Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+37
Wilkinson3424
Doctor Snuggles
PlasticandRage
KrazykevS10
Comrade Sparkle
A Fierce Plankton
Latitoast
Dubscythe
seelyon
User1
WaLKA
drmuto
ViralEnsign_
SunlightCrusader
Spurgun
Slarg232
jankenneth_10
DarkHunch
Infighter
TheRedYoshi
Carphil
Servant of Priscilla
WyrmHero
dancash1808
TehInfamousAmos
Rudmed
Quarik
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Wade_Wilson
JohnnyHarpoon
Tolvo
Emergence
Uparkaam
Reaperfan
Serious_Much
Whknight
Scudman_Slayer
41 posters

League of Legends

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

League of Legends - Page 35 Empty Re: League of Legends

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:32 pm

How do you get your total stats? Like total wins/losses, etc?

Thanks all 3 of you for your answers. Don't mind the wall of text at all. Trying to take advantage of any good advice I can get. From all of your explanations it sounds to me like Sejauni is my buy. I like Malphite because he can soak up damage while dealing a ton of his own and adding crowd control. The combination of his passive, with high health items, and the speed and range of his abilities coupled with their potential to deal high damage is just awesome. At least as far as my play style. I also like how adding high hp to his passive pretty much allows you to kamikaze and remain dangerous at a lower level. You can slam right into the enemy lines, whether it's an unsurvivable situation or not in order to put squishier, or lowish health champions out of commission fast, die, then come back to the line lower level and still be dangerous, if you play it right, because they'll only be hitting your damage shield and not your health. His slows are really nice for both chasing and being chased too. All that considered I think Sejuani seems like the best option for me.

Just for the record Wukong and J4 both seem like amazing choices though. I'm sure I'll do both eventually. I've seen both be amazing. I got taken to school by a Wukong with Nasus last week. I top laned alone against him and a Thresh. We won. I destroyed the Thresh the whole game, but it got to a point where I was slowing him then running every time I saw Wukong. He kept saving his move that tosses you up in the air then timing it so that every time I tried to Q him he interrupted me with crowd control. It was really impressive. I've teamed up with a bunch of talented Jarvins too. This one guy was really funny. Kept waiting for me to use my ult with Nasus then trapping our enemies inside his ult with me. Worked so well.

How's Thresh? He seems like he has potential to be devastating too. I fought one that kept hitting me with his move that drags you from inside brush and pulling me into hiding groups of his team. Thankfully I was laning with someone that was  pretty good with interrupting him.

I'm definitely still learning. I wouldn't consider myself a skilled player at all, but I win a lot more games than I lose. I think I've only lost 3 PvP games. I've played 1v1 on that bridge map a few times too, and I've never lost there. I definitely get out-skilled in my lane pretty frequently though. What I think I'm good at is cooperating. That's why I like tanking. I think coordinating attacks and defenses is the most fun part of the game. That's whats frustrating me about playing with randos that don't care about the team. All the games I've played where I've gone in with friends, specifically these two guys I've been playing with regularly, we take them to school.

Just had such a good game. Keep having games where the enemy just destroys one lane and pushes into our base then we push back together and win. This one they pushed bot all the way but we were ahead by like 20 kills and just out leveled them. We were all 18 to their like 14/15 in the end and they just couldn't get near us.

Speaking of a wall of text. Ahem.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:59 am

Lolking.net is what you're looking for PAR. Just type in your summoner name there and you can see your stats datamined from riot themselves.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:53 pm

Awesome. Thanks.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:26 pm

Sej is very nice if you like to build tanky while dealing damage. heres a list of her kit and how it scales http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Sejuani 
    youtube will likely have video displaying how each of them work. its kinda sad that she got nerfed very hard recently but oh well.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:09 pm

^ Yeah, been using the wiki to figure out scaling.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:04 am

SOOOOOOO FRUSTRATING WHEN PEOPLE WON'T WORK TOGETHER!!! ADUGNOSDFUNHSODGUNH DAMNT!!

I feel better now.

Just played a game that seems like I've been playing a lot of lately. 2 lanes were fine into 15ish minutes, and then one started to fall. People moved around a bit to try to accommodate but it didn't really happen and it got pushed back to the interior turrets. 3 of us were much higher level than the enemy team, like 16ish to 10ish, and we were ahead in kills 25ish to 15ish. They started trying to gank the couple of us who were higher level with their two champs who had pushed back the lane, Quinn and Blitzcrank, who had been using his rocket grab to pull our champs into groups of them and kill them, and it'd been working and he hit 18 fast. Our two lanes, mid and bot, were both pushed to their base, and pretty much my whole team was working on top, so I said hey lets push mid together and win this before they get momentum. The team agreed, so one of my team members came over to meet me, and the rest spread out through the jungle to get ganked over and over. Tried to organize over and over. Got 4 together at one point and pushed all the way to their base, past the inhibitor and to their turrets. Blitz came out and grabbed one of my teammates and pulled them into a group and I, as Kayle, used intervention on the teammate they grabbed, then buffed them with my W so they could get away. Hardly any damage was done, but instead of staying and fighting my higher level, higher kill team ran away. Over and over and over and over. Blitz would come, grab somebody, I'd intervene for invincibility and my whole team would run away. Happened until we lost. So frustrating. SOOO FRUSTRATING. I was even there typing "why are you running away? You're higher level?" Nobody seemed to get it.

