Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+136
DemonDrink
KrazykevS10
User1
GaryBlevins
Dutchy
TheBigLebowski
WaLKA
Bigbrodeur
Mikutow
Sanhedrim
Dalerik
Dilaudid281
sicktwist
Rona
SenseOfSecurity
SpecialNewb
ak1287
Hugh_G_Johnson
Bearded Dragon
danfts
gmwdim
Frank_White
Archandes
samster628
argetlam213
Corporal Hart
Mike5005005
KingSeekerCow
Cepzeu
emraluces
Flankydizzle
Animaaal
jp09
Garl_Vinland
Kuragari
FattyOfDoom
GenericUsername
MosquitoPower
Hydreigon11
Gyonimizotetsu
Ashran
Shkar
PlasticandRage
messremb
Artorias The Abyss Walker
denleigh
vereornox
Oh_the_Humanity
Deathsitexxi
Snuggles
Wilkinson3424
Fossil
Krasouski
Sargerus
ComaPrison
Kyōkai
JeragiusTheSlayer
hageshisa
Forum Pirate
Nessima017
Mr. Tart
CaptanSpudsy
Nybbles
Zakkia
aprilmanha
gaarafrednorris
Slarg232
hqboy
Tomhet
Myztyrio
befowler
The_Burning Cross
DE5PA1R
bosslugger
MasterofShadows
BeeSeaEss
GTP_Zodicus
dragonbeast6
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
exod FEAR
Acarnatia
Reyl
GrinTwist
Solid Knight
GkMrBane
OmarTheFuzzy
Macromute
carlucio
Xero
Halicarnassis
SetaSensei
Sloth9230
ViralEnsign_
User
tofucactaur
Rudmed
Marino.
WandererReece
Serious_Much
ZoltarTheDestroyer
Tolvo
XKnightArtoriasX
Buggy Virus
Djem
Fotitudo
Juutas
>Brave<
Infighter
passivefamiliar
MagisterM
Aevun
Saturday-Saint
eminusx
The Grand Confessor
raecor14
mr_no_face
XachAttack
ublug
Onion Knight
Hyena
Seignar
defacto
The Letter X
PwnasauresRex
RANT
Reaperfan
Phoenix Rising
Soris Ice Goldwing
ChizFreak
Noob-of-Artorias
Pucko
Avenger649
callipygias
tinypantha
MyAwesomeAfro
T-King-667
140 posters

Dark souls 2: Wishlist

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Dark souls 2: Wishlist - Page 5 Empty Re: Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Post by ChizFreak Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:25 pm

mr_no_face wrote:MIMICS NEED TO BE RANDOMIZED

Too harsh. I want somekind of unique (to area, I mean 1 per area), roaming enemy. Like Black Knights were meant for DkS. Just imagine a Black Knight randomly roaming in an area. That's cool. It would also a bit of randomness to the game, which I believe is what you want.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:36 pm

Mimics being random and random roaming enemies ...why not . nothing is tooooo harsh ya know i was just tired of ROUTINE gameplay
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:08 pm

First, I haven't read the whole thread. I only read the first page. I would like to apologize for any repeats that I type.

Assuming they keep dragon weapons, I would like a dragon spear, dragon curved sword or great curved sword, and a dragon shield.

I noticed only strength weapons have special abilities. The only non strength weapons with them are the Moonlight Greatsword and Dragonslayer Spear. I want dexterity weapons that have special abilities.

I also noticed in Demons' Souls only faith had pure magic weapons. In Dark Souls only inteligence had pure magic weapons. I want both faith and intelligence to have pure magic weapons.

Intelligence always had a catalyst that halfs spell castings. I want a talisman that also does this.

I noticed sorceries is the only magic in the game without area effect spells. I want this to get some.

Faith has 3 covenents (4 if you include gravelord.) Phyro has 1 covenent. Intelligence needs a covenent.

