Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
BeeSeaEss
Halicarnassis
Jovias-86
theznake
ChizFreak
Acarnatia
FruitPunchNinja
BoggedBox
barrywilkins
reim0027
PlasticandRage
billy_bayonet
RedderAI
T-King-667
Ghadis_God
Carphil
TehInfamousAmos
Lord of Ash
Ahhotep1
Emergence
Spurgun
User
bunnywink
27 posters

TOURNAMENT OF THE UNDEAD (EVENT)

billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

TOURNAMENT OF THE UNDEAD (EVENT) - Page 6 Empty Re: TOURNAMENT OF THE UNDEAD (EVENT)

Post by billy_bayonet Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:14 am

tarkus dont or tarkus cant?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

TOURNAMENT OF THE UNDEAD (EVENT) - Page 6 Empty Re: TOURNAMENT OF THE UNDEAD (EVENT)

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:17 am

billy_bayonet wrote:tarkus dont or tarkus cant?

Standard rules of grammar don't apply to Tarkus. He's too bad* for that.

Edit: Alright. I'm ready to go.

And, again, if anybody needs any help doing any of this, hit me up.
    Mr.Pickle
    Mr.Pickle

Post by Mr.Pickle Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:49 am

So I don't want to sound rude, but I'm having a lot of difficulty understanding why back stabs aren't allowed when parries and riposts are, especially in a tournament setting.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:53 am

Mr.Pickle wrote:So I don't want to sound rude, but I'm having a lot of difficulty understanding why back stabs aren't allowed when parries and riposts are, especially in a tournament setting.

BS's can be cheesed, and chained, and lag can be taken advantage of even by accident, whereas parry/reposts require some form of skill in most circumstances.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:23 am

billy_bayonet wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:So if I wanted to do a standard knightly knight for this my equipment to choose from can be found where?

lol viral did you see that fly past, that was the point....and you missed it!!!!
    the idea is you use whateva your gear leaving the undead asylum is, no upgrade no rings

Oh because I kinda like the regular longsword more so than the Broadsword simply for aesthetics but if I have to use the starting gear then I will..... Damn its gonna be hard doing a run to the painted world at SL 5...
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:39 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    billy_bayonet wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:So if I wanted to do a standard knightly knight for this my equipment to choose from can be found where?

lol viral did you see that fly past, that was the point....and you missed it!!!!
    the idea is you use whateva your gear leaving the undead asylum is, no upgrade no rings

Oh because I kinda like the regular longsword more so than the Broadsword simply for aesthetics but if I have to use the starting gear then I will..... Damn its gonna be hard doing a run to the painted world at SL 5...

All of us who have prepared are in your SL range for co-op and have the areas unlocked now. So if you want to make it easier on yourself just ask.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:24 am

Plastic you are a Lord amongst Chosen Undead
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:46 am

Yeah Viral, I already got all my **** too, as well as billy. Any of us can help you out with coop.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:32 am

Haha. I do my best.

It's actually not as bad as I originally thought it would be. You've been playing for just as long as we have. I'm sure you won't have any issues. I ended up having fun with it, like a new DkS problem to be solved.

Honestly I think the only part that gave me any trouble was the area with the iron boar in the parish. Pretty much everything in there was killing me with one or two hits, and there's just so many enemies to aggro in there.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:01 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:
    Honestly I think the only part that gave me any trouble was the area with the iron boar in the parish. Pretty much everything in there was killing me with one or two hits, and there's just so many enemies to aggro in there.

Since patch, I just run from them. When you aggro the boar, run to the stairs in the right, then jump to the gate. The hollow will close it and you will be safe from most enemies. Later you can open it again.

Before patch that was not possible because the hollow would close it everytime, but now he got lazy
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:04 pm

It's been possible before as well. I've always just run up the stairs to the right and jumped down to the gate.
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:55 pm

Just two more days to sign up! Viral, you in?!

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:11 pm

Carphil wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:

Since patch, I just run from them. When you aggro the boar, run to the stairs in the right, then jump to the gate. The hollow will close it and you will be safe from most enemies. Later you can open it again.

