Dark souls 2: Wishlist

ZoltarTheDestroyer

Re: Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Post by ZoltarTheDestroyer on Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:48 pm

From what I've read so far, the majority of people on this forum are concerned about online related issues with dark sous 2 i.e. player vs. player and cooperative play. I on the other hand value the difficulty of the core game itself, with online used as a way of extending the game beyond the final boss. With that said, I would like an increased level of difficulty accross all enemies and bosses, as well as dynamic encounters, random quests, and much more optional story lines. For weapons I think its important to incorporate visual elemental effects, as in a flame weapon being on fire. It would be interesting to get covenant specific armour that requires you to be an active member to where it- with more reward for ascending within the covenant. And lastly, online needs to be more risk/reward based- instead of one player with souls and time to lose, and the other able to invade at there own discretion without repercussion. For example, invaders in dark souls spend hours building there armor up to its strongest level while taking there build and level into consideration. Well if said player is willing to invade with such armor- like any other enemy in the game, they must be willing to give up any piece or all pieces, if and when they are killed.
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:19 pm

I posted this every thread similar to this one.

NECROMANCY and the ability/spell/whatever to summon Non-player allies (not Summon signs, but just mobs that die fast and can be summoned again, also people that can be summoned offline like Solaire just help you with the boss).

Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs

PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:23 pm

invaders losing their equipment upon failing to kil a target would ruin the game. say you just got a special piece of armor that you can only obtain in one play through. you wear it invade fail and lose it ... fml moment ya know

mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:25 pm

fire hazards and bombs and such would be a great concept to expand on ..maybe oil traps . have oil not only for lanterns to fill but use it to pour into a tap

Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:29 pm

Oh yeah, phantoms should put themselves at much more risk when invading as well. Perhaps singular invasions costing them souls to perform. And a penalty for losing.

Positive votes received : 80
    Negative votes received : 74
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:34 pm

or just make it so when you die as an invader your blood stain is thrown out there to search for throughout the area

Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:35 pm

On the topic of fire hazards:

A pyromancy like toxic surge called oil surge, which the player sprays oil around the area which will then catch fire if touched by a ignition source.

And on necromancy, I feel they should open up the magic system to a fourth path, curse/necromancy, which uses "daggers" for catalysts. And base it like pyromancy, maybe include a mix of low faith/intellect requirements, but the point of which is that it costs HP to perform sorceries.

I think it would have a fitting place by moving some existing sorceries that don't make a ton of sense into it, such as poison/acid mists and the like, undead rapport, gravelord swords dance. Also a few more interesting things could be added, like the ability to summon friendly NPCs/mobs, the ability to leave hexes on the ground that kind of operate like traps, the ability to raise breakable barriers in specific spots or generally around you, cast curses that bind you and other online players with differing affects, sacrifice friendlies in order to increase your own power, or sacrifice your own health constantly to buff an ally, resurrect dead enemies that leave corpses, confuse enemies, detect enemies. Lots of trade off stuff like that.

ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:38 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:On the topic of fire hazards:

A pyromancy like toxic surge called oil surge, which the player sprays oil around the area which will then catch fire if touched by a ignition source.

And on necromancy, I feel they should open up the magic system to a fourth path, curse/necromancy, which uses "daggers" for catalysts. And base it like pyromancy, maybe include a mix of low faith/intellect requirements, but the point of which is that it costs HP to perform sorceries.

I think it would have a fitting place by moving some existing sorceries that don't make a ton of sense into it, such as poison/acid mists and the like, undead rapport, gravelord swords dance. Also a few more interesting things could be added, like the ability to summon friendly NPCs/mobs, the ability to leave hexes on the ground that kind of operate like traps, the ability to raise breakable barriers in specific spots or generally around you, cast curses that bind you and other online players with differing affects, sacrifice friendlies in order to increase your own power, or sacrifice your own health constantly to buff an ally, resurrect dead enemies that leave corpses, confuse enemies, detect enemies. Lots of trade off stuff like that.

Instead of all that troubles just for igniting one place it would be better to add environmental objects that when interacted with/attacked cause effects like that, or just add a Flame Wall pyromancy.

Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs

PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:41 pm

ChizFreak wrote:

Instead of all that troubles just for igniting one place it would be better to add environmental objects that when interacted with/attacked cause effects like that, or just add a Flame Wall pyromancy.

