Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
BrotherBob
zivbu9
6 posters

opinions on a grant build

zivbu9
    Casual
    Casual

opinions on a grant build Empty opinions on a grant build

Post by zivbu9 Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:18 pm

I'm thinking of trying to use the grant a little bit, mainly because i never see this weapon in pvp. I'm also planning on using the cresent axe, it looks like it works very well with this build.

http://tinyurl.com/ct8a5b2

So, what do you think?
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

opinions on a grant build Empty Re: opinions on a grant build

Post by BrotherBob Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:43 pm

Just a few points. You have only 35 Endurance. You may want more because you're using heavy weapons and those simply drain stamina. Instead of the Sanctus, why not a Grass Crest Shield to help regenerate Stamina. You might also have an issue with fast-rolling dex builds. Your weapons are designed mainly for defensive play and, even with WotG, skilled dex builds can pose a serious problem. Also, I just want to note that the Dusk Crown is a bad idea unless you plan on using WotG a lot. With the decrease in Magic resistance due to the Dusk Crown, Dark Magic might be a major problem.

Edit: Also, if you plan on WotG spamming, please just don't.

Last edited by BrotherBob on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:20 am

he can use GMB and then magic resistance doesn't matter
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:37 am

Glutebrah wrote:he can use GMB and then magic resistance doesn't matter
    That would solve the issue of Dark Magic, but there are other issues still.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:56 am

http://tinyurl.com/a5h2wcv?? the partizan is because it has the best moveset of the spears(imo) and to keep away opponents. as soon as people see you med or fat rolling they will try to poison your *** and that's what the spider shield is for(poison arrows). i have a very similar build to this and it was my very first build and i still use it a lot. the dark crown is way better since it doesnt give you really **** magic res(which i hate and i have no idea why everyone is running around wearing this thing since its so damn ugly too).
    zivbu9
    Casual
    Casual

Post by zivbu9 Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:25 am

BrotherBob wrote:Just a few points. You have only 35 Endurance. You may want more because you're using heavy weapons and those simply drain stamina. Instead of the Sanctus, why not a Grass Crest Shield to help regenerate Stamina. You might also have an issue with fast-rolling dex builds. Your weapons are designed mainly for defensive play and, even with WotG, skilled dex builds can pose a serious problem. Also, I just want to note that the Dusk Crown is a bad idea unless you plan on using WotG a lot. With the decrease in Magic resistance due to the Dusk Crown, Dark Magic might be a major problem.

Edit: Also, if you plan on WotG spamming, please just don't.
    don't worry, im not going to spam WOTG silly
    i really want to use the sanctus because im also using the replenishment and the sanctus will increas the health regeneration by alot. but i think you are right about the dusk crown, i will probebly use something else instead. thanks big grin
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:54 am

Doesn't the Sanctus do something like regenerate 1hp/second? Is I'm correct, it's pretty useless in the heat of battle.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:17 am

BrotherBob wrote:Doesn't the Sanctus do something like regenerate 1hp/second? Is I'm correct, it's pretty useless in the heat of battle.

It also has pretty good resistances across the board, and the 95% physical damage block makes it ideal for Karmic Justice if he wants to use that. The HP regen isn't that great though, you're right about that.
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:29 am

It's not just the resistance though. One would have to consider Stability as well. Also, when I tried it pre-patch, Karmic Justice was just horrible (or maybe I was using it wrong?).

Edit: I just looked it up. I highly recommend the Grass Crest Shield over the Sanctus. Why? (1) It gives a boost to regenerating Stamina, which is significant because of your heavy weapon. (2) They have the same stability (not really a positive point, but it's important to note). (3) The Grass Crest Shield has slightly better resistance.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:04 am

BrotherBob wrote:It's not just the resistance though. One would have to consider Stability as well. Also, when I tried it pre-patch, Karmic Justice was just horrible (or maybe I was using it wrong?).

Edit: I just looked it up. I highly recommend the Grass Crest Shield over the Sanctus. Why? (1) It gives a boost to regenerating Stamina, which is significant because of your heavy weapon. (2) They have the same stability (not really a positive point, but it's important to note). (3) The Grass Crest Shield has slightly better resistance.

Karmic Justice activates if you block with a shield with less than 100% physical resistance. With high MagAdjust, it's pretty good if used right.

And yes, Grass Crest Shield is much better, if not as thematically fitting.
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinFanBoy Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:39 am

I think you'd be better off going for 34 strength to 2H grant then put the points into End and Vit. 16 points on a 120 build is huge and that extra stamina is crucial for swinging a big lump like grant about

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:03 am