Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Saturday-Saint
lonewolf
AzureTear
BLA1NE
Animaaal
Myztyrio
ExecutionerTri
xenon_nobelium
lextune
RANT
WyrmHero
Yukon
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
FattyOfDoom
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Rifter7
20 posters

top tier weapons in the meta atm.

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

top tier weapons in the meta atm. - Page 3 Empty Re: top tier weapons in the meta atm.

Post by Animaaal Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:01 am

AzureTear wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:Velkas still didn't make it in eh?

What about the barbed sword? Good bleed build up, the R2 dead angles okay, and you can buff it. It has a slightly lower AR, but its minimal.

Darkmoon bow?

Darkhand should be in there for sure, but as a fist wep? Are you gonna put shields in, or just had no where else to put it? Claws aren't a bad fist weapon I guess.

Nice list dude, good job. +1

Barbed sword has abysmal range imo.

Ya it is short, but the R1-->R2 combo closes quite nice. The R2 dead angles okay and it bleeds. If you're going with a "bleed build" (if there really is such a thing outside of the gold tracer) its prolly not the first choice.

It has a lot to offer for the investment. People are too accustomed to the stab of the side sword and the claymore to appreciate the horizontal moves the barbed sword and the broadsword have to offer imo.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

top tier weapons in the meta atm. - Page 3 Empty Re: top tier weapons in the meta atm.

Post by Rifter7 Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:34 am

i put the velkas in.
    FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:01 am

FINALLY. My work here is done silly

@Blaine, it's op when you figure out that having a weapon in your left hand with decent range means NO ONE is safe silly and good to know I'm not the ONLY one using the PGS's R2
    lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:09 am

i have used the stone great axe alot lately and it is funn to use and it is cuite deadly.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:29 am

My unsolicited opinion on the Dorks tier list by weapon class, because I find this a lot more useful than composing a list of best-in-class weapons:

A+ Tier: Greatswords, Halberds, Spears.
    A Tier: Curved Swords, Katanas, Straight Swords.
    B+ Tier: Bows, Scythes.
    B Tier: Curved Greatswords, Thrusting Swords, Ultra Greatswords.
    C Tier: Axes, Crossbows, Daggers, Greatbows, Hammers, Greathammers.
    D Tier: Fist Weapons, Greataxes, Whips.

Note that this is assuming best-in-class weapons. So E.G., when I'm saying straight swords are A Tier, I mean BSS and SKSS, not Shord Sword or Astora's Straight Sword or whatever.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:47 am

Saturday-Saint wrote:My unsolicited opinion on the Dorks tier list by weapon class, because I find this a lot more useful than composing a list of best-in-class weapons:

Note that this is assuming best-in-class weapons. So E.G., when I'm saying straight swords are A Tier, I mean BSS and SKSS, not Shord Sword or Astora's Straight Sword or whatever.

First of all, are you calling the op a dork for creating a list or that a person is dorky for using an advantaged weapon?

Secondly, there is a very good reason to elaborate on each tier. I understand your closing statement, but for people without a number "14" placement on the "DeS and DkS bestest players of all time" list, it could become a valuable source of information.

Lastly, why u so rude all the damn time? You're so smart man. You could help a lot if you chose to.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:21 pm

Animaaal wrote:First of all, are you calling the op a dork for creating a list or that a person is dorky for using an advantaged weapon?
    Dorks is just what I call Dark Souls sometimes.

Animaaal wrote:Secondly, there is a very good reason to elaborate on each tier. I understand your closing statement, but for people without a number "14" placement on the "DeS and DkS bestest players of all time" list, it could become a valuable source of information.
    Actually it's just for Demon's Souls, I think that list was made before Dark Souls came out, or perhaps just after. And do you mean explaining what each tier is, or explaining why I put each weapon class in its respective tier? It sounds like you are asking the former, but that also seems self-explanatory. Stuff near the top is better, stuff near the bottom is worse.

Animaaal wrote:Lastly, why u so rude all the damn time? You're so smart man. You could help a lot if you chose to.
    I don't think I was being rude in this post. In other posts I am probably rude for different reasons at different times. Point me to an example and I'll tell you why I acted as I did.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:48 pm

Saturday-Saint wrote:...And do you mean explaining what each tier is, or explaining why I put each weapon class in its respective tier?....

Well I think the Washing Pole would probably have an advantage over the titanite Catch Pole for instance. Or maybe Washing Pole vs. Channlers Trident.
    I'm saying that being more descriptive with regards to what specific weapons are "advantaged" in each class would help someone who has a limited understanding of Dark Souls pvp mechanics.

Regarding the later. Without derailing the thread and going into a personal conversation I'll just say this. Anyone who has lurked this forum or wikidot with any amount of regularity knows who the main contributers are regarding the understanding of how Dark Souls works in practice.

I've read a lot of your stuff, and you rarely make mistakes. Sometimes your sarcasim doesn't come through though bud. I have no need to point anything out. I apologize for even asking you that. I should have said that in a pm, my apologies. It was immature of me to say that publicly. But sometimes I just get so distracted.........

........outside my window........is that a...........

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:14 pm

Saturday-Saint wrote:My unsolicited opinion on the Dorks tier list by weapon class, because I find this a lot more useful than composing a list of best-in-class weapons:

Greatswords can't stunlock anymore unless they are used 1 handed, which is a slower attack and has less range, breaks less poise (35). I would put

-curved swords, katanas and speara at A+ tier
    -curved greatswords, UGS, straight swords and bows at A tier
    -greatswords, halberds/scythes, crossbows at B+
    -rapiers, daggers, hammers at B
    -great hammers, greataxes at C
    -fists, axes and whips at D
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:21 pm

Weird...never heard of a weapon called "ahahahah" lol ...

:|
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:09 pm

Saturday-Saint wrote:

i think katanas need to be swapped with greatswords, and straightswords need to be swapped with bows personally... or i don't know.. keep straight swords there, i dunno the a list is too fuzzy but i feel bows are higher on that list than a scythe.

Note that this is assuming best-in-class weapons. So E.G., when I'm
    saying straight swords are A Tier, I mean BSS and SKSS, not Shord Sword
    or Astora's Straight Sword or whatever.

my reason for starting the thread was actually pretty selfish, i was looking for the best of's from different weapons for future builds.
    feel free to start your own thread with a tier list, i'm sure people will understand what weapons go where.

My unsolicited opinion on the Dorks tier list by weapon class, because I
    find this a lot more useful than composing a list of best-in-class
    weapons:
    there's my opinion on the troll souls list.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:56 pm

*bump for the op being extremely useful for people new to pvp.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:04 pm

lol

Rifter7 wrote:
    katanas
    -uchigatana
    -washing pole
    -iaito
    -chaos blade

katanas
    *all the katanas are listed*
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:55 am

BLA1NE wrote:lol

Rifter7 wrote:
    katanas
    -uchigatana
    -washing pole
    -iaito
    -chaos blade

katanas
    *all the katanas are listed*

Dark Souls PVP in a nutshell
    Infighter
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Infighter Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:22 am

I like this thread

You could add Mace into Hammer category, it's a great weapon

And is DBF that bad that it didn't even make to the list?
    Jiub of Carim
    Jiub of Carim
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jiub of Carim Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:19 pm

No love for the bastard sword? Personally i like it more than the claymore except for the 1h r2
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:17 pm

Claymore has better moveset and range, unfortunately.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:30 pm