I don't see why you can't add both, I mean, we are just spitballing here. I just think it would be an interesting idea, and useful in some situations, lending to a greater ability to build traps.

mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:44 pm

it would make more since to have an item with oil rather than spewing oil out of a catalyst or your face ya know lol but yes necromancy i believe would be a great addition. summon skeletons to fight or sacrifice half your health to curse your enemy and raise breakable barries like piles of bones or something tactical

Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:44 pm

fire hazards and bombs and such would be a great concept to expand on
    ..maybe oil traps . have oil not only for lanterns to fill but use it to
    pour into a tap
    Yeah, like I said on the previous page, they really should make a return on explosive barrels, maybe even give them a knockback this time so they could make more bridge shenanigans. Fire is a great -and realistic- way to open shortcuts and make deathtraps alike as well as simply getting more creative, like I had given the example of causing frenzy or using it to make a fire that you could use as an environmental aid. I would like to see them use this both ways such as dreglings using firebombs to light sticks so they can use them as torches or burning ropes on hanging bridges to either kill you or block your path; which does actually promote branching paths if you think about the possibility of losing 1 path.

It gives a lot of strategy and fun experimentation for both player and invader alike, as well as balancing. The whole "I am immune to this" doesn't quite cut it sometimes. The infected dreglings in the painted world were a perfect example of how to use fire as a strategy, as you could burn them to prevent them from exploding and inflicting toxin. Of course, in this case I would like them to explode if you use fire on them...

On another note, Lightning would also be pretty fun to work with if they decide to add some more Lightning enemies and some more water levels in which they appear.

But really, fire could be expanded on and enemies could be a little bit more reactive to damage types.

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:47 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:Oh yeah, phantoms should put themselves at much more risk when invading as well. Perhaps singular invasions costing them souls to perform. And a penalty for losing.

Perhaps using the Dark System. Like dying while human as hosting, you become hollow if you lose. This being avoided if you are summoned by a dueling stone. So invading, for killing players has its risks. While not getting in the way of people who just want to duel.
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:49 pm

water areas and lightning bolts/arrows always fun maybe buy flask or oil or water to spread strategically and use corrosponding elements to make them hazardous like lightning on water traps or fire on oil

ZoltarTheDestroyer

Post by ZoltarTheDestroyer on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:51 pm

Yes to everything you mentioned. As long as it was balanced properly, with the best of the abilities being extremely hard to obtain, I see this as a perfect addition to the game. Hexes? Thats perfect.
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:00 pm

mr_no_face wrote:it would make more since to have an item with oil rather than spewing oil out of a catalyst or your face ya know lol but yes necromancy i believe would be a great addition. summon skeletons to fight or sacrifice half your health to curse your enemy and raise breakable barries like piles of bones or something tactical

Well the "oil" surge was just based upon the idea that players already spur strange toxic things from their mouths, I wasn't suggesting that it necessarily be oil, just flammable.

ZoltarTheDestroyer

Post by ZoltarTheDestroyer on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:00 pm

Tolvo wrote:
    Buggy Virus wrote:Oh yeah, phantoms should put themselves at much more risk when invading as well. Perhaps singular invasions costing them souls to perform. And a penalty for losing.

Perhaps using the Dark System. Like dying while human as hosting, you become hollow if you lose. This being avoided if you are summoned by a dueling stone. So invading, for killing players has its risks. While not getting in the way of people who just want to duel.
    Where are these noble players who "just want to duel"? Out of every one hundred times I'm invaded, maybe one will bow, and or not run away, thus not being a waste of my time. Everyone else looks to kill me in the cheapest/fastest way possible. With by the way, no penalty. So its feasable for an invader to invade for hours interrupting countless playthroughs, but without any risk whatsoever. This needs to change.
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:02 pm

ZoltarTheDestroyer wrote:

Yes to everything you mentioned. As long as it was balanced properly, with the best of the abilities being extremely hard to obtain, I see this as a perfect addition to the game. Hexes? Thats perfect.

Oh I thought about this earlier, I felt that it would be interesting if this fourth area of sorcery was only useable if cursed.

And oh yeah, a buff on weapons that adds low curse.

Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:03 pm

Tolvo wrote:

Where are these noble players who "just want to duel"? Out of every one hundred times I'm invaded, maybe one will bow, and or not run away, thus not being a waste of my time. Everyone else looks to kill me in the cheapest/fastest way possible. With by the way, no penalty. So its feasable for an invader to invade for hours interrupting countless playthroughs, but without any risk whatsoever. This needs to change.

that's why tolvo said invaders should have to deal with becoming hollow and losing humanity should they lose. That would help to add a risk, but I think something more would also be better. A soul penalty would be interesting.

