armour defense consideration

tofucactaur
    Addicted
    Addicted

armour defense consideration

Post by tofucactaur on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:41 am

i am wondering how many of you pay consideration to the defense rating on armour....
    up until now, i have been only concerned with poise, looks and having a piece of thorn armour....
    today in the arena i got beaten by a well known player, his build was a VIT gouge with a chaos halberg....
    i decided to roleplay and make a new legit character, play through the game for some fun and make i VIT gouge with a chaos great scythe....and I want to make use of armour with high defense to go with my large amount of health.... what are good pieces for defense to weight ratios....?
    what do people regard as some of the better pieces of armour?
    cheers

DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Re: armour defense consideration

Post by DMC on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:23 am

Haven't looked at this in ages but from what I remember the Elite Knight set upgraded is pretty good.

And the poise is good too depending on where you are... (unless that's been changed by the 1.06 patch?)

Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:40 am

On my first playthrough I was making a tank, so I really cared about defence. Now my choice of armour goes by looks > weight > poise.

DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:40 am

DMC wrote:Haven't looked at this in ages but from what I remember the Elite Knight set upgraded is pretty good.

And the poise is good too depending on where you are... (unless that's been changed by the 1.06 patch?)
    EK set is a great set defensively, and it did get patched up to 46 poise so its even better now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:23 am