Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Ghadis_God
Sloth9230
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Seignar
8 posters

How to work a Jack-of-all-trades build...?

Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

How to work a Jack-of-all-trades build...? Empty How to work a Jack-of-all-trades build...?

Post by Seignar Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:17 pm

Click
    Tittle says it all. How should I go about this? I think stat distribution is fine, this character has access to all low and mid-tier Sorceries and Miracles and is capable of using any weapon (Thanks to DEX not having requirements over 25). The spell problem can be compensated by the standard Oolacile items and dark bead, naturally. Miracles would be fine due to Thoruland Talisman and all that.

But yeah, not every day someone asks for advice on how to go about a Jack build. What do you say?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

How to work a Jack-of-all-trades build...? Empty Re: How to work a Jack-of-all-trades build...?

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:43 pm

If you're going for this you might as well try to make an Artorias Sword build.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

How to work a Jack-of-all-trades build...? Empty Re: How to work a Jack-of-all-trades build...?

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:44 pm

Your probably going to want a raw weapon if you wish to use enchantments, that or the obsidian greatsword. Elemental gargoyle halberds are aslo very good if your comfortable with them.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:13 pm

You'll suffer with most weapons if you only have 25 Dex. If you want a jack of all trades build, you should use base Str/Dex and elemental weapons, then bump Int/faith so you have viable casting. Like this, you'll be outmatched at pretty much everything.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:30 pm

But having base STR/Dex would limit my weapon choices, hampering my capabilities to adapt to situations. The 18/24 INT/FAI is helpful because it lets me cast most utility magic and some minor offensive moves. Any higher and I would be entering concentration territory.

The best I can do is lower the DEX to 20 so I still have access to PGS (my sweet, sweet PGS) and maybe STR to 19 so I can still use Murakumo or Great Club and the Zweihander. What would you suggest to be the break points?
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:32 pm

I had something that could use a variety of weapons (Anything up to 28 STR or 14 DEX and 12 lbs, IIRC), had 53 poise, a suitable amount of health (~1500 I think), and had 28 faith and 50 intelligence, using w/e catalyst you want and Velka's Talisman. Not much dex to boost casting speed, but it could cast any spell in the game and use most weapons from every class except Greataxe, I think.

Then DWGR got nerfed. This is the best I can do now.

Of course depending on personal preference you could probably improve it. You might not care for such heavy weapons, or whatever. Lower Intelligence to 44, bring Vitality up. Etc. Whatever floats your boat.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:53 pm

Saturday-Saint wrote:I had something that could use a variety of weapons (Anything up to 28 STR or 14 DEX and 12 lbs, IIRC), had 53 poise, a suitable amount of health (~1500 I think), and had 28 faith and 50 intelligence, using w/e catalyst you want and Velka's Talisman. Not much dex to boost casting speed, but it could cast any spell in the game and use most weapons from every class except Greataxe, I think.

Then DWGR got nerfed. This is the best I can do now.

Of course depending on personal preference you could probably improve it. You might not care for such heavy weapons, or whatever. Lower Intelligence to 44, bring Vitality up. Etc. Whatever floats your boat.

level 100 is a pretty tough restriction for a jack of all trades sort of build…i think whatdoesthependantdo has the right idea though, i would also go for an Artorias style build
    http://mmdks.com/h0z
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:55 pm

Not total base, I mean minimum requirements for the weapons you want to use. There's no point using scaling if you don't have 40 in the required stat, was my point. Decide before you roll the build which weapons you want to use, and get the minimum requirements for them. For example, why the PGS? It's shorter and weaker than other curved swords without max scaling, why not just use a Falchion?
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:08 am

Falchion does not bleed.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:09 am

Best way to make a Jack of All Trades build is to split it into multiple builds. silly

I used to have a very similar build to that (named it Jack, too!), Str, Dex, Int, Fth, and all, that I made for Yukon's Roulette Duels. But it just ended up coming short in so many ways (most importantly: sacrifice Vit and End for the Int and Fth, which means less health, defense, poise, and possibly mobility too). In the end, I felt the Int and Fth didn't justify all those shortcomings, at all.

I know it's not what you asked, but my recommendation would be to either sacrifice a few weapons in order to be able to lower some of your minimum wielding stats (a compromise, and still leaves you underpowered) or to forget about the One Jack of All build and to make multiple builds instead. A Quality build, Dex-Int, and Str-Fth will be able to wield all the weapons, and will end up being a helluva lot stronger--it'll just be 3 builds instead of 1!
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:45 am

I'd say learn to menu swap and have atleast 3 weapons per slot preset.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:11 am

All your posts are welcome, but currently, this is the planned build (in all its shameless glory)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:33 pm