ZoltarTheDestroyer

Post by ZoltarTheDestroyer on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:25 pm

I'm not sure if this idea is good or not, but here it goes. Dark souls has three covenant tiers- good, nuetral, and evil. Well the way it stands now, you can go from the way of the white to dark wraith without anything in between. Well assuming they keep covenants in the game, what do you all think about having to proform quests corresponding to the covenant you're joining before actually joining? For example, if your last covenant was good and you're looking to join an evil covenant, you would have to complete a bunch of nonspecified 'evil' tasks to 'erase' your ties to the good covenant. Like killing the leader of your previous covenant for example. This would add much more weight to the descision of joining covenants.
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:28 pm

ZoltarTheDestroyer wrote:I'm not sure if this idea is good or not, but here it goes. Dark souls has three covenant tiers- good, nuetral, and evil. Well the way it stands now, you can go from the way of the white to dark wraith without anything in between. Well assuming they keep covenants in the game, what do you all think about having to proform quests corresponding to the covenant you're joining before actually joining? For example, if your last covenant was good and you're looking to join an evil covenant, you would have to complete a bunch of nonspecified 'evil' tasks to 'erase' your ties to the good covenant. Like killing the leader of your previous covenant for example. This would add much more weight to the descision of joining covenants.

I think this would be better implemented as covenant specific quests, such as Dark Wraiths actively sending you to kill Gwyndolin to further rank up.

mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:32 pm

i agree with that idea but remember dark souls isn't like elder scroll or any other quest based game so its would be odd seeing SOOO many "quests" rather than decisions in the essence of joining a side or just playing through the game its mostly about thhe brutality of the boss fight rather than the quests that you can play

Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:34 pm

More weapon classes. Poles (not pole arms, we have em already) might be fun or maybe development of dual wielding weapons or weapons you have to 2 hand etc

A hybrid magic system. You up faith/intelligence for slots and power, attunement for mp. You use up mp with using spells, but means you could use like 6-8 soul spears, but then have no mp left. No mp regen between bonfires but equips to increase power would be fine. Would make spell usage more interesting as could choose to spend on big spells or use on smaller ones to deal with regular mobs.

More bosses that are small but fast, too many are big and cumbersome, I want variety.

Possibly another magic type, though only if it doesn't start getting ridiculous

Every boss yields a soul that can be traded or used for weapons or magic, boss weapons to be better again

Half health in hollow for and cling ring

More npc interactions/stories and optional extras

Covenants are more important, more goodies for each and real penalties for betrayal as well as proper commitment needed.

Everything else same as dark souls, no easy mode, no massive patronising explanations or sign posting.

Last edited by Serious_Much on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:39 pm

MIMICS NEED TO BE RANDOMIZED

defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:44 pm

Tolvo wrote:

You know if there is a penalty no one will risk bowing, they will be even cheaper than before.

I don't really see why there needs to be a penalty for invading. It's set up to encourage people to coop and PvP as much as possible. You don't want a situation where no one wants to invade because it's too risky.

But if they did what was suggested I would hope humanity became super easy to farm and was more plentiful. It would suck to have to go farm more humanity just to keep PvPing.
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar on Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:21 pm

I kind of what to agreed with Serious on the MP system. As long as it has no regeneration it would balance out the magic system, although I would have no quarrel if they stay with the slot system.

On magic types, I think, like what happened with Magic in DeS with fire, that sorceries and Dark Sorceries should be split. It is a very interesting concept, heavy magic. I think that Dark Sorceries should have 3 characteristics:

1) Their damage should scale with your base STR to give STR and edge over DEX (The cast times are unaffected by DEX), but the damage from these sorceries are split damage and the magic damage scales with magical adjustment (Which scales with INT)
    2) The ferocity of the blow or how much stamina/poise damage in inflicts is dependent on your STR, including if the catalyst is 2H. Capped Dark Sorceries can actually send opponents flying and knock back the mightiest of shields.
    3) Casting Dark Magic has a recoil or knockback on the user, due to it feeling like firing a strong bullet (The catalyst should be like the Pyromancy glove so it makes sense that it blew you away and not your weapon). The recoil can be resisted with poise.

What this means is that STR builds will have access to weaker magic that can be used to stunlock or push away incoming threats, allowing them to make do for their slowness.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:32 am