Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Animaaal
aprilmanha
ComaPrison
hageshisa
defacto
Sir-flicker
Shkar
Ashran
Onion Knight
FattyOfDoom
Marino.
Acarnatia
Serious_Much
Sloth9230
mr_no_face
DE5PA1R
crbngville2
aceluby
tinypantha
steveswede
24 posters

Bad feelings about online for Dark Souls 2

steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Bad feelings about online for Dark Souls 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad feelings about online for Dark Souls 2

Post by steveswede Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:56 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:I've run out of things to say already silly

Stevesweed: if thaw law wont take steps to enforce their rules, then why shouldn't developers/publishers? it's what that whole thing about PS4 maybe not playing used games is about.

I don't think you've grasped what I've just said. The European court ruled that we are allowed legally to sell our used digital games because it's our consumer right to do so. Game companies are a law to themselves and will make up sh!t just to milk as much money out of you as possible, even if it potentially cripples the final product. How many games are out there that have real world stuff bundled with it for free if you buy new from a retailer, or grant beta playthroughs if you purchase early. Not many. These are the ideas that should be used, not locking off features to just maximize profits. In the music industry, CD distributors put an additional cost on top of a CD to compensate the overall theft that a store has. Game companies already compensate the online cost by putting it on the price of the disc so they have already made sure that they don't suffer a loss in the long run, because it would be stupid to expect the online pass system to fully support online. This online pass is nothing but greed and companies have only followed suit because they know that they can get away with it.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Bad feelings about online for Dark Souls 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad feelings about online for Dark Souls 2

Post by steveswede Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:58 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Okay, so i'll ask you a question.

Is region locking really justifiable when it only reduces lag but it severly diminishes the online population?

As I've said already, I think not, but i wanna hear more perspectives on the matter really

I think you already know my answer. NO!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:03 pm

I want more than just a one word answer, this is a forum not an election slip lol!
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:04 pm

Steveswede: Who are you to decide whether a game is legitimately worth 60? Of course some/most games aren't(games that suck tend to have their prices plummet pretty fast), but I would honestly pay 60 or even more for Dark Souls. You can't just say the game is worth 30 and that they raised the price to 60 to protect themselves from theft, you have no way of knowing that. At least not until you've already played the game.

Your options are buy new on release, wait for the price to drop, or not buy the game at all. Games are a luxury, they can charge whatever they want for them.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:12 pm

If i physically own something i sell it as i please . Nothings going to stop me from doing that .
    Except if the Game is bound to an Account or something, then it is impossible anyway silly .

Also, one Pirated Game doesnt mean one less selled copy .
    Many Gamers wont buy the Game at full price if they cant get it Pirated .
    Its faulty thinking .

Anyway i would be all for regional Servers if you can choose which Server you want to join each Time you play Online . It would solve everything
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:13 pm

Please guys, get the thread on track or it's gonna get reported. There's a perfectly good thread for your discussion right here, or in PM would also be fine

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t16522-money-grubbing-sony

apologies to marino leaving your post bottom, here's the relevant part copied for you;
    Marino. wrote:Anyway i would be all for regional Servers if you can choose which Server you want to join each Time you play Online . It would solve everything

I wanna ask you marino, what do you mean by it would solve everything? How would being able to choose a server help the online when your online population has been crippled by limiting the online play to regions?

Surely i'd simply choose to play on the american server with the most people. which would completely derail the whole point of having region locking in the first place?

Last edited by Serious_Much on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:14 pm

Goddamnit bottom paged :|
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:15 pm

So.. I don't know much about servers... but, does "dedicated servers" automatically mean "region locked"?

Oh god, I feel like such a noob Prostration

Oh, and all these failed invasions/summonings suck hard!

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:16 pm

Apologies to marino leaving your post bottom, here's the relevant part copied for you;
    Marino. wrote:Anyway i would be all for regional Servers if you can choose which Server you want to join each Time you play Online . It would solve everything

I wanna ask you marino, what do you mean by it would solve everything? How would being able to choose a server help the online when your online population has been crippled by limiting the online play to regions?

