Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+110
lextune
User1
excessivegamer
Orango19
NPCWhiteMage
Hugh_G_Johnson
SpecialNewb
Bloodpact91
Hatsune Miku
scalpfarmer
FullSpe3D
Lancelot
WaLKA
Hyena
IIdoneus
Animaaal
Mr. Tart
Kyuseishu
Acarnatia
morte
Hallsey
Rynn
Casdman
JoeBroski09
Dr_Disco
Kyōkai
X-government-agent
Longshot
Soris Ice Goldwing
DMC
Saturday-Saint
Emergence
BeeSeaEss
JumpsU3vs1
Fry1156
jankenneth_10
Automancer
dsg78gaming
Mike5005005
TheAshenPhantom
BLA1NE
Demon Slayer
BagerX2
jaythibodeau
deadagain
VaDoom
Gazman0169
KingSeekerCow
Odinbear
SenseOfSecurity
Myztyrio
RePaused
argetlam213
Relbaic
FlorisFreakshow
WandererReece
LK-8912
psychichobo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Marionx
Alex_Fairhurst
Gambs_the_Grey
kaa0skrisse
Kerberos-013
Everynevers
Flankydizzle
Zephryl
Uparkaam
ublug
Murkulanvippi
Green__Eagle
Jester's Tears
largestember
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Reaperfan
bla
Bioraptor
Djem
steveswede
Hue
Sloth9230
firefighter_raven
CappuccinoJak
RedderAI
defacto
ryan0wens
Nybbles
SlakeMoth
densetsushun
Oh_the_Humanity
GkMrBane
EeAyEss
befowler
ChizFreak
lonewolf
Dante_000
lalliman
raecor14
Sentiel
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
Aznul
Ashran
The Letter X
fujiphoenix
Serious_Much
Marino.
Hydreigon11
GenericUsername
114 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

NPCWhiteMage
    NPCWhiteMage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 38 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by NPCWhiteMage Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:15 pm

morte wrote:
    NPCWhiteMage wrote:My friend just found out that you can summon Lautrec to fight along side you with the Gargoyles if you free him from his cell.

I had already told him several times that it was possible but he didn't once believe me until I showed him.

Yeah, his sign is kind of hidden. Not that you really need him. Solaire is usually more than enough.

Thinking back...I think the only phantom I have ever summoned to help with a boss is summoning Leeroy to help with PinWheel, since he does everything himself and all I have to do is stay out of the way.

I have see solair in action when I Sunbro in Anor Londo and I've noticed he does well tanking against Ornstein
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 38 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by AnCapaillMor Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:37 pm

NPCWhiteMage wrote:My friend just found out that you can summon Lautrec to fight along side you with the Gargoyles if you free him from his cell.

I had already told him several times that it was possible but he didn't once believe me until I showed him.

You can also summon in the depths, his sign is on the other side of the pillar where solairs is.

this one came in handy for the 4 kings on an sl1 run, if you summon an npc and go through the boss fog gates before they arrive the boss does not get the HP buff for the 2nd player.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:33 pm

Gambs_the_Grey wrote:You can stick prism stones to trees and walls

I did an experiment with a prism stone by snuggly's nest for fun. I wanted to see if it would make a noise if there were no floor/ground. However, it turns out there's a cliff side it will hit. But, it landed normally without sound and I could see the blue sparkly. I am a poor scientist, however, because I didn't test to see if the jump was safe.

EeAyEss wrote:You can backstab the picassas. Those tentacle mid-flayer things in duke's prison cell area.

I just realized the pisacas resemble the mind flayers from Demon's!
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:17 pm

WandererReece wrote:^ You also have to reload the game and sometimes talk to him in firelink to summon him. That's why few people know he can be summoned.

Also, sorcerer and black sorcerer gloves don't go past the wrist on female characters, but they cause the sleeves to roll up to the elbows.
    Eastern gloves have the same effect, at least on male characters.
    NPCWhiteMage
    NPCWhiteMage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by NPCWhiteMage Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:41 pm

I JUST found out where to find the Large Magic Ember >_>
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:45 pm

densetsushun wrote:
    WandererReece wrote:^ You also have to reload the game and sometimes talk to him in firelink to summon him. That's why few people know he can be summoned.

Also, sorcerer and black sorcerer gloves don't go past the wrist on female characters, but they cause the sleeves to roll up to the elbows.

They don't do it with Chester's Longcoat, I'd have to test more torso pieces. This is only the Eastern Gauntlets by the way.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:50 pm

I found out that the boss which most people died to on their first playthrough was:

Well, there were 2. The Four Kings, and Ornstein and Smough. Probably no surprise to you all, but just some fun fact.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:57 pm

The Letter X wrote:
    densetsushun wrote:

They don't do it with Chester's Longcoat, I'd have to test more torso pieces. This is only the Eastern Gauntlets by the way.
    Check it with the Shadow torso, it rolls the sleeves up. Same goes for Wanderer coat I think, I've never murdered ol' Chester so I don't know if Eastern rolls the sleeves up for his coat.
    MistahrFox
    MistahrFox
    Regular
    Regular

Post by MistahrFox Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:28 pm

The lava protection ring (yes I forgot its name) makes your kicks deal fire dmg, might be common for a lot of people here but yeah I found that out recently.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:39 pm

MistahrFox wrote:The lava protection ring (yes I forgot its name) makes your kicks deal fire dmg, might be common for a lot of people here but yeah I found that out recently.