Last edited by PlasticandRage on Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:16 am; edited 2 times in total
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:15 am

Add me, just started, Summoner name: Wilkinson3424
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:26 am

whose a more durable assassin type champ? I'm yet to use an assassin at all. Not looking for a glass cannon though. Not really my play style. Kayle's about as glass as I've gotten.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:34 am

Depends on your definition of assassin. Jayce can obliterate anything if he gets full build, and Darius wrecks squishies, but they aren't technically assassins. Kha'Zix can make people go boom, and he's got great survivability, but his burst got nerfed hard in the last patch, now he's more of a sustained assassin. Zed got nerfed, but he's still a strong single target assassin. Irelia can walk through a team and sit on your carries, even after months of nerfs. Katarina is like Kha. She wrecks a whole team over the course of 5-10 seconds. Diana can blow people up, but she's also a really potent bruiser. Akali, Elise, and Fizz can jump through your team, nuke your carries, and gtfo. Kassadin might be what you're looking for. He's an incredibly durable champion with great burst, cc, a horrendously broken escape, and map presence like a goddamn Shen. Veigar can pop just about anyone in less than a second with full build, Talon will jump on a carry and slaughter them, and a well-played Viktor can slow, stun, silence, and pop an entire team on his own.
    Doctor Snuggles
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Doctor Snuggles Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:12 am

That's the question every single person asks at some point. If there currently is one, they will be nerfed quickly or have broken game play. Assassins do one thing - blow champions up. Once they do that, they are either killed or run away in panic while they wait for their cool downs.

Kha'Zix will most likely be built more tanky now that his W isn't his main nuke anymore. He still does rediculous damage, but he'll need to be directly in the fights now.

Honestly, one of THE best assassins to play would be Elise. At level 9 and with some spell penetration, she deals so much pain so fast, and on such a short CD. Liandry's with her E/Q/W/R/Q combo will almost always kill someone. She does however... take a bit to get used to. Pretty terrible mana costs and not the greatest early game. It's all worth it once you get one or two items though.

Try her out if you can. She really only needs two damage items while the rest of your build could be pure tank. She deals % Current/Max damage so magic pen is the only thing you must have on her.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:53 am

Truthfully I like Elise Support and Jungle the most. My reasoning is that she doesn't require a lot of gold to be effective and there are stronger top lane AP lane bullies... Kennen for example would be better in the top lane than Elise, Rumble is another strong pick that could replace her etc; My point is that is pointless to put her in a position of hugh income when other bruisers would make better use of it.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:04 am

An assassin with good teamfight? ahri anyone? and you will find that most assassins are squishy but not so easily killed. if you get caught standing still with nothing up. yeah your dead as easy as a lux or a xerath. but take fizz for example. if he is in a situation he doesnt want to be in. he can be 1000 units away (takes about 3 seconds to walk) in under a second. ahri has her ultimate and her charm.  kha zix obviously has leap + resets + spikes slows. ect. my point is that assassins mitigate some of their inherent and necessary squishiness with manouverability.  just about the only assassin that doesnt is diana
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:32 am

Yeah, but Diana's tanky as hell with her W so it makes up for that. Like a mid lane Riven, really.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:17 pm

I generally don't like assassins (probably more because i'm not aggressive enough with them). A well coordinated team can screw you over easily. And most assassins don't do much unless they snowball (also i just like to sit back and farm, assassins need to roam a lot).

Almost all assassins are weak early (notable exceptions are Fizz, Talon and maybe Elise). Because most of them need their ultimate to be able to do anything (kassadin, akali, katarina, Kha'zix (not because of the ulti but because of the evolutions), Diana, ahri, Zed, etc). So picking a champ that can bully them early is a good option, either that or a champ that can deny them kills or stop them from engaging. They also scale poorly into lategame. Not because they become weaker (on the contrary, a full build assassin is terrifying if you're an APC/ADC). But because everyone is always gathered into groups in lategame, so they can't pick of people who are alone. Because of that most lategame teamfights for assassins either consist of the assassin picking of someone who go to far away (IE, an idiot), or waiting for the teamfight to start and then jump in when people are on low health (this is especially the case for reset assassins).

