Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Onion Knight
ublug
BIG TIME MASTER
XachAttack
Mr. Tart
TehInfamousAmos
raecor14
Infighter
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Seenblack
THEOGLUIGI
Tolvo
16 posters

Epic Name Bro and Future of the Souls Series

Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Epic Name Bro and Future of the Souls Series - Page 2 Empty Re: Epic Name Bro and Future of the Souls Series

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:11 pm

Heh, that was exactly what i was thinking. Mainly at the start, as well as at the end. happy

As for the subjects of which he brings up. I don't really like the thought of the DLCs. I mean, the idea itself is good, but the way he said that the set that could be bought could be found in game, or atleast a similar set similar to it could be, that's kind of a turn off if you ask me. If you pay to support you should get something totally unique, but for a good price. But that's just my opinion of course. Otherwise he brought up some pretty good points, although i listened to him while having a headache. :|
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Epic Name Bro and Future of the Souls Series - Page 2 Empty Re: Epic Name Bro and Future of the Souls Series

Post by XachAttack Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:16 pm

Mr. Tart wrote:That guy, Andre sure knows what he's talking about.

Lol, Tart. Good one.

I adore his necklace slot idea. To maybe balance it a bit, certain rings and necklaces wouldn't work if another certain ring/necklace was equipped prior to it. Like the magic of one counteracts another.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:00 am

The perfect is the enemy of the good.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

IMHO.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:55 am

A comment on the global servers: This was on top of the wish-list after demon's souls, since the three regions (jp/us/eu) were slowly turning into ghost towns as time passed and less people played the game.
    I'll happily cope with a bit of lag instead.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:38 am

Perhaps if possible, region selection would be a way to do it.

Rather than being locked depending on your copy, you could select which region you would like to be considered in. That way you'd be connecting with people who have a better connection in regards to proximity. Plus when the number of players are dwindling people could just switch over to one region meaning that whoever is left would just deal with the lag as opposed to inactivity.

Plus the idea of local support for the idea of the competitive scene provided they can fine tune the game. That could give a launch and long term way to deal with connection problems. As well when the players eventually dwindle if everyone is set to one region one could set to one of the lesser used regions to connect with each other easier since there will be less than 100 people playing in that entire region.

Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:53 am

Region selection is a great idea. I can say from experience that it works fantastically well in Guild Wars 1&2. So I can play with my buddies across the pond (with a bit of lag) if I wish. Or play more competitively on the EU server with minimal lag. It's just that extra option that's really useful.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:59 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miSDm4nupoU&feature=colike

ENB did a follow up video, still watching it.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:19 am

https://youtu.be/tCx5CJrD79Q

A second part of him responding.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:00 pm

This is great that you've worked in this contact with ENB. He's probably the most respect YT in the DkS community.

Hat's off to you, sir. Epic Name Bro and Future of the Souls Series - Page 2 2577201154
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:02 pm

Well through Twitter you can easily contact him so it's not that I put so much effort into it, I've just found some things that would interest him and sent them his way.

Plus he is also responding to people discussing ideas about Dark Souls on those videos currently so everyone is getting to have their ideas shared and thought over.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:29 pm

Thanks for posting these Tolvo. I'd meant to check back in to see if he responded at all, but it just slipped my mind.

He makes a really good point about the DeS tendency system. Kind of made me realize I was looking at it the wrong way almost all along. My first playthrough I didn't use the internet at all, I always try not to on first plays, so I kind of just blindly groped my way through it, but then for my second play I researched it and learned how to manipulate it and I do feel the result was my focus becoming more on making sure I experience every single event and got every single item, as opposed to allowing it to flow naturally and let the game surprise me. That would have been better.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:57 pm

I liked a lot of his ideas, most of them at least. My wish list, like if i had complete control.

-Improved net code/ region selection: not knowledgeable enough on this, i just want MUCH less lag

-Co-op changes: Bosses get a much larger increase in HP, host does not heal summons, can summon friends, can keep co oping after bosses. I do understand this would subtract from the reclusive feel of the games, so idk.

-Invasions: Can heal with estus(like Demon's except estus, everyone heals themselves), more varied/intelligent spawn points(prevent from spawn ganks).

-Covenants: I agreed with ENB a lot, i would like maybe just 4-5 but have them be a lot more meaningful. A duelist covenant, with an arena would be great. Having the game differ greatly depending on what covenant you belong to would be great.

-Bosses: More challenge, DLC actually was nicely done. I would like the DLC area to be equivalent to a mid level area in the next game. Also agree with ENB on having incredibly overpowered optional bosses, kind of like many rpgs like Final Fantasy.

-Upgrades:A mix of Demon's & Dark, except trim the fat.

-Magic: I'm biased, i would prefer magic/miracles be very minor/support offensive tactics. What i want wont happen, lets just leave it at that. Would love to see weapon buffs go.

-Armor/Weapons: More, some more, then some more. I agree with ENB again, have the armor be more about the class of armor. Each set in the same class would be more cosmetic differences. Would like if it was like Demon's where you didn't need to upgrade armor. Weapons, i think they are doing a great job. I personally don't like that crazy weapons with AOEs, i liked the weapons in Demon's more that had special effects.

Humanity/Character Tendency: Didn't love either. I like that in Demon's you didn't need to farm humanity in order to have better defense for PVP. I don't think you should have to farm in order to improve your defense to be on par with other players.

World/Story: I prefer Dark Souls connected world, i hope it returns. I hope there are more NPCS. I liked the minimalistic style of the storys of Demon's and Dark, but i think they need endings that mean more to your character.

I don't know, so much to think about. It is hard to really get my true opinion of everything out, i would REALLY need to sit and think. These were just real quick.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:10 pm

Thanks for the heads up Tolvo I always like hearing what he has to say. Plus he makes so really good suggestions.
    SATLOS
    SATLOS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SATLOS Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:58 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:-Invasions: Can heal with estus(like Demon's except estus, everyone heals themselves), more varied/intelligent spawn points(prevent from spawn ganks).

Wouldn't it be amazing if you just spawned where you used the Red Orb in your own game?

I have no idea what kind of programming feats would be needed, but this would make invasions that much more terrifying for the person on the receiving end, as they would have no way of knowing where you were coming from.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:02 pm