Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Nybbles
bloodpixel
Kisuke Urahara
fujiphoenix
Tomhet
Odinbear
Seignar
Revoltage
Uparkaam
passivefamiliar
Aneed
ublug
DoughGuy
Spurgun
The Speaker
19 posters

Does Artorias have a weakness to anything?

The Speaker
    The Speaker

Does Artorias have a weakness to anything? Empty Does Artorias have a weakness to anything?

Post by The Speaker Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:47 am

Title says it all, having a bit of trouble on the Artorias fight and I'm curious to know if he is weak to any elements or magic. My Lightning Gargoyle's Halberd did pretty poor damage, I'm wondering what I should upgrade and use in this fight. Any help or insight is appreciated.
    STR 40
    DEX 30
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Does Artorias have a weakness to anything? Empty Re: Does Artorias have a weakness to anything?

Post by Spurgun Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:49 am

With those stats you should be using a +15 halberd and not a lightning one.
    I took him down with a lot of dodging, so i don't think i can help you with that. Maybe you could summon help?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Does Artorias have a weakness to anything? Empty Re: Does Artorias have a weakness to anything?

Post by DoughGuy Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:50 am

Nope, all his resses are really high. Follow Spur's advice and you'll see your damage jump to better levels. Other than that dodge or summon as Spur said.
    The Speaker
    The Speaker

Post by The Speaker Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:56 am

Eh not much of a fan of summoning, I'll work on a non elemental Halberd and dodge more instead of blocking so much. Much appreciated.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:14 am

He's very resistant to elemental damage.
    In ng+ my character with 16str/12dex/50fth did more damage to him with a +15 halberd than with a +10 divine.

Last edited by ublug on Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    Aneed
    Aneed

Post by Aneed Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:25 am

He doesn't appear to have any weakness, only resistances.

All DLC bosses are resistant to Magic, Fire and Lightning damage. So simply put, do not use elementals against them.

They have, in my experiences anyways, standard defense to physical damage. Not too resistant, nor too weak. Just the right amount.

And at 40 str/30 Dex, why the hell are you using Lightning weapons? Pick up a Black Knight weapon or any +15 and you'll sail through the DLC.
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:33 am

I went into that fight with a fire uchi. It did not go well. Got a menu swap to my +14 washing pole. And it went MUCH smoother. Still, not the advised weapon but it was the first non elemental i could get to with a menu swap. But as stated. Avoid ALL types, just go for a + as high as you can get of your best choice and you'll be better.

As far as dodge vs block. Blocking is fine, IF you use a greatshield. Medium-small will get smashed by that guy.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:41 am

A greatshield isn't required. A regular heater shield is okay for blocking his attacks. Just don't get caught in his combos.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:50 am

You can also hit him a few times while he's "powering up". As long as you back off in time.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:53 am

Spurgun wrote:You can also hit him a few times while he's "powering up". As long as you back off in time.

You can stun him if you beat him enough. It prevents his buff completely.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:53 pm

Does anyone know how much poise Artorias has? Or at least how many hits it will take to stagger him out of his power up with each weapon type?
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:06 pm

Less than 106; 2 hits from a club stagger him. I think he can take 1 hit from UGS (Cause if not he may be a pushover) so its probably in between 77 and 106. It's probably 77 because his Armor + Wolf Ring = 77 poise.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:11 pm

Yeah I think you're right, thanks for clearing that up for me! When I used the dgm, it took 2 hits to stagger him. 77 makes sense.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:37 pm

Uparkaam wrote:
    Spurgun wrote:You can also hit him a few times while he's "powering up". As long as you back off in time.

You can stun him if you beat him enough. It prevents his buff completely.

True, 3 good hits 2-handed with any decent weapon stuns him.
    Tomhet
    Tomhet
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tomhet Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:44 pm

It's funny how I still see a lot of summoners using elemental weapons against DLC bosses. People rely way too much on them for PvE in general.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:46 pm

He is weak to fist weapons. A +15 cestus is your best bet.
    Kisuke Urahara
    Kisuke Urahara

Post by Kisuke Urahara Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:14 am

He seem to be weak against magic.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:04 am

He's weak against your face.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:33 pm

weakness: attacking

i've gotten by Artorias only twice and found that dodging while two handing a large weapon works the best. i used a +5 Gravelord Sword the first time and a +15 Great Axe on the second go around
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:31 pm

Revoltage wrote:Does anyone know how much poise Artorias has? Or at least how many hits it will take to stagger him out of his power up with each weapon type?
    About 90 poise worth of damage. Three hits from a 2-handed spear (breaks 30 poise each) stagger him while he's powering up.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:32 pm

Breaking his poise either during that chargeup or just in general is definitely key, you can do it with two 2-handed greatsword swings, or just one 2-handed R2 blast from the obsidian greatsword. The latter is great for knocking him out of his charge up, because it fires faster than his chargeup does so as soon as he starts to kneel down just run up next to him and touch off an R2. I kinda enjoy the fact that he's relatively weak against ultra greatswords of all things.
    Abiathar82
    Abiathar82
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Abiathar82 Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:51 pm

"Try beating to a pulp"

Seriously though , the easiest strat I have found for a melee class is... Going in with a good stability shield and a heavy weapon. Stack lots of poise and use wolf ring. Throw on mask of the child and its fairly straight forward from there. Just do not let him power up , 2 Hits from a 2 handed GS will interupt him.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:55 pm

I resorted to harsh language quite a bit. Didn't help much, but sure made me feel better.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:50 pm