Surprised that no one has mentioned Lebland. She's the most extreme assassin. She can 100 to zero just about anyone in 2 secs of she gets ahead. But she's less useful than a super minion if she falls behind. - Scrap that, she's less useful than a cannon minion if she falls behind.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:24 pm

I've been fighting a lot of Pantheons, and he seems like he could be great. One in particular that I was fighting was withstanding my AP stacked Malphite then backing off and kiting the crapola out of me. According to his stats hes pretty squishy though?

Must have been his Passive?

Oh and I won against the intermediate bots BTW. I was on a good team, but I carried my portion of the load.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:34 pm

Pantheon is pretty much THE early game champion. If you can survive without feeding him untill level 8+ then you've pretty much won your lane. The fact that pantheon has such a strong early game is balanced out by the fact that his lategame is horrible. So yeah, all you need to to is to not die/get cs to beat him.

And yeah, if he has his shield up, he can use to block your first auto attack, then he can use his W (it refreshes the passive) to block your second auto attack. So he can get 2 AAs while you get zero. His pasive cannot block spells though, so use that to your advantage.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:43 pm

Smart pantheons carry. yes he falls off but he still has a twisted fate ult. and anyone with a twisted fate ult has the potential to carry.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:58 pm

Well it couldn't have been his shield then, because Malphite is pretty much all spells. Part of it was definitely that I let him get a piece of me early. I was solo top and he was with someone else, can't remember who, and they were kiting me together. Usually when I get kited before I've learned my R with Malphite I just let them do it. I usually buy Warmog's first, so my passive will cover a big chunk of health and I'll just let them attack that, maybe throw a Q back at them then back off until it's recovered, but this time the two of them were working together against me and their jungler kept popping in. So they were doing damage outside my passive, then he was jumping in on me.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:01 pm

They had duo top and a jungler? yeah man thats a get under your tower and farm it out scenario. you cant really do anything against that till their reduced duo xp/gold starts to hurt them.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:29 pm

dancash1808
    Smart pantheons carry. yes he falls off but he still has a twisted fate ult. and anyone with a twisted fate ult has the potential to carry.

Any pantheon can carry early-mid game. Smart pantheons just end the game before lategame comes around.

What's with the new quote system?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:46 pm

I don't like it either. There's a button you can press that drops it down and lets you quote normally. Can't remember which one. Evidently its the domain that's responsible for it, not the forum.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:32 pm

Panth isn't actually a great early game against anyone with sustain or strong punish... A well played Darius will destroy Panth, and Udyr blows him up. It's really just his poke that hurts, as long as you've got a little bit of hp to deal with his burst, most people can outtrade him.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:53 pm

I think I would have been if they hadn't been ganking me. I was letting him pound on my passive shield until his mana was gone then coming in and ground slamming him, but it was just too much against 3 people by myself.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:33 am

Great night playing. Getting used to J4. Think I'm still going to buy Sej first, but he's absolutely made his way onto my list. I'm finding it hard to see any weaknesses. His abilities definitely have the potential to screw you, but outside of being ganked while inside his ult, it's mostly stuff that'd be the player's fault anyway. Last night, for example, I was attacking a turret and I threw my flag for an AS boost, then enemy champs appeared and I started to back off but decided to turn at the last minute to throw a harassing spear and I connected with my flag and pulled myself back under a turret that had me targeted and 2 enemy champs. It was totally my fault. Still learning all his quirks. He's good and tanky, does crazy damage with some items backing him up, and his cc is great. His abilities pretty much make it impossible to get away from him if you're trying to run. Really having fun with him.

Good matches tonight too. Had another match, this time against intermediate bots, where people just refused to cooperate with each other and we lost; but then I did a PvP match where we coordinated so well right out of the gate that we hammered them into surrendering around the 15 minute mark. Right as their exterior turrets were falling. Love playing with people that focus on coordination like that. Those are my favorite kinds of games. If we'd been having a conversation, as opposed to playing LoL, we'd have been finishing each others sentences.

I'm honing my Malphite every day. I think it's safe to say he's my favorite so far. I was just looking at his scales, and it reminded me that when I first started playing someone here was breaking my balls about throwing AP on him. Can't remember who, but they were like: "why would you do that? It doesn't make any sense." Or something along those lines. Just for the record I think it's extremely viable now that I'm getting more skilled at the game. My build is almost entirely AP and health.
    Doctor Snuggles
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Doctor Snuggles Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:47 am

Sounds like you're having a blast man, feel free to add me on League - I don't play too often but when I'm on I can play for days.

Doctor Squeakies is the summoner name, see you on there.

Repping that Silver V son. (Gotta love division decay)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:35 pm