Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+37
Wilkinson3424
Doctor Snuggles
PlasticandRage
KrazykevS10
Comrade Sparkle
A Fierce Plankton
Latitoast
Dubscythe
seelyon
User1
WaLKA
drmuto
ViralEnsign_
SunlightCrusader
Spurgun
Slarg232
jankenneth_10
DarkHunch
Infighter
TheRedYoshi
Carphil
Servant of Priscilla
WyrmHero
dancash1808
TehInfamousAmos
Rudmed
Quarik
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Wade_Wilson
JohnnyHarpoon
Tolvo
Emergence
Uparkaam
Reaperfan
Serious_Much
Whknight
Scudman_Slayer
41 posters

League of Legends

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

League of Legends - Page 31 Empty Re: League of Legends

Post by PlasticandRage Tue May 21, 2013 11:21 pm

Cool. I bought Kayle on a whim, and I'm figuring out how I want to set her up as support. She'll be the first support champion I've used. So far I'm focusing on attack speed, because I think her Righteous Fury would benefit from that, then items that provide mana buffs or defense while also having effects that would support anyone laning with me.

Does the ability power stat affect all abilities or just the abilities that deal magic damage? It just occurred to me that I hadn't really thought about it.

Nm. I think I found my answer. AP is only for magic damage isn't it? That's going to require me changing some things around on some of my builds for other champions
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue May 21, 2013 11:47 pm

First, Kayle isn't a particularly good support. She's a far better mid, top, or even jungle. She excels at having great trades, consistent damage, utility, and pushing power, but she's pretty reliant on items to be very effective. Second, different abilities that deal different types of damage scale with different stats, and each is represented by color. However, something that deals physical damage might scale with AP, or something that deals magical damage might scale off of maximum health and AP, or AD and AP.

Red=HP
    Orange=AD
    Yellow=Armor
    Purple=Magic Resist
    Light Blue/Green=AP

I think there's another scaling stat, but I don't remember what it was.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue May 21, 2013 11:59 pm

Where would those colors appear? The tooltip?

I hope I didn't just buy another Alistar then. I really didn't like him. Should I set her up to be durable and deal damage then, and not bother buffing her to back up a carry? I haven't really done the junlging thing yet. I don't entirely understand what it's all about yet I don't think.

I was about to go into a match. Here's how I have her set up now:

Mercury Treads, Zeke's Herald, Archangel's Staff, Frozen Heart, and Runic Bulwark. So I basically didn't focus on attack stats at all. It's all defensive and magic stats, with 2 friendly auras and 1 unfriendly.

I found a pretty offensive build for her on mobafire. Maybe I'll just try that first and see where I might want to go to set up my own build.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed May 22, 2013 12:39 am

Yeah, the tooltip. On Kayle, I like Berserker's Greaves, Nashor's Tooth, Blade of the Ruined King, Guinsoo's Rageblade, Trinity Force, and Hextech Gunblade. She benefits from both AD, AP, and Attack Speed, so why not build all of them?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed May 22, 2013 1:20 am

Do you manage to build all that stuff in a battle? My first couple of builds were all big expensive items like that, but I've been finding that I just don't make enough cash in a battle to build more than 2 or 3 so I've been making my builds with two big complex items, then increasingly less expensive ones towards the fifth one.

I guess in longer battles it'd be possible, but I find most matches I've been a part of have gone one way or the other early and then stayed that way and ended fast, like 10 kills to the highest max.

I should be setting her up like a cannon then? I'll give it another shot. I bought her last night and I still haven't played her because I just wasn't sure what to do with her. Most of the builds I found online were radically different from each other. Saw mostly AP or AD with support, a few junglers, and some tanks. Most of the other champions I've played have been much more straight forward. I basically just bought her because I could afford a 450 and think she looks cool.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed May 22, 2013 1:33 am

You may not get that many items at your play level now, but work on your farming and you'll be able to get full build in 35-40 minutes in a carry role.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed May 22, 2013 1:48 am

By farming you mean minions right? Or should I be hitting the jungle on and off too?

Never mind. I'm watching some Nasus gameplay videos, which is probably what I should have done to begin with. I didn't realize you could farm his Q so high and that the cool down would become so fast. I was just watching a guy farm for 20 minutes then 1HKO just about every enemy champion he encountered the rest of the match. I'm going to start trying to get solo top and see what I can learn.

