Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
CappuccinoJak
Ghadis_God
kazumoshi
T-King-667
martyrsbrigade99
Rifter7
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
WyrmHero
TehInfamousAmos
Spurgun
Glutebrah
Phoenix Rising
The Letter X
EeAyEss
RedderAI
RANT
reim0027
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Jansports
Forum Pirate
Hydreigon11
User1
Juutas
27 posters

I'm having problems against few weapons (also share yours!)

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

I'm having problems against few weapons (also share yours!) - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm having problems against few weapons (also share yours!)

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:00 am

Dj-B-Man-Jr wrote:Are Spears really that bad? I've never enjoyed fighting them but for an opponent who uses the poke&roll tactic, couldn't you just raise your shield while walking toward them? They'll run out of stamina eventually...

I've been using a the Rapier and the Estoc almost exclusively for months now and I only have trouble with Katanas and Curved swords, mostly because of the stun lock if I miss my parry.

By the way, what are your counters to Thrusting swords? I haven't fought enough to really know, but the small number of the rapier vs rapier matches I've had have been some of the most fun I've ever had.
    Smart spear users use the mlbh. If you don't dodge, you take damage. HCSM, DB or CSS will also put a damper on the scythe running r1, which is irritating.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

I'm having problems against few weapons (also share yours!) - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm having problems against few weapons (also share yours!)

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:01 am

I deatangle the trutles and turtle the running r1 spam.

Either way takes patience
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:19 pm

there aren't many weapons that make me groan when i encounter them in PVP. it's when i encounter certain weapons combined with certain tactics that really makes my teeth grind.

the worst is when i see a Dragon Slayer Spear or Silver Knight Spear, because invariably the player will be roll poking their way through the entire bout. which is both annoying and extremely effective. not because i can't avoid being hit, but because i just can't seem to hit them and i always lose my patience.

the next would be rapier class weapons, because i know that they will be endlessly fishing for those hornet ring backstabs and parries. not as effective as roll pokers, but just as frustrating to fight against. besides, losing to a laggy backstab really gets my hackles up (doesn't happen every time, but when it does…grrrrrr).

that phantom range on the rolling R1 attacks of great club users is also frustrating to deal with. they always seem to connect even though i am doing my best to stay a good distance from them. by the gawds! how do you not get hit by damnable thing!
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:20 pm

Nybbles wrote:the worst is when i see a Dragon Slayer Spear or Silver Knight Spear, because invariably the player will be roll poking their way through the entire bout. which is both annoying and extremely effective. not because i can't avoid being hit, but because i just can't seem to hit them and i always lose my patience.

i am totally guilty of doing this lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:47 pm