I noticed sorceries are the only magic that doesn't have spells that cost 2 slots. I want sorceries that need more than one slot.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:10 pm

Technically, the DLC featured Dark Fog and Pursuers, which was AoE and 2 slots respectively.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:17 pm

i think a lot more weapons need magical abilities other than just dragon oriented weapons maybe a ghost sword that reaches farther than it appears
    ZoltarTheDestroyer

Post by ZoltarTheDestroyer Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:19 pm

defacto wrote:
    ZoltarTheDestroyer wrote:
    Tolvo wrote:
    Buggy Virus wrote:Oh yeah, phantoms should put themselves at much more risk when invading as well. Perhaps singular invasions costing them souls to perform. And a penalty for losing.

Perhaps using the Dark System. Like dying while human as hosting, you become hollow if you lose. This being avoided if you are summoned by a dueling stone. So invading, for killing players has its risks. While not getting in the way of people who just want to duel.
    Where are these noble players who "just want to duel"? Out of every one hundred times I'm invaded, maybe one will bow, and or not run away, thus not being a waste of my time. Everyone else looks to kill me in the cheapest/fastest way possible. With by the way, no penalty. So its feasable for an invader to invade for hours interrupting countless playthroughs, but without any risk whatsoever. This needs to change.

You know if there is a penalty no one will risk bowing, they will be even cheaper than before.

I don't really see why there needs to be a penalty for invading. It's set up to encourage people to coop and PvP as much as possible. You don't want a situation where no one wants to invade because it's too risky.

But if they did what was suggested I would hope humanity became super easy to farm and was more plentiful. It would suck to have to go farm more humanity just to keep PvPing.
    You're not approching this with an open mind. You are obviously an invader, but try to look at both sides of this. As I've stated before, I've put hundreds of hours into dark souls, and its a rare occurance to see your invader bowing. As to getting cheaper than before, Im sure thats not possible. How can you get cheaper than specing out a level fifteen character with the best armor and weapons with the intention of killing new players? Try starting a new character and going through undead burg. Im sure its hilarious to the person invading, but when only one side has something to lose every time, its a bit unfair dont you think? And lets be honest, no will stop invading either way, but you will have to think before you do.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:23 pm

Shorter paths that connect the Levels or better yet, a Hub System like in Demons .
    Do you remember ever having to run for five Minutes to get somewhwere in Demons Souls ? Nope
    It would save time and add fun happy

Other than that they should surprise me .
    They are developers for a reason because what the Fans want is often not what the Fans want .
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:25 pm

defacto wrote:
    Tolvo wrote:
    Buggy Virus wrote:Oh yeah, phantoms should put themselves at much more risk when invading as well. Perhaps singular invasions costing them souls to perform. And a penalty for losing.

Perhaps using the Dark System. Like dying while human as hosting, you become hollow if you lose. This being avoided if you are summoned by a dueling stone. So invading, for killing players has its risks. While not getting in the way of people who just want to duel.
    Where are these noble players who "just want to duel"? Out of every one hundred times I'm invaded, maybe one will bow, and or not run away, thus not being a waste of my time. Everyone else looks to kill me in the cheapest/fastest way possible. With by the way, no penalty. So its feasable for an invader to invade for hours interrupting countless playthroughs, but without any risk whatsoever. This needs to change.

You know if there is a penalty no one will risk bowing, they will be even cheaper than before.

I don't really see why there needs to be a penalty for invading. It's set up to encourage people to coop and PvP as much as possible. You don't want a situation where no one wants to invade because it's too risky.

But if they did what was suggested I would hope humanity became super easy to farm and was more plentiful. It would suck to have to go farm more humanity just to keep PvPing.
    You're not approching this with an open mind. You are obviously an invader, but try to look at both sides of this. As I've stated before, I've put hundreds of hours into dark souls, and its a rare occurance to see your invader bowing. As to getting cheaper than before, Im sure thats not possible. How can you get cheaper than specing out a level fifteen character with the best armor and weapons with the intention of killing new players? Try starting a new character and going through undead burg. Im sure its hilarious to the person invading, but when only one side has something to lose every time, its a bit unfair dont you think? And lets be honest, no will stop invading either way, but you will have to think before you do.

