like the idea of Izalith, I have to go with Undead Parish. Not my decision, just my input.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:22 pm

Yep, the Dino-Chickens would be a pain in the butt and we wouldn't be messing with them if it were held in Izalith. Also, it would be too much strain on event streamlining for the host to have to kill them all repeatedly.

I do have my personal opinions on locations but I will wait until next week. First I want people to voice their choices.

Just remember everyone any locations that are too linear and without hidy-holes,  twists and turns, and possibly a way to double-back (excellent) are not good locations for this type of event.

For those who are new to the forum and this event. View the videos in the OP (first several pages) courtesy of the originators of this event, to get an idea of the kind of locations needed.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:38 am

I propose at least testing Anor Londo.  You could limit the area to either inside or outside.  If you go to the balcony outside the Solaire bonfire, you're only subject to people who use orbs in the archer/bat demon/non-cleric giant area outside.  Alternatively for outside, you could set signs in the Darkmoon Tomb bonfire room.  That is part of the same invasion area and the moving staircase would easily give the red team plenty of time to hide (without any possibility of being seen or heard as well).

Technically you could even host in dark AL without worrying about constant DM invasions.  If you are are Darkmoon before you attack Gwynevere, then absolve after you won't be invaded by Darkmoons.  That would make using the entire area more practical.

Just a suggestion from someone who enjoys 2v1s and 2v2s in Anor Londo. winking 
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:44 am

I dont think we should do it in anor yet, even thou i want anor its just going be a pain to make up setup and say which part of anor is allowed, personal i would say if we do anor it should be light anor not dark and also should be only inside part of anor allow since there is alot of hiding spots and there isnt any ledges where if u get knock off u die.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:32 pm

Ok, the locations have boiled down to:

1) The Painted World
    2) Lost Izalith
    3) UndeadParish
    4) Anor Londo

If you will recall The Catacombs was a particularly successful event location as well.
    Though Izalith, Anor, and Parish are untried and untested.

The Township would be an interesting location. Vaders can be dealt with effectively so they are not a "deal breaker". Unfortunately, it is possible that not everyone interested in this event has the DLC yet. So, I would hesitate considering/choosing that location....any thoughts?
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:37 pm

The Catacombs! Let's do that, everywhere is allowed except for the skeleton wheels! Lever games!
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:18 pm

I say we do something we havent done like parish, also i dont think township would be a great place its is way to much of a hot spot for invaders and people ganking, it would be to much trouble for the host and someone trying to invade,
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:18 am

I don't know about Parish, not enough places there to make it interesting.
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:39 am

Wilkinson3424 wrote:I don't know about Parish, not enough places there to make it interesting.

there is many place the bkgs area, at the rats, in the church or at the helkite bridge also lots of outside space
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:35 am

Izalith 

NUF SAID! devil
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:46 pm

Guerrillia Event is the Weekend!!!

The event will be in Anor Londo! Inside the Great Hall. However, I will need dedicated hosts who have O&S alive. I, myself, will have to build a new char to host.

I will need at least 4 hosts. Two ready to host at the start and two to give breaks.

As for additional restrictions:

No Dark Bead
    No Firestorm
    No Chaos Storm
    No Wog
    No Hornet Ring
    No TWoP

I have not edited the OP of this thread yet...but will after I get some input from ya all. I will edit it later this evening before I go to work.

*Drop Zone suggestions
    *Need to know who will host AND show silly( I will host...so I need 3 dedicated hosts.)
    *Any other suggestions.

I need to sleep a bit before work but I will respond. And do a final edit this evening! winking 

Thanks!!

Proper Bow
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kahldris_Ducard Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:49 pm

No wog..... but but  that kills the faith builds sad only good miracle for offense.
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:11 pm

Kahldris_Ducard wrote:No wog..... but but  that kills the faith builds sad only good miracle for offense.
    Yeah wog should still be in still, it isnt that hard to take care of and without wog  that destroys most faith builds. No wog spamming would make more sense

I like the other bans good job thumbs up

i should suggest the drop zone be the room across the solaire bonfire, nice place close to the bonfire
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:17 pm

Lets see what others say about wog silly
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:18 pm

shadowzninjaz wrote:
    Kahldris_Ducard wrote:No wog..... but but  that kills the faith builds sad only good miracle for offense.
    Yeah wog should still be in still, it isnt that hard to take care of and without wog  that destroys most faith builds. No wog spamming would make more sense

I like the other bans good job thumbs up

i should suggest the drop zone be the room across the solaire bonfire, nice place close to the bonfire  
    Ah, thanks. But it was kind of a "no-brainer" lol! 
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:31 pm

I have some suggestions and questions.  First; don't forget about fire tempest, I'm guessing you mean to ban all of the firestorm spells.  Second; does the grant's special attack count as wog?  Also, Shadowz: allowed wog, but banned spam, it would just lead to arguments over what spam is.  Perhaps you could just say one set, but that's kinda artificial and still could possible lead to disputes.

I set signs where Shadowz said when I'm doing non-random co-op, but I think it might be better to set them on the balcony before the bonfire room.  Any dedicated hosts will be subject to invasions when trying to invade/get summoned as a red as well as the host.  It will be a bit of a hike for the invader.  But, I think it will save time in the long run, since people will get invaded less and people invading in the event will be less likely to invade random after random.  
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Kahldris_Ducard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kahldris_Ducard Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:37 pm

I just need to know what is allowed and what is not, I look forward to the update.
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:00 pm

im in as one of the two hosts
    OminousSquaffle
    OminousSquaffle
    Casual
    Casual

Post by OminousSquaffle Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:59 pm

I'm in for XBOX. I can host if needed though due to my connection having frequent off days I'd probably be best suited as a last resort ~_^

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:00 pm