Surely i'd simply choose to play on the american server with the most people. which would completely derail the whole point of having region locking in the first place? (I'm in europe just to say, the region that would get royally screwed by region locking if it does happen)
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:19 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Apologies to marino leaving your post bottom, here's the relevant part copied for you;

Surely i'd simply choose to play on the american server with the most people. which would completely derail the whole point of having region locking in the first place? (I'm in europe just to say, the region that would get royally screwed by region locking if it does happen)

Thats my question, why does "dedicated servers" translate to "region locked"? Does it have to be that way?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:23 pm

Well as you know, lag is caused by the distance the connection has to travel. It's not instant. The reason dedicated servers reduce lag is it puts people into servers based on their location to optimise online performance.

Thing is, i'd be all for it if the game shifted as many copies as stuff like COD, but iit doesn't. Not even close, so sadly it means even though we get better connections, we'll end up waited hours for summon signs to appear and will fight the same 2-3 guys over and over in pvp. At least thats the reality for me anyways. For you yanks and japanese players it'll be fine, but gaming isn't the force in Britain that it is in America and Japan
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:25 pm

Serious_Much wrote:

That is your Choice then .

Back in my Demons Days i had pretty good Online Play until everyone decided "let's go to America!" only after that the European servers were abandoned .

So really, its a community thing and if you have the Choice between lagless Server and lag Server you should choose the Lagless server after all we are the community so we have to Populate the servers.

I know this doesnt have to do with anything i wrote earlier . Thats were just the thoughts i had while typing this .
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:27 pm

So basically I could just choose to play wiith americans and it would be fine?

I'm down with that. The pros are happy because lag is reduced for the most part, im happy because i can still play online with relative ease.

By the way do you mean by choosing to play on american servers id have to purchase the american game too?
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:32 pm

Or the Americans could come over to our EU servers happy .

Most People are still stuck with the Idea that US servers = more Players and end up going to them and ultimately abandoning everything else which just strenghtens what i said above .

I dont know about you guys but i will stick to the EU servers if i have a choice .
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:33 pm

Serious_Much wrote:id have to purchase the american game new too?

FIFY

haha just kidding silly
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:37 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    By the way do you mean by choosing to play on american servers id have to purchase the american game too?

No, i mean choosing the Server in the Game .
    Have you ever played a MMO ?

You have a list of various Servers and can choose from them .
    In some Games like WoW it costs Money to change the Server you're playing on but i dont think it would be the case in Dark Souls .

Just like this :

Server 1
    Server 2
    Server 🤡

Choose server 2 and you play on server 2 .
    Next Day you can choose to play on server 🤡 .

That was my Idea Shrug
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:43 pm

I don't play MMO's, i don't have to the time to commit to gaming to be able to really, they're timesinks really.

But i see. That would be fine with me. As long as i could maintain a high online population i'd be happy.

Still though i'd rather have japanese guys available too, for some reason they all seem to play with really random cool builds and weapons. Last time iplayed i summoned a guy who was playing left handed.. and the left hand was demons hammer. I'd hate it if I had to just stick with the general tryhard american population (obviously I'm exaggerating, both countries have their fair share of quirks and unique build people, japan just have far more)
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:47 pm

Well, me neither but i kind of know how it works silly

And they are Japanese, Serious...what else do you expect from them silly ?

I would recommend you use the "random" option on the Character Planer .
    It will give you random Weapons and stats . Just stick with the Weapons and build your stats around them .
    Its a good way to shake things up a bit happy

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:49 pm

I think though that it's more a mentality of wanting to use something different than just randoming (i've done a couple of fun builds in the past), though if i want random and funny i guess they could make a server for it.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:53 pm

Then it just your creativity that sets the limits .
    But the Randomizer may cause a spark that makes you burst with creativity happy
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:55 pm

I IZ 2 BADAZ YH!?!

Might try it out sometime, though my gaming time is reduced at the moment due to work.. *** exams man
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:59 pm

What exactly are exams on the uni anyway ?

I only remember them from School and we had to i qoute "Use your own words to explain something" and i wasnt very fond of them .

Edit: No forget that i mistranslated your Post :oops:
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:01 pm

Well one I have to go into an anatomy lab and identify whatever they want me to.. and what that thing does etc..

Then i'll get questions on pathways of diseases and stuff...

I guess the closest thing you could get is biology/chemistry exams that you used to have in school
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:08 pm

I always hear german Students talk about "Exams" (the english term) and just didnt quite know what it meant silly
    So thanks for clearing that one up .

I only have a Middle School graduation if that makes sense to you .
    FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:09 pm

Ok, I'm confused. If it's region locked, I can't play with other countries?

What a load of crap, that's unfair sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:22 pm