Do the gaurdians (dlc) have a weakness???

    Share
    avatar
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 449
    Reputation : 20
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Location : PA

    Do the gaurdians (dlc) have a weakness???

    Post by Heroez Blade on Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:59 pm

    The title basically explains it all... Is there any weakness to the gaurdians in the dlc? I've tried many weapons, spells, miracles, and pyro, but nothing seems to hurt them. Were they meant to be super strong or is there an unknown weakness that I dont know about?

    Any help would be great...


    _________________

    SL-465 Darkmoon Fav weapon type: :Oh yeah
    avatar
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4185
    Reputation : 98
    Join date : 2012-07-22
    Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

    Re: Do the gaurdians (dlc) have a weakness???

    Post by GrinTwist on Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:06 pm

    Meleeing them helps. The only thing that you need to do is be able to dodge their lightning attacks (don't bother blocking, the water under you is affected by their attacks) and when they start trying to melee you roll right into them. If you did it correctly you should end up at their side, the only thing you want to do is watch out for the tail.


    _________________
    Boring life? Join a cult.
    avatar
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 449
    Reputation : 20
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Location : PA

    Re: Do the gaurdians (dlc) have a weakness???

    Post by Heroez Blade on Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:10 pm

    GrinTwist wrote:Meleeing them helps. The only thing that you need to do is be able to dodge their lightning attacks (don't bother blocking, the water under you is affected by their attacks) and when they start trying to melee you roll right into them. If you did it correctly you should end up at their side, the only thing you want to do is watch out for the tail.

    Sorry if I wasn't clear, but i meant the stone guardians in the dlc forest.

    I can easily beat the winged lion creatures.


    _________________

    SL-465 Darkmoon Fav weapon type: :Oh yeah
    avatar
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4185
    Reputation : 98
    Join date : 2012-07-22
    Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

    Re: Do the gaurdians (dlc) have a weakness???

    Post by GrinTwist on Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:14 pm

    Ah, my apologies.

    Your best bet is to lure them into using one of their attacks and once they've attacked run in and do some damage. I'd think that they would be weak to a lightning buffed or enchanted weapon too.

    Just for the record also, while you don't do much damage to them with your weapon they don't have a large amount of health. I think in NG the amount of health they have ranges from 300-400.

    Also don't try taking them on with multiple enemies around either, lure out the skarecrows and kill them before killing them. With the last area your best bet would be to lure one away from the other so you don't have a 2v1 on your hands.


    _________________
    Boring life? Join a cult.
    avatar
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1111
    Reputation : 24
    Join date : 2012-10-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Belgium

    Re: Do the gaurdians (dlc) have a weakness???

    Post by WaffleGuy on Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:18 pm

    Just try to get behind them while they get up. Then wack 'em with melee. Works for me anyways.

    Hope it helps, mister Gandalf. I loved your movies Hurrah


    _________________
    XBL: DayWafel

    [21:01:43] WaffleGuy : The average Hart is a majestic f*cker

    I invade people with a fat egghead and give them stuff  :red-orb:
    Need help with a low level? I can help players with SL 1 to 28, 36 to 66 and 90 to 120 biggrin

    My Pokémon doodles: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t24431p15-cute-pics-and-other-adorable-things
    avatar
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 449
    Reputation : 20
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Location : PA

    Re: Do the gaurdians (dlc) have a weakness???

    Post by Heroez Blade on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:25 pm

    GrinTwist wrote:Ah, my apologies.

    Your best bet is to lure them into using one of their attacks and once they've attacked run in and do some damage. I'd think that they would be weak to a lightning buffed or enchanted weapon too.

    Just for the record also, while you don't do much damage to them with your weapon they don't have a large amount of health. I think in NG the amount of health they have ranges from 300-400.

    Also don't try taking them on with multiple enemies around either, lure out the skarecrows and kill them before killing them. With the last area your best bet would be to lure one away from the other so you don't have a 2v1 on your hands.

    Thanks for the tips, I dont usually try luring enemies so hopefully that will work. I will try the next time I play.

    WaffleGuy wrote:Just try to get behind them while they get up. Then wack 'em with melee. Works for me anyways.