I'm comfortable enough with both Nasus and Malphite, and I have fun playing them. I think I'm going to just stick with them for awhile and get comfortable with PvP instead of worry about new champions.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed May 22, 2013 4:24 am

You should be able to get most minions with your Q, and you should have about 100 farm in the first 15 minutes. It's possible to get more (I once so a pro, xPeke, get 200 in 17 minutes), but not really necessary. Farm the jungle when you get a chance and won't miss minions or XP in your lane. For instance, your wave is pushed to the enemy tower and they have strong kill potential there, so you find other forms of gold income. If you're familiar with the concept of opportunity cost (while you choose to do x, you could be doing y... or something), try to do whatever you can at any given time to be useful to your team. Usually this is getting gold, but occasionally it's to apply map pressure or group for an objective, which often tie into each other anyway.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed May 22, 2013 8:24 am

PlasticandRage wrote:Cool. I bought Kayle on a whim, and I'm figuring out how I want to set her up as support. She'll be the first support champion I've used. So far I'm focusing on attack speed, because I think her Righteous Fury would benefit from that, then items that provide mana buffs or defense while also having effects that would support anyone laning with me.

Does the ability power stat affect all abilities or just the abilities that deal magic damage? It just occurred to me that I hadn't really thought about it.

Nm. I think I found my answer. AP is only for magic damage isn't it? That's going to require me changing some things around on some of my builds for other champions
    AP Affects physical damage on some champs - take Jax for example, this is one of the reasons he can get AP - his abilities scale off of both AP + AD and do Mixed Damage. Heck - his resistances scale off of his AP and AD.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed May 22, 2013 1:04 pm

^ I don't understand why they'd make it so overly complicated. Dark Souls has some really complex systems, but at least the scaling is easy to understand.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed May 22, 2013 1:47 pm

It's not really that complicated. The only reason to why Jax's attack scale of ability power and his resistances scale of both is because he has skill that do that. It's stated in tooltip, his ultimate has a passive ability that makes every third attack deal bonus magic damage (this bonus magic damage scales of AP), and the active ability on his ultimate gives him some extra resistances for a short while and the resistances scale of AD and AP.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed May 22, 2013 2:12 pm

And the tooltip is just the thing that pops up when you hover over an ability in game right?
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed May 22, 2013 2:20 pm

Yes
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed May 22, 2013 2:24 pm

That's what I thought. I'm pretty sure I am cool with my Malphite and Nasus builds than. I have Malphite set up for attack speed and ability power for damage, to speed up his attack for his W, and scale with everything else, then I have Nasus mostly with ability power. I'll have to check what his Q does again, but I'm pretty positive all his other stuff is AP too.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed May 22, 2013 6:42 pm

So, Fizz i really good if you get going with him.

Spoiler:
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed May 22, 2013 8:03 pm

I wouldn't build Nasus with AP, personally. He scales off of it on his E and Ult, but they both do good damage even without AP and they're mana munchers. You have the potential to be much tankier and do much more damage when building full tank or partial AD. For instance, against an ideal target (technically impossible) your ult deals 4800 damage. However, I've had Q farmed up to deal about 1100 damage with every cast (3ish seconds), with only a Trinity Force for offensive stats.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed May 22, 2013 9:19 pm

His Q is both AD and AP isn't it? I'm doing really well with the setup I have now, and it's only going to get better. I just had my first battle with him where I've really focused on Q farming for about 15 minutes, and I had a Renekton, a Miss Fortune, and a Nunu come up to gank me around level 10 and I pretty much 1HKO'd all 3 of them. My team started laying signals that they were coming and I had all of them killed just as my first teammate arrived. If you farm the hell out of it all his other abilities can be used to set up Q kills. I was laying E's behind enemies to draw them towards me, then using both W and R where I could to trap as many of them as possible close to me. He's set up really well on his own to just buff health and life steal to make him really tough to kill and long as your landing good hits and Q's.

