Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Dead angles Discussion.

Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Dead angles Discussion. Empty Dead angles Discussion.

Post by Zakkia Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:47 pm

So dead angles keep frustrating the hell outta me. I dont understand how to do it. And i am pretty sure im getting killed by it. I try to go for a backstab with my Lord ciaran build but he countered it every time by backstabbing myself, he wasnt even behind me. This might not be dead angle at all, but i have had other encounters where i was just getting counter back stabbed easily.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Dead angles Discussion. Empty Re: Dead angles Discussion.

Post by RANT Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:57 pm

never pivot bs, its a sure way to getting yourself countered, the only thing they gotta do is bakckpedal to the side youre comiong from and counter you. dead angles are easy depending on what youre using, for example with a gs its better to use the 1h r1 while unlocked and aim to them and you will most likely get it. never do it when youre right up on them since no matter what youre using be it a mura or a great sythe you are gonna get parried.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:00 pm

Dead angle attacks vary with each weapon. To do it on purpose, you need to be unlocked. Then, you angle youself (a different degree for each weapon) toward your opponent when you swing. Think of it as the tip of your weapon hitting them when your back is mostly toward them. Look at your weapon's swing, you'll notice some weapons's tips start behind you at the start of the swing. So, you could technically do damage at the start of the swing . . . if your back was toward them. That's the essence of a dead angle attack. But, the timing and angle varies with each weapon, as I've already said.
    Abiathar82
    Abiathar82
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Abiathar82 Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:29 pm

Well Reim0027 pretty well covered the Dead angle issue , although I dont think that is the problem you are having.

This simplest solution to your problem is dont BS fish winking ( you may not be just saying ). I know you are inteliigent enough to devise some other strategy to defeat your opponent. On a Lord Blade build you have Bleed and Poison at your disposal. Both being effective. You also should have speed on your side , to fast roll side attack.

Dead angles Discussion. 1447589260Dead angles Discussion. 2951823997
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:44 pm

That is actually a counter backstab, there are various counter for practically all kinds of backstabs, although not all of them are backstabs themselves.

The most common types of backstabs are:

A) Strafing counterbackstab - To counter a strafing backstab (Where they circle around you and use lag to hit) the defending player must simply strafe either towards you sideways or backpedal sideways; all towards you. This would cause the lag to be on the defending player's side and allow them to backstab you because on their screen, you have your back to them, while on your screen, he is simply moving towards you.

B) Roll counterbackstab - Hard to perform, it works by baiting a roll backstab (Somehow) and moving towards the offending player, causing your opponent to roll behind you, but have their backs to you. Both players have their backs to each other on their screen, but you, the defending player, are not in recovery frames so you can backstab first.

C) Poise counterbackstab - A counter that does not involve a backstab. It can only be done with fast weapons (Curved swords are famous for their anti-backstab methods) and it involves unlocking and turning 180 degrees making your opponent simply strafe to face you again. Another version would be unlocking and simply moving backwards instead of following the attack. This is only viable for heavy weapons that have long gaps in attacks.

Now, as for deadangles: They work by abusing the game mechanic that you can not block attacks from behind. By turning your back to your opponent, all melee attack will be considered as hitting from behind, making them unblockable and unparryable (and partial un-parryable). Deadangling does have its risk, for example, a poise tank will use this to backstab you. A player that has predicted this move can turn their backs to you to cancel the deadangle (1 back + 1 back = 1 front), then use lag to score a backstab.

Deadangling is different for every weapon. Some weapons can deadangle from 180 degress (Curved Swords) some only from the left and some only from the right. Certain weapons can actually deadnangle from any deadangle point (Greatswords 2H R2; Abyss Greatsword 1H R1).
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:44 pm

I try not to BS fish, however whenever someone is a heavy with a BKGA, i try to find a way to take them down without head on attacks. He countered it, well thank you for the responses.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:48 pm

If we were to say your opponent is an absolute tank and a master at countering all backstabs, even ones that cannot be countered, then the best technique would be to roll past 1 attack, Roll attack, then roll away from the follow-up, since your carrying fast weapons.
    Abiathar82
    Abiathar82
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Abiathar82 Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:22 pm

Also with a Gold Tracer , the bleed effect goes through any shield , I think it takes five consectutive attacks to pop , blocked that is. If he goes to attack you during this , he will have to drop his guard and bleed will pop faster. If he is using a BKGA , you should most definately be able to fast roll out of the way before his attack lands. Or simply block the atack if you have a decent shield (Not sure on that one since I do not know what your current poise is). In any case you should be able to out maneuver him , with your speed advantage.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:09 pm