    Hope it helps, mister Gandalf. I loved your movies

    LOL. (2nd thing you said) I love the Lord of the Rings series and The Hobbit.


    _________________

    SL-465 Darkmoon Fav weapon type: :Oh yeah
    avatar
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 420
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2012-11-14
    Age : 36
    Location : France

    Re: Do the gaurdians (dlc) have a weakness???

    Post by VaDoom on Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:56 am

    Same weakness as all boss and players : death.
    Seriously :
    1 - If you have low poise/health, run backward when he does his combo
    2 - Attack him when he does his blow (after dodging it obviously)
    3 - When he does a flying + lightning attack, it seems natural to roll the opposite way he goes, but you can actually roll the same way and place one or two hits when he lands.
    4 - Roll sideways when he does his large lightning bolt or his combo of 4/5 small lightning bolts.
    5 - If you have high poise/health, tank his combo and keep attacking. Heal when necessary
    6 - If you are a mage with low poise -> follow step 1 -. And cast when you feel safe.


    _________________
    PSN : mega_perle
    PC : BandeDeNazes
    avatar
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 347
    Reputation : -4
    Join date : 2012-04-11
    Age : 27
    Location : Pennsylvania

    Re: Do the gaurdians (dlc) have a weakness???

    Post by Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:42 am

    VaDoom wrote:Same weakness as all boss and players : death.
    Seriously :
    1 - If you have low poise/health, run backward when he does his combo
    2 - Attack him when he does his blow (after dodging it obviously)
    3 - When he does a flying + lightning attack, it seems natural to roll the opposite way he goes, but you can actually roll the same way and place one or two hits when he lands.
    4 - Roll sideways when he does his large lightning bolt or his combo of 4/5 small lightning bolts.
    5 - If you have high poise/health, tank his combo and keep attacking. Heal when necessary
    6 - If you are a mage with low poise -> follow step 1 -. And cast when you feel safe.

    He mentioned above that he is talking about the stone guardians, not the boss.

    avatar
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 420
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2012-11-14
    Age : 36
    Location : France

    Re: Do the gaurdians (dlc) have a weakness???

    Post by VaDoom on Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:53 am

    Sorry then, seems like I was too lazy again... :silent:

    For stone guardians :
    Hit and roll to the right when he swings. Rolling backward works too but it's a little bit more dangerous imo. Beware of a possible second swing right after the first one . Don't stay close when his axe is burried in the ground.


    _________________
    PSN : mega_perle
    PC : BandeDeNazes
    avatar
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 449
    Reputation : 20
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Location : PA

    Re: Do the gaurdians (dlc) have a weakness???

    Post by Heroez Blade on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:45 am

    Thanks for all the tips you guys. I will be sure to try them out and hopefully I will have an easier time defeating those things.


    _________________

    SL-465 Darkmoon Fav weapon type: :Oh yeah
    avatar
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1798
    Reputation : 61
    Join date : 2012-07-10

    Re: Do the gaurdians (dlc) have a weakness???

    Post by WandererReece on Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:20 am

    For stone guardians :
    FIRE! They are very weak against fire. Phyromancies are the only way I can do more then 100 damage to them. A Great Fireball with an Ascended Flame +5 will do about 300 damage on NG+.


    _________________
    avatar
    Tchuwib
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 196
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2012-02-04
    Age : 34
    Location : NB, Canada

    Re: Do the gaurdians (dlc) have a weakness???

    Post by Tchuwib on Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:05 pm

    When you have then one on one it's not that bad, but they still are tough. The only part that gave me a hard time was near the shortcut elevator.

    My first idea was to lure them into falling down the elevator shaft. But that ended up with me falling to my own death.

    Second was doing the same but using the elevator to run away and come back to give them a poke then run away...that didn't bold well when they gank me on my way back.

    Final step was the same, but this time I waited for them to go to spawn location first.

    There call guardian for a reason -_-

    avatar
    sandukan

    Posts : 11
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-06-22
    Age : 25
    Location : The Netherlands

    Re: Do the gaurdians (dlc) have a weakness???

    Post by sandukan on Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:36 pm

    Try weapons that do blunt damage like the club or mace, piercing and slashing weapons do almost no damage to them.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Do the gaurdians (dlc) have a weakness???

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:52 pm