opinions on a grant build

    Share

    zivbu9
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 69
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-10-08

    opinions on a grant build

    Post by zivbu9 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:18 pm

    I'm thinking of trying to use the grant a little bit, mainly because i never see this weapon in pvp. I'm also planning on using the cresent axe, it looks like it works very well with this build.

    http://tinyurl.com/ct8a5b2

    So, what do you think?

    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 437
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-10-03

    Re: opinions on a grant build

    Post by BrotherBob on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:43 pm

    Just a few points. You have only 35 Endurance. You may want more because you're using heavy weapons and those simply drain stamina. Instead of the Sanctus, why not a Grass Crest Shield to help regenerate Stamina. You might also have an issue with fast-rolling dex builds. Your weapons are designed mainly for defensive play and, even with WotG, skilled dex builds can pose a serious problem. Also, I just want to note that the Dusk Crown is a bad idea unless you plan on using WotG a lot. With the decrease in Magic resistance due to the Dusk Crown, Dark Magic might be a major problem.

    Edit: Also, if you plan on WotG spamming, please just don't.


    Last edited by BrotherBob on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    PSN ID: IMMA_BIC_BOI_NAO, covert007_opg731


    :pharis: They slaughtered our men, our brothers, our sons... The dead cry out to us for justice. On their Souls, I swear to you: the gankers who took them from us, who have brought us such pain and sorrow... we will find them. They will come to the Forest. We will not rest until their blood flows into this very ground.
    - Forest Hunting "Taken 2"-style. 
    avatar
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1942
    Reputation : 102
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: opinions on a grant build

    Post by Glutebrah on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:20 am

    he can use GMB and then magic resistance doesn't matter


    _________________
    Chaos Blade is Best Blade

    **NEW**PSN: Glute_brah **NEW**
    SL 55 (Ele) http://mmdks.com/2b2g (Avelyn + WP)
    SL100 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/25vk (Chaos Blade)
    SL100 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2b2h (MSGS)
    SL100 (Pyro) http://mmdks.com/2b2l (FIRE)
    SL120 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2n6r (DGA)
    SL120 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/2n6v (murk) i did it, i sold out
    SL150 (Int) http://mmdks.com/25vm (Velkas + TCC)
    SL149 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2q (Black Knight)
    SL200 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2j (Ornstein)

    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 437
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-10-03

    Re: opinions on a grant build

    Post by BrotherBob on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:37 am

    Glutebrah wrote:he can use GMB and then magic resistance doesn't matter
    That would solve the issue of Dark Magic, but there are other issues still.


    _________________
    PSN ID: IMMA_BIC_BOI_NAO, covert007_opg731


    :pharis: They slaughtered our men, our brothers, our sons... The dead cry out to us for justice. On their Souls, I swear to you: the gankers who took them from us, who have brought us such pain and sorrow... we will find them. They will come to the Forest. We will not rest until their blood flows into this very ground.
    - Forest Hunting "Taken 2"-style. 
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: opinions on a grant build

    Post by RANT on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:56 am

    http://tinyurl.com/a5h2wcv?? the partizan is because it has the best moveset of the spears(imo) and to keep away opponents. as soon as people see you med or fat rolling they will try to poison your *** and that's what the spider shield is for(poison arrows). i have a very similar build to this and it was my very first build and i still use it a lot. the dark crown is way better since it doesnt give you really **** magic res(which i hate and i have no idea why everyone is running around wearing this thing since its so damn ugly too).


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.

    zivbu9
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 69
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-10-08

    Re: opinions on a grant build

    Post by zivbu9 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:25 am

    BrotherBob wrote:Just a few points. You have only 35 Endurance. You may want more because you're using heavy weapons and those simply drain stamina. Instead of the Sanctus, why not a Grass Crest Shield to help regenerate Stamina. You might also have an issue with fast-rolling dex builds. Your weapons are designed mainly for defensive play and, even with WotG, skilled dex builds can pose a serious problem. Also, I just want to note that the Dusk Crown is a bad idea unless you plan on using WotG a lot. With the decrease in Magic resistance due to the Dusk Crown, Dark Magic might be a major problem.

