Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+53
DemonOfFate
densetsushun
User1
Soris Ice Goldwing
nsane32
ResIsBestStat
JohnnyHarpoon
LunarFog
lonewolf
KrazykevS10
BeeSeaEss
Rifter7
swordiris
Slarg232
IIdoneus
NPCWhiteMage
Forum Pirate
Animaaal
Serious_Much
Hatsune Miku
WaLKA
Spurgun
EeAyEss
Henkyona
Ashran
twilightwarwolf
FinPeku
XachAttack
Digitalyzed
Carphil
SlakeMoth
vatar5
Overtly_Sadistic
GrinTwist
PlasticandRage
BIG TIME MASTER
Mr. Tart
User
DoughGuy
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
reim0027
bunnywink
LordRevan
Darkson
Wade_Wilson
Ecko
berkut
Tolvo
dancash1808
skarekrow13
JoeBroski09
billy_bayonet
TehInfamousAmos
57 posters

The "let it out" thread.

EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

The "let it out" thread. - Page 26 Empty Re: The "let it out" thread.

Post by EeAyEss Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:32 pm

Go for it.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:33 pm

Feel free to share them. Don't expect a response from me anytime soon though. I'm watching The Walking Dead.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:10 pm

ok so i asked you last night what you thought if i told you the universe may be alive and what if virus's are alive. Well for a virus by medical and biological standards they arent alive as they dont follow the rules of what living things do. Yet we find things in nature that also dont follow the rules example a black hole. For instance they can survive temps at higher or colder than bacteria and they specify as to what they will attack. so one virus may go for bacteria and the other may go for muscle tissue but only those and they wait literally wait and stay in one place until moved (or so im told) or until they "find" their one thing and they do not as of the moment have any drugs to "kill" them. Though dot you think its alittle hard to kill something you dont even consider to be alive? So i thought about it and about what they do and i realized a few things. For one thing if they only go for one thing they must be extremely well adapted or advanced in evolution becuase they only go for the one thing and if they should not be at that level they would "die". And seeing as they can adapt over time this is plausible then i came to a stop because without a host they "cant" reproduce but the more i thought on that the more i felt that maybe they dont reproduce because they dont need too. Think about it if your a virus and you go for skin cells and your on the grass in a forest what good is it going to be if you reproduce? it wont be but if you are in/on your host and your being attacked by said host then it only makes sense as even harmful bacteria would do this. Then i realised something else bacteria kill off the hosts cells as do viruses but the viruses have a more effective way of doing it as they make the cells reporduce the viruses and then when it can no longer do so the cell explodes damaging other cells and releasing the new viruses vs. bacteria that reproduce on their own and damage the cells by themselves never even having the host do any work against itself. For me i feel that the viruses way of attack seems to be a more intelligent tactic as its more damaging and more deadly to the host. Another thing they do not have a metabolism. Now of course cells do and all other "living" things but what if they are advanced enough that metabolism isnt required. What if by their evolving they came to a point where metabolism is no longer nessasary and instead of needing it it became more of a hinderance. And as natural selection goes if your hindered by something its time to let it go. i realise these can be debated against me but think not everything in the universe is black and white and not everything is as it may seem so why couldnt it be that we are wrong and have misjudged the virus as a nonliving particle (as they call it) instead of a super advanced form of life? i guess this isnt really a theory but rather a lot of my own ideas that i took some time and thought on but what do you guys think?
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:13 pm

They seem scientifically accurate to me. I always thought viruses were dead for the same reasons. The main one for me is that they can't live outside of another life form.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:16 pm

but thats just it they do "live" they just dont do anything at that time. tell me if your job let you do whatever you want until they called you for something does that mean you dont have a job? no it means your job is just one where you can be called at anytime but on average your not doing anything job-wise. so why does the same logic not apply here?
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:19 pm

This pretty much sums up my feels for today:

The "let it out" thread. - Page 26 Shhh_zpsa90f3b71

:x
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:21 pm

what happened?
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:23 pm

Viruses are neither alive nor dead, they're termed non-living. Viruses have no metabolism, no intake or output, no homeostasis, the only thing we know viruses do is infect a host and copy it's own RNA to propagate, usually at the expense of the host cell.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:28 pm

why do they need to have a metabolism? can they not just be that advanced as to no longer require it? How do they not have homestasis and do the even need it? im not trying to be rude but please explain how they would need these.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:45 pm

According to Wikipedia, these are a few criteria to life under biological terms(despite there not being an unequivocal definition of life):

