Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
KingSeekerCow
Tolvo
Gods_Twilight
Isirith
BIG TIME MASTER
Back Lot Basher
Mike5005005
Uparkaam
Carphil
WandererReece
psychichobo
Hue
Gazman0169
Metalien
User1
kazumoshi
raecor14
barrywilkins
Alex_Fairhurst
GrinTwist
skarekrow13
BagerX2
LunarFog
Samurainova
28 posters

Most Disturbing Thing About Dark Souls

Mike5005005
    Mike5005005
    Regular
    Regular

Most Disturbing Thing About Dark Souls - Page 2 Empty Re: Most Disturbing Thing About Dark Souls

Post by Mike5005005 Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:11 pm

No idea how to spell it.. But yeah!.
    I've only attacked her once, to see how it goes. After the first hit I just couldn't hate it and I takes to her anyway!
    Hint: She's a boss kinda like Pirsilla.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Most Disturbing Thing About Dark Souls - Page 2 Empty Re: Most Disturbing Thing About Dark Souls

Post by Hue Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:13 pm

WandererReece wrote:
    Mike5005005 wrote:You actually hit Maiden Astria?! I usually talk to her and let her. . . Well, no spoilers but yet.

Your post confused me, so I looked her up. I never knew you could do that.

I learn something new every day.

Also, I think I spelled her name wrong. The wiki claims it's "Astraea".

Yeah, i think the right name is indeed Astraea
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:30 pm

The final showdown in world 5 of Demon's Souls (Valley of Defilement). Garl Vinland is a noble opponent that you almost hate to kill, and both his and Maiden Astrea's dying words break my heart every time. Plus...the plague babies are the stuff of nightmares.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:39 pm

Plague Babies definitely, but also the floating skulls in the Catacombs. Not so scary now, but the first time I wandered in there and I saw them, and then they started glowing and shaking, I ran like a madman, saying, "I'm not going in there! I'm not going in there!"

Also, the bonewheels are pretty freaky looking.

And the flying demons in the second part of Latria are the stuff of a kids nightmares.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:56 pm

Uparkaam wrote:The "Create Similar Face" thing in the character creation with the slider set all the way to the right.

This.

Dark Souls is the most disturbing game, and you don't even have to actually start playing
    Mike5005005
    Mike5005005
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Mike5005005 Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:17 pm

Then there's the Bonewheel Skeletons down that well in the Painted World... Damn things. =l
    Isirith
    Isirith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Isirith Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:29 pm

The Maneaters from Demon's Souls.. Their eyes are pretty creepy when they move away from you
    and it's all you see.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:39 pm

Is that scary or disturbing? Or both? lol because DianaDieHard has a scariest monster thread you should check out happy
    Gods_Twilight
    Gods_Twilight
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gods_Twilight Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:45 pm

For me it's the kinda depressing realization that everything you do as the "chosen undead" has some dire consequence in the future. You open the seal and the abyss might spread, even with the death of the 4 kings. You kill lord gwyn, although a husk now still revered as a god and his husk continues to feed the flame. Almost everything you meet you kill even though, were it left alone most of the things in the game would be passive. You murder gods, you kill ancient dragons and all for something a man in an asylum or a giant snake told you.

When you take a step back I think the player character is the most disturbing thing in dark souls!

Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:47 pm

Gods_Twilight wrote:For me it's the kinda depressing realization that everything you do as the "chosen undead" has some dire consequence in the future. You open the seal and the abyss might spread, even with the death of the 4 kings. You kill lord gwyn, although a husk now still revered as a god and his husk continues to feed the flame. Almost everything you meet you kill even though, were it left alone most of the things in the game would be passive. You murder gods, you kill ancient dragons and all for something a man in an asylum or a giant snake told you.

When you take a step back I think the player character is the most disturbing thing in dark souls!