He completely destroys turrets with it too. It's great. I hate to say it but I think I like him better than Malphite too. As long as you're careful in the beginning and get in a lane either alone or with an ally that lets you farm he's really formidable.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed May 22, 2013 10:04 pm

Is there a reason that I would want to use Ignite over Smite? Ignite says it hinders healing effects for the 5 seconds that the spell is active, but Smite can do over 500 more damage per cast. I'm confused because you have to be a higher level to use Ignite. Is there something I'm missing here or is the hindering or healing effects for that short time really that much more valuable than damage? I've been using Ignite to catch champions that survive my Withers and Q's and try to break away. Would Smite be better for that?
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed May 22, 2013 10:24 pm

Smite can only be used on minions and monsters, and ignite only on champions.

Nasus Q scales off of farm and AD, but not AP. Here's the wiki if you have any questions about the more technical aspect of the game. http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/League_of_Legends_Wiki
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed May 22, 2013 10:31 pm

Yeah I didn't pick up on that at all. Says it right in the description too. I'm either sticking with Ignite or moving to Exhaust then. I'd think Ignite would be more useful for what I'm using it for though. My cool down for Wither is pretty buffed anyway.

I've been using the wiki to some degree, but the dialogues I've had here have been so much more helpful if for no other reason than helping me to figure out which questions I should be asking.

I just unlocked my first quintessence too. I'm adding more life steal for staying power and survivability. He already has so much of it anyway that I've having to stop myself to go back to the store just to buy items. Finding out about the Crystalline Flask has been helping in that regard too. So much more efficient than the potions IMO.

I know this is probably a tough question, but do you know if Siphoning Strike would gain damage if I added a damage-over-time effect to it, and the bonus damage that effect creates kills the enemy as opposed to the straight damage dealt on hit?
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed May 22, 2013 10:42 pm

Only the actual damage from Siphoning Strike will farm it.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed May 22, 2013 10:52 pm

Well I was going to say I should choose a different item then, but I guess it'd still be a boon because if the the on-hit damage isn't enough to kill the champion and the time damage does I still wouldn't have gotten the ability increase without it anyway. It'd just be extra damage on top of the item having helpful buffs.

No, I am ditching it, because it'd give time damage to my normal attacks and probably would make it harder to get the last hit as frequently. Posting all my indecisiveness.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed May 22, 2013 10:56 pm

The passive "Spellblade" provided by Triforce and Gauntlet will also farm it, actually.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed May 22, 2013 11:08 pm

Another item I'm using, Iceborn Gauntlet, does spell blade. I think I'm going with this: Mercury Treads, Blood Thirster, Iceborn Gauntlet, Spirit Visage, and Frozen Mallet. I was originally using the Ohmwrecker in place of the Frozen Mallet, but it seemed like I never finished it anyway, so the Spirit of the Elder Lizard was the time damage item I was thinking about swapping it out for, but I think the health and slowing the Frozen Mallet provides might work better. It adds 700 health and 30 attack damage, and Nasus benefits from both of those things. With his natural life steal, and the extra life steal I've put on him, having a ton of health I think is going to benefit him more than higher armor.

Alright. Trying my first PvP. Wish me luck.

Edit: I did really well first go. I had 14 kills. Most I've ever gotten. We lost anyway though. I pretty much solod top and got right to their base. They'd been double teaming me with Tresh and Garen the first maybe 20 minutes, and only got 1 kill on me. They had a really skilled Udyr jungling though, and he got going and just killed our momentum. Definitely going to try Udyr. I don't know what ability it was, but he took just under 2000 hp off me at level 18 with it in easily 5 or 6 seconds. It was crazy. I had him on the run with hardly any health, just chasing him trying to get my Q off and he cast his shield and turned around and did it. It was nuts.

I really had a lot of fun though. Way more than bot fighting. Everyone was trying to work as a team, which just doesn't happen too too often in beginner bot. I think the game is the most fun that way, whether we lost or not.

Now that I'm seeing 10 people playing per game I'm learning a lot more about different champions too. Some are really surprising me. Udyr and Twisted Fate can both be amazingly powerful. I was just playing with a skilled Twisted Fate and he and I were chasing champions together and he'd 2 or 3 hit kill them before I could even close the distance.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon May 27, 2013 12:18 pm

Okay. iceborn gauntlet is godly on nasus. he has trouble keeping up with targets at times and the AoE damage and slow combined with some armour is just lovely.

Oh and plastic. while having a build that you generally use is fine. bear in mind that in most circumstances you will need to alter it to suit on the fly. I generally build very differently depending on whether I am ahead or behind and depending on the damage composition of the enemy team (is armor more important or MR) its not so simple as just finding a set

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:10 am