    Edit: Also, if you plan on WotG spamming, please just don't.
    don't worry, im not going to spam WOTG silly
    i really want to use the sanctus because im also using the replenishment and the sanctus will increas the health regeneration by alot. but i think you are right about the dusk crown, i will probebly use something else instead. thanks big grin

    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 437
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-10-03

    Re: opinions on a grant build

    Post by BrotherBob on Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:54 am

    Doesn't the Sanctus do something like regenerate 1hp/second? Is I'm correct, it's pretty useless in the heat of battle.


    _________________
    PSN ID: IMMA_BIC_BOI_NAO, covert007_opg731


    :pharis: They slaughtered our men, our brothers, our sons... The dead cry out to us for justice. On their Souls, I swear to you: the gankers who took them from us, who have brought us such pain and sorrow... we will find them. They will come to the Forest. We will not rest until their blood flows into this very ground.
    - Forest Hunting "Taken 2"-style. 
    avatar
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 498
    Reputation : 84
    Join date : 2012-10-15
    Location : Myth

    Re: opinions on a grant build

    Post by Rarayn on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:17 am

    BrotherBob wrote:Doesn't the Sanctus do something like regenerate 1hp/second? Is I'm correct, it's pretty useless in the heat of battle.

    It also has pretty good resistances across the board, and the 95% physical damage block makes it ideal for Karmic Justice if he wants to use that. The HP regen isn't that great though, you're right about that.

    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 437
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-10-03

    Re: opinions on a grant build

    Post by BrotherBob on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:29 am

    It's not just the resistance though. One would have to consider Stability as well. Also, when I tried it pre-patch, Karmic Justice was just horrible (or maybe I was using it wrong?).

    Edit: I just looked it up. I highly recommend the Grass Crest Shield over the Sanctus. Why? (1) It gives a boost to regenerating Stamina, which is significant because of your heavy weapon. (2) They have the same stability (not really a positive point, but it's important to note). (3) The Grass Crest Shield has slightly better resistance.


    _________________
    PSN ID: IMMA_BIC_BOI_NAO, covert007_opg731


    :pharis: They slaughtered our men, our brothers, our sons... The dead cry out to us for justice. On their Souls, I swear to you: the gankers who took them from us, who have brought us such pain and sorrow... we will find them. They will come to the Forest. We will not rest until their blood flows into this very ground.
    - Forest Hunting "Taken 2"-style. 
    avatar
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 498
    Reputation : 84
    Join date : 2012-10-15
    Location : Myth

    Re: opinions on a grant build

    Post by Rarayn on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:04 am

    BrotherBob wrote:It's not just the resistance though. One would have to consider Stability as well. Also, when I tried it pre-patch, Karmic Justice was just horrible (or maybe I was using it wrong?).

    Edit: I just looked it up. I highly recommend the Grass Crest Shield over the Sanctus. Why? (1) It gives a boost to regenerating Stamina, which is significant because of your heavy weapon. (2) They have the same stability (not really a positive point, but it's important to note). (3) The Grass Crest Shield has slightly better resistance.

    Karmic Justice activates if you block with a shield with less than 100% physical resistance. With high MagAdjust, it's pretty good if used right.

    And yes, Grass Crest Shield is much better, if not as thematically fitting.
    avatar
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 162
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-09-25
    Age : 26
    Location : Odnol Rona - UK

    Re: opinions on a grant build

    Post by OrnsteinFanBoy on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:39 am

    I think you'd be better off going for 34 strength to 2H grant then put the points into End and Vit. 16 points on a 120 build is huge and that extra stamina is crucial for swinging a big lump like grant about

    Sponsored content

    Re: opinions on a grant build

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:28 am