You sir, are most impressive, most impressive indeed. I believe you deserve the reward for the best comment here so far, so, in honor of such i shall bestow upon thee...my thanks. may your three newly added reputation points go on to bring you fame and prosperous comments to come. happy
    Gods_Twilight
    Gods_Twilight
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gods_Twilight Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:53 pm

Thank you very much, we all love a good topic like this, gotta keep it going with good posts! happy

Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:06 pm

Thank you for your kindness, it inspires me to make new posts. ^^
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:32 am

Samurainova wrote:
    Gazman0169 wrote:
    Metalien wrote:Backstabbing the boar with a naked fist.

Nah, for me it wouldn't be the first time I've fisted a pig! lol

When was the other time?

Let's just say that back in the day I was none-too-picky when it came to the girls I used to take home at the end of a night on the lash, and they certainly were not the sort of girls you would take home to meet the parents, if you get what I mean! twisted
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:36 am

How many characters I don't want to kill, yet must.

The amount of characters which aren't exactly evil, just opposing you. If you had been born in different places you two might be working together. But fate decided you will clash, even if there is nothing personal about it. It must be.

I've always liked that about Dark Souls, but it disturbs me.

Playing many other games, they really demonize everyone you face. But Dark/Demon's, I feel sorry for them and I really don't want to have to kill them.

Sif, Ornstein and Smough, Artorias, Manus, Gwyn, the list goes on.

Alundil, Garl Vinland, Old Hero, the list also goes on.

It's funny that in a game about demon's and monsters, these characters feel a lot more human and relatable than many humans in other games.
    KingSeekerCow
    KingSeekerCow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by KingSeekerCow Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:52 am

When you have no choice but to fight Sif. Then when he is about 1/4 health or less, he starts to limp to you with the sword still in his mouth and occasionally fall over. This has a "morality" factor, either you kill the NPC now and lessen their suffering or wait to see them go hollow(Crestfallen Warrior/Big Hat Logan/Lau of the Great Swamp/Reah and many others.)

Overall From Soft might be trolls, but they have a concept of "morality" and in games today excluding a few that I can name off the top of my head(Mass Effect comes to mind), we do not have the similar feel to the games. Asian game developers always(well to me they do) this sense of despair then all of sudden happiness.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:55 am

I disturbed myself the most in Dark Souls.

First time I seen Gwynevere, I adjusted my camera for an hour. :shock:

I wont tell you what else I did to myself, or what I played with... :mask-sack:
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:10 pm

Animaaal wrote:I disturbed myself the most in Dark Souls.

First time I seen Gwynevere, I adjusted my camera for an hour. :shock:

I wont tell you what else I did to myself, or what I played with... :mask-sack:

I pulled out my binoculars for quelaag so....I don't judge lol
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:49 pm

Alex_Fairhurst wrote:Tower of Latria

Probably my favorite level in all the souls series. Absolutely LOVE this level. The swamp that follows, however... bane of my existence.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:03 pm

Tolvo wrote:It's funny that in a game about demon's and monsters, these characters feel a lot more human and relatable than many humans in other games.

It's because they took a slightly different perspective. In other games demons were always monsters. In this game demons used to be human, or at least some of them.

Sage Freke wrote:I know of three human leaders who became Demons.
    King Allant of Boletaria,
    Astraea of the Valley of Defilement,
    and the golden elder of Latria.
    They have proven that humans can evolve to a higher state.
    We were wrong to assume that only Demons could do demon work.

Also, in other games the characters see the world ending as a chance to show off their skills. In these games they act depressed about it, which is probably a more realistic reaction.

The lack of a dialoge wheel probably helps too. In other games I feel like yelling, "Be quite already!" In this game they don't talk as much, which is very nice. lol!
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:37 am

Smough, knowing that he became that fat by eating his victims.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:40 am

gmwdim wrote:Smough, knowing that he became that fat by eating his victims.
    this proves the only thing to fear is cannibalism and eating disorders.
    Tanklord
    Tanklord
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tanklord Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:56 am

The Mask of the Child looks real creepy. It makes my character look a bit like The Elephant Man.

Those giant blob type things in New Londo that hit you with their tongue. They are VERY creepy looking.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:50 am

Tanklord wrote:Those giant blob type things in New Londo that hit you with their tongue. They are VERY creepy looking.

I think the creepy part about them is they burp exploding skulls.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:11 pm