• Homeostasis: Regulation of the internal environment to maintain a constant state; for example, electrolyte concentration or sweating to reduce temperature.
    • Organization: Being structurally composed of one or more cells — the basic units of life.
    • Metabolism: Transformation of energy by converting chemicals and energy into cellular components (anabolism) and decomposing organic matter (catabolism). Living things require energy to maintain internal organization (homeostasis) and to produce the other phenomena associated with life.
    • Growth: Maintenance of a higher rate of anabolism than catabolism. A growing organism increases in size in all of its parts, rather than simply accumulating matter.
    • Adaptation: The ability to change over time in response to the environment. This ability is fundamental to the process of evolution and is determined by the organism's heredity, diet, and external factors.
    • Response to stimuli: A response can take many forms, from the contraction of a unicellular organism to external chemicals, to complex reactions involving all the senses of multicellular organisms. A response is often expressed by motion; for example, the leaves of a plant turning toward the sun (phototropism), and chemotaxis.
    • Reproduction: The ability to produce new individual organisms, either asexually from a single parent organism, or sexually from two parent organisms.

I've highlighted the criteria that a virus can fit. Some viruses or virus strains can adapt to their environment, but what all viruses do have in common is that they can reproduce through infection of host cells and copying of their RNA. What this means is that there is, under our current definition of life, no proof or reason to call them a life form. Furthermore, a lot of viruses are composed of inorganic chemicals as opposed to organic ones, though this is of little concern to the definition.

There's simply no scientific evidence to, at this point in time, to state that a virus is alive. Science deals with what we know and attempts to gain perspective on what we don't, it doesn't deal in filling the gaps with speculation.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:27 pm

I don't get it man. I started some new medication for my neck, it makes me high as a kite, I'm in a freakin AWESOME $%$#ing mood....

...but today I put 3 people on my enemies list :?:

All because the other day I said something like the younger generation is lazy regarding the new bb glitch. So the %$#@ what?!?!

Is ending every single sentence with "imo" or "I humbly disagree" really that %$#@ing necessary.

I wasn't trying to troll anyone at all. A couple people straightout said, "Well I've never liked you"..."You're combative"....."Put your money where your mouth is".....etcetcetc.

I started zero of those fights...ZERO. So I disagree...so what?!?!?!

So, "ninja trolling" is acceptable, while unbridled retaliation isn't...well eff em.

Doesn't really matter. Nothing is pulling me away from Zelda Skyward Sword atm. As a matter of fact I took my unopened ps3 back and will prolly get a Wii U, and let my kids have the Wii.

Anyways, I'm out for awhile. To those of you not so easily offended, its been real, I've had a blast, but until I learn how to say, "I'm sorry, I mean I'm really really really sorry...but I disagree..." while I'm on this medication (I'm tellin ya, I have a perma big grin on my face), I should prolly just hang out once and awhile in off topic or something.

Also, thanks for the moral support available in off-topic and what-not, some of you gus are awesome.

Til next time, maaal. Bow
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:36 pm

Awww... we may have disagreed, but you are a cool dude. sad
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:50 pm

I know how you feel man, I've added a lot more people on ignore in recent times myself. It just kind of seems like things are heading that way.

Hopefully I'll see you around Animaal, perhaps others don't but I like you man.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:53 pm

There isn't much i can say, but like Tolvo, i like you.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:55 pm

@EeAyEss

Not you bro. I hope you seen what I said early in the post about the "starting a thread about glitches" wasn't meant towards you.

If not its to late...but I said it I swear.

I didn't feel any unhealthy vibes from you at all.

Why not you ask??? Because I'm a man, I realize how the affliction of your voice is lost on the internet, and unless someone straight up calls you a name, there's probably nothing $#%$ing wrong with what they said.

I dont care though, I have jobs, kids, autism, dementia, cancer, and a plethora of other things to keep me busy. I'm not interested in proceeding with caution towards some of the frail egos here, at least not atm.

Especially when I try to apologize and bow out, and someone tells me I can't even do that...well %$#@ that noise.

PS-To you as well Tart.

PSS-To you as well Tolvo, you know how much respect I have for you I hope.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:58 pm

Respect is like putting a vase on a needle. It's most likely going to fall and break in pieces.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:00 pm

It probably won't break, I mean, it's a little needle. It's not like it's falling a foot. silly

Indeed I respect you Animaal, as I said I hope you stop by sometime man.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:02 pm

The needle is made out of glass. Shrug
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:03 pm

Damn, not you Animaal. You were a breath of fresh air. sad
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:12 pm

Ah man not you Animaal! Well it is your choice...Just if you don't mind pop in every once in awhile? Never a good thing to lose a dedicated poster here. Take care.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:08 am

Just stay here in off-topic with us! big grin
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:33 am

What exactly happened?I'm guessing a thread blew up but I wasn't watching so I'm kinda confused.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:48 am

Casulus Maximus, also known as Densetsushun, entered the topic.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:20 am

Of course you would think that, but we all know it was because of CasulCarfool.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:21 am

Indeed. For everything is Carfool's fault!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 4:18 pm