Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
The Letter X
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
User1
EeAyEss
8 posters

Introductions to the Souls Series.

EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Introductions to the Souls Series. Empty Introductions to the Souls Series.

Post by EeAyEss Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:37 pm

How did you guys discover or find Demon's/Dark Souls?

I personally always loved knights and magic and demons and crap, so I played the hell out of Oblivion. I had heard of Demon's Souls on the Idle Thumbs podcast, and i wasn't that interested. But one of my dad's coworkers was a gmaer too and lent my dad a copy of Demon's. I saw him go through the tutorial and the first level and I was like this:

Introductions to the Souls Series. 1282786204310

What about you guys?
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Introductions to the Souls Series. Empty Re: Introductions to the Souls Series.

Post by User1 Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:42 pm

I discovered Demons' by playing it at my friend's house. I loved it.

Dark Souls, I was aware of by seeing it in the shop one day, and just buying it, since it seemed to be in the same series as Demons', about a week after release
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:44 pm

Watched a bit of this walkthough. I didn't know a thing about the Souls series but watching the gameplay and the world - I was instantly mesmerized.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:45 pm

Rage Quit from RoosterTeeth...
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:48 pm

Some of them are classical.
    Dark Souls though, I thought they went a bit OTT with that one.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:05 pm

I guess my first introduction to it was when my older brother got Demon Souls. I didn't really play it because I just watched him, but then when he moved away he sent me a message about dark souls one day and I thought "I gotta buy it"
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:14 pm

I was at home playing CoD one day when my mother brought home some random game called "Dark Souls". I tried playing it, thought it was a little boring, stopped for a few days, then went back. I kept doing that until I was playing Dark Souls for the entire day. At that point I realized that Dark Souls is one of the best games that I have ever played.
    Even today I still spend ~50+ hours a week playing it.
    I learned about DeS after some time on the DkS Wiki Chat.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:03 pm

I read on gaming sites that it wasn't a game for (insert name for small cats) and I had to have it.I find most games too easy and finish them in a day,this game took quite a while.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:08 pm

I remember seeing the demons souls trailer/teaser at e3 (I think it was) way back, it looked like it could have some potential but I kinda wrote it off assuming it would end up as another shallow button masher. Then it crept back onto my radar as the first importers started posting impressions. After reading a lot of reviews and watching gameplay videos I finally cracked and imorted it myself. I was hooked by the time I reached the first fog gate in the boletarian palace.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:37 pm