Join the way of the white?
    ZoltarTheDestroyer

Post by ZoltarTheDestroyer Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:29 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:
    defacto wrote:
    Tolvo wrote:

Which AGAIN falls on the person being invaded.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:41 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:
    defacto wrote:
    Tolvo wrote:

Or don't go human?
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:46 pm

a hub like nexus defeats the purpose of an open world game
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:53 pm

mr_no_face wrote:a hub like nexus defeats the purpose of an open world game

I dislike open world in general since the Level Design tends to suffer from it .

Also whats the difference between walking from one Point to another to get to the Action and just starting at the Action ?

Answer : 5 Minutes
    You can have tons of secrets in hub based levels too AND have better Level Design on top of it .

Just compare Boletarian Palace 1-1 and 1-2 to the Undead Burg .
    Dark Souls Level Design really suffered from the Open World system .

WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:55 pm

Seignar wrote:Technically, the DLC featured Dark Fog and Pursuers, which was AoE and 2 slots respectively.

Sorry, I don't have the DLC, so I don't know a lot about dark sorceries. I just know how to dodge them and that they do a lot of damage.
    ZoltarTheDestroyer

Post by ZoltarTheDestroyer Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:56 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:
    Buggy Virus wrote:
    defacto wrote:
    Tolvo wrote:

Or don't go human?
    So its ok in your view to comprimise the experiences of people who want to play cooperatively for players who want to invade? Its like someone breaking into your house, stealing everything you have, with no threat of jail time. Look, I have yet to hear a valid reason why this system should remain one sided in favor of the person invading your world.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:58 pm

Geez guys stop overqouting already .
    Its hurting my Eyes :|
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:59 pm

Invaders are designed to balance the game when dealing with summons. Griefers ruin it for everyone of course. But they wanted invaders to actually present a barrier to Co-Op, a risk for the reward.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:01 pm

anyone else remember when dark souls was first coming out the creative director or some one said " if you can see it you can walk to it" i want this to be legitimately true in dark souls 2
    ZoltarTheDestroyer

Post by ZoltarTheDestroyer Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:03 pm

Marino. wrote:Geez guys stop overqouting already .
    Its hurting my Eyes :|
    Its a good discussion- your eyes will be ok, I assure you.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:10 pm

Post n°114

THAT IS STUPID! There should be a rule aginst putting that many quotes on one post. The quote system was made to copy one quote (Thats why it's called "quote" not "quotes"). It was not made to copy an entire conversation.
    ZoltarTheDestroyer

Post by ZoltarTheDestroyer Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:11 pm

Tolvo wrote:Invaders are designed to balance the game when dealing with summons. Griefers ruin it for everyone of course. But they wanted invaders to actually present a barrier to Co-Op, a risk for the reward.
    Man, so many of you guys are just blowing smoke... So far I've heard that invaders have nobility, they should be allowed to invade indefinitely without consecquence, and now I'm hearing that there invasions actually balance the game. Interesting, especially since I have never said there shouldnt be invasions. All I've said is that there should be a risk involved while invading. And I'm posting on a wishlist thread, calling someone a "griefer" for not having views in line with yours is childish.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:16 pm

Please keep this Civil guys, dont want to report it .
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:34 pm

Some invaders follow a form of ethics, some don't. I was the one who suggest a suitable risk also, so I don't understand why I'm being quoted in that regards.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:38 pm

Better free aiming. I don't want to see my lighting bolt of power go five feet in front of me and completely miss the enemy.

.....anyone else hate it when that happens?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:40 pm

It would be nice to aim like with a bow when using Crossbows or Spells. Though, that could present certain issue. 360 No Scope Crystal Soul Spears...Already possible though.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:48 pm

I dont know about Crossbows, because if you can aim a Crossbow like a ordinary Bow then why use a ordinary Bow ?

Magic is already Powerfull and if you would be able to aim that too...
    No i think it would break too many things to be honest

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:06 am