Before patch that was not possible because the hollow would close it everytime, but now he got lazy

I do the same thing, I just managed to get really unlucky in there. The first time I did exactly what you described, but two of the hollows got in as I was closing the gate, and I took a couple of hits, and then got killed by the Balder Knights in the next room, who, btw, can be absolutely relentless when they gang up on you and you have no HP, and because I hadn't rested at the next bonfire, I was sent back to the Sunlight Altar fire, and was locked out of the area past the boar this time because I'd already closed the portcullis myself. So I had to do it the normal way.

The Catacombs can be pretty rough at SL3 also. I used my usual trick, and gnabbed the Astora's SS early, so I could go in and make fire weapons as early as possible, and the skeletons in there don't mess around with you at such a low SL.

If nothing else, this low SL run has taught me that the Hand Axe is awesome. I ripped through Sen's Fortress and Anor Londo with it. Just tore the sentinels and serpent men right up. It's quick and breaks poise decently, takes very little stamina to swing, weighs practically nothing, and requires just as little to use. I love it. I wouldn't recommend it for high SL usage, but it's spectacular for what I was using it for.
    theznake
    theznake
    Casual
    Casual

Post by theznake Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:32 pm

Guys, i'm sorry but i won't be able to join the tournament 😢 i'll be traveling this weekend and won't be near a console for about three weeks...it's a shame, but maybe some other time.

See ya!
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:39 pm

How'd you use Astora's sword Plastic? it takes 10/10/14, and no starting class has those stats.
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:42 pm

2H?

And theznake, sorry to hear that!
    theznake
    theznake
    Casual
    Casual

Post by theznake Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:48 pm

The problem whit Astora's sword is the faith req, use it for backstabbing or riposting
    theznake
    theznake
    Casual
    Casual

Post by theznake Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:48 pm

bunnywink wrote:2H?

Yeah, it's a shame sad
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:52 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:Haha. I do my best.

It's actually not as bad as I originally thought it would be. You've been playing for just as long as we have. I'm sure you won't have any issues. I ended up having fun with it, like a new DkS problem to be solved.

Im two months rusty with my DKS....I beginning to forget where things are and how to avoid traps....
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:53 pm

I'll sign up but gimme a day to get through DKS!
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:01 pm

bunnywink wrote:2H?

The only class with 14 faith is the Cleric, who doesn't start with enough dexterity to use it even 2h. A starting class shouldn't be able to use it without leveling up.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:28 pm

Are you guys saying we dont have to stick to starting class weapons but we have to keep them unupgraded?

E.G- Is it okay to substitute a stronger weapon for a weaker or a lame looking shield for a cooler one with the same stats?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:34 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:How'd you use Astora's sword Plastic? it takes 10/10/14, and no starting class has those stats.

If you have a weapon's base requirements for STR and DEX, you can wield it with the proper moveset, but it won't do the regular amount of damage, and will rebound, as if you'd hit a high deflect shield, on every swing that connects. So I take it into the Catacombs, and use it as a secondary equip in my weapon hand, do all the damage with my regular weapon up until they're about to die, then land the killing blow with Astora's. Even though it's not doing full damage, it's still doing holy damage, and as long as you land the last hit with it, the skeletons will go down for good.

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Are you guys saying we dont have to stick to starting class weapons but we have to keep them unupgraded?

E.G-
    Is it okay to substitute a stronger weapon for a weaker or a lame
    looking shield for a cooler one with the same stats?

No, you have to use either your exact starting equips, totally un-upgraded, or substitute in the Broken Sword Hilt, for the tournament itself, but you can use whatever you want to get yourself to the RSS and the place where the tournament will be held. So long as you don't level your toon or upgrade any of your starting equips.

I actually upgraded my starting equips anyway though, and then just ran up into Blighttown when I got there and grabbed the un-upgraded set to use in the tourny. Just the armor set though. I didn't touch my Scimitar or Leather Shield.

Last edited by PlasticandRage on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:37 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Are you guys saying we dont have to stick to starting class weapons but we have to keep them unupgraded?

E.G- Is it okay to substitute a stronger weapon for a weaker or a lame looking shield for a cooler one with the same stats?

no
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:33 pm

So what time will the tourny be starting tomorow for sure? i wanna make sure i wake up in time (on a horrible sleeping track where i sleep at 8 am and wake up at 5 pm newfoundland time)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:28 am