Really? That's a pretty neat use for the orange charred ring. I'm gonna try that.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:40 pm

I actually kicked someone to death using thorn leggings + orange charred ring. Fun times.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:17 am

RenegadeCop wrote:I found out that the boss which most people died to on their first playthrough was:

Well, there were 2. The Four Kings, and Ornstein and Smough. Probably no surprise to you all, but just some fun fact.

I disagree with you on O&S, i think capra demon is much more of a problem
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:41 am

Hachouma wrote:
    RenegadeCop wrote:I found out that the boss which most people died to on their first playthrough was:

I second that. That thing drove me nuts my first playthrough. I kept dying as soon as I walked it. That and Stray. I kept falling in and getting smashed pretty much immediately. I don't really remember having too much of a problem with O&S, but I had phantoms with me because I kept getting invaded in AL. Big surprise there.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:46 am

morte wrote:
    MistahrFox wrote:The lava protection ring (yes I forgot its name) makes your kicks deal fire dmg, might be common for a lot of people here but yeah I found that out recently.

Really? That's a pretty neat use for the orange charred ring. I'm gonna try that.

Just for Kicks My link keeps getting burried!

Also, only Power Within increases the ring's damage. RTSR, Dragon Roar, and Trident do not increase the damage.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:36 am

PlasticandRage wrote:
    Hachouma wrote:

I second that. That thing drove me nuts my first playthrough. I kept dying as soon as I walked it. That and Stray. I kept falling in and getting smashed pretty much immediately. I don't really remember having too much of a problem with O&S, but I had phantoms with me because I kept getting invaded in AL. Big surprise there.

Capra was the bane of my existence. More so than O&S. With O&S, I had a chance at dodging, attacking, whittling down, etc. Capra was just like "Jumpshot!" You Died. Stray did pose a problem, but only because I didn't fight smart. Eventually, I used the guide to find his weakness and use that (he doesn't like fire) and to find out what kind of attacks he used and to defend against them.(crest shield is good).
    Zyrrashijn
    Zyrrashijn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Zyrrashijn Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:03 am

Standing at the first Bonfire in Undead Asylum, you can actually see the Demon (mere his face) through the small window above the giant door, creepy.

Also, if you let Oscar live after he gave you key and flask, he will die as you leave the room just before you enter the stairs up. I found out when i decided to let him live this time as i entered NG+ for the first. Left him and soon after, heard a dying sound from behind. Went back and he was gone...
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:50 am

You can now determine what your item belt carries in MugenMonkey.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:06 am

I never really thought about this because I assumed most people would have figured it out by now, but here it is just in case I'm just a douchey know-it-all: If you add different data storage locations, then you can have more than the maximum number of save files. For example, I currently have my hard drive (xbox) slots filled so I use the cloud save and a memory to get even more characters! Just throwing this out there in case anyone has ever wondered.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:18 am

That may only be applicable to Xbox, but on the PS3 you can just create new users for more slots.

I just discovered that if you run through Parish but clear another area, Lautrec leaves his cell on his own.
    Scratch that, I was just an idiot who decided to pick up the Firekeeper Soul, then run through Parish and ignore Lautrec.

Last edited by densetsushun on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:26 am

I assume it's known but since we're on about capra, you can lob firebombs over the wall before the fog gate and take out the dogs, lobbed dung pies can toxin him. Did the firebomb\dogs a few times but only got the toxin thing to work once. You'll need a load to get it right.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:45 am

Frampt - 11,120 HP. Drops 5000 Souls.
    Kaathe - 24,464 HP. Drops 5000 Souls.
    Everlasting Dragon - 1,287 HP. Doesn't drop anything.
    Firelink Crow - 1,160 HP. Drops 5000 Souls.
    Alvina - 597 HP. Drops 1000 Souls.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:51 am

Sentiel wrote:Frampt - 11,120 HP. Drops 5000 Souls.

HOW DID YOU KILL FRAMPT AND KAATHE?! Well What is it
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:53 am

AnCapaillMor wrote:I assume it's known but since we're on about capra, you can lob firebombs over the wall before the fog gate and take out the dogs, lobbed dung pies can toxin him. Did the firebomb\dogs a few times but only got the toxin thing to work once. You'll need a load to get it right.

That is probably the single most useful piece of information I've ever been told.

FINALLY a good use for Firebombs~ I planned to cheese him with Firebombs and the Ledge when I did it, but I always got jammed on the darn Dogs and got killed. I think this'd probably be easier~
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:57 am

Discovery I made only recently: Sentiel likes to bull :dung: people.
    Just saying.
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:00 am

EeAyEss wrote:

Discovery I made only recently: Sentiel likes to bull :dung: people.
    Just saying.

It's possible those are the figures coded into the game, and in the end they decided to just slap an "Immortal" flag onto them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:03 pm