Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Cardinal Blademaster - SL 100 STR Build

RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Cardinal Blademaster - SL 100 STR Build  - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardinal Blademaster - SL 100 STR Build

Post by RANT Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:12 pm

i like it, i would have to second tart's suggestion, if you have a really high sl toon you should try all of the weapons and find out which one you like best for pvp since its very different from pve. if youre on psn we can duel so you can practice, my psn in on my sig.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Cardinal Blademaster - SL 100 STR Build  - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardinal Blademaster - SL 100 STR Build

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:16 pm

MY build for the BKGS is

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4354942318197624
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:21 am

Mr. Tart wrote:The build seems to be getting closer to its finally state, that's for sure. As for finding your playstyle, it may be hard, but the best way to find it out is making a jack of all trades and using most weapons, see which one you like the best and which one you handle the best and then compromise. That's about it, but yeah, the build seems better, and i have no more input on it atm so keep it going and gl with it! Cardinal Blademaster - SL 100 STR Build  - Page 2 4205493335
    This build *is* actually an attempt at trying out new weapons. In the past I've mostly used rapiers and katana, so I wanted to try out their opposites. happy

Hopefully it will turn out alright. I watched a few videos of the BKGS in action, and if nothing else, PANCAKING your opponent with the BKGS seems very satisfying.

RantFromRant wrote:i like it, i would have to second tart's
    suggestion, if you have a really high sl toon you should try all of the
    weapons and find out which one you like best for pvp since its very
    different from pve. if youre on psn we can duel so you can practice, my
    psn in on my sig.
    Since you seem to have a lot of experience with strength-based builds, may I ask how you usually handle speedy enemies? As mentioned above, I watched a video of the BKGS in action, and it seems very easy to dodge. Is that where the Composite Bow comes in?

Alas, I am on the PC. Thanks for the offer though!

ViralEnsign_ wrote:MY build for the BKGS is

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4354942318197624
    You seem to have a lot of unused weight. I'm assuming you, like me, set up your armour set more for looks than efficiency?
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:23 am

Yes I do like style but I buff my END not for weight but for great action capacity.... more stamina = more swings and more rolling.

Anyway Im as new to STR builds as you are.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:24 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Yes I do like style but I buff my END not for weight but for great action capacity.... more stamina = more swings and more rolling.

Anyway Im as new to STR builds as you are.
    Yes, but I figured that since you have 16 extra carrying capacity available, you might as well put it to good use. It's fine if it's for style though. happy
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:27 am

What would you suggest? The character Im creating is called

Name- Lethe the Defiler

Role- Herald of the Undoing

Power- Lethe is a defiler, a being that does not good, only brings misery and corruption to the world around it.

Lethe, even at time where he was to have done such good under the rule of the lords, was the most hated of angels. His mere touch brought only death and the unlife where it should have been pure and gentle.

In battle Lethe would clad himself in massive suits of mail and plate to hide his visage from the ravages of battle. He was fear, he was craven, and worse still he was envious of all other life.

When the final battle came and the waves of angels crashed rank upon rank and the iron and fire was released against his foes he met his downfall.

Uriel a commander of angels took the defiler in single combat , tearing the armour from his body and unleashing a hundred plagues upon the world. Like Gabriel, firey sword in hand he smote the Defiler a single blow, and pinned the fiends body to his own shield, sealed him away for all time in the Abyss where there was nothing his foulness could defile, nothing his envy could corrupt.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:05 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:What would you suggest? The character Im creating is called

Name- Lethe the Defiler

Role- Herald of the Undoing

Power- Lethe is a defiler, a being that does not good, only brings misery and corruption to the world around it.

Lethe, even at time where he was to have done such good under the rule of the lords, was the most hated of angels. His mere touch brought only death and the unlife where it should have been pure and gentle.

In battle Lethe would clad himself in massive suits of mail and plate to hide his visage from the ravages of battle. He was fear, he was craven, and worse still he was envious of all other life.

When the final battle came and the waves of angels crashed rank upon rank and the iron and fire was released against his foes he met his downfall.

Uriel a commander of angels took the defiler in single combat , tearing the armour from his body and unleashing a hundred plagues upon the world. Like Gabriel, firey sword in hand he smote the Defiler a single blow, and pinned the fiends body to his own shield, sealed him away for all time in the Abyss where there was nothing his foulness could defile, nothing his envy could corrupt.

Hm...Dunno if this fits with theme you have in mind, as it won't really be a true strength build anymore, but maybe something like this? http://tinyurl.com/9ool2jz

The armour set wasn't changed, since I thought you had already done a good job representing the kind of character you wanted with that. What I did change was:

- BKGS replaced with Gravelord Sword. It's one of the few weapons with the Toxic effect. I figured it would suit the theme of your build.

- Gravelord Sword has terrible stat scaling, so STR has been reduced only to meet the minimum demands of using it. These stat points have been redistributed into various other stats, mostly Vitality, but also a couple in Attunement to make room for the Toxic Mist Pyromancy. Also, a little bit in Endurance

- The freed up weight and extra Endurance makes Havel's Ring obsolete. Replaced it with Wolf's Ring for extra poise. (Though anything would fit, really)

Again, it's not a true strength build anymore, and if you wanted to use the BKGS it's probably not even the build you want anymore.

But really, your build is fine as it is. I just personally dislike having that much unused carrying capacity. silly
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:34 am

i had some videos with my str builds in youtube but i deleted them since i made a new account. i might upload them again but now that i look at them i kinda sucked back them. im gonna try to find my dazzle and try to record some tutorials on str builds, i did some cleaning up and painting in my apt and i cant find anything now lol but as soon as i find it i will record some fights, i will probaly host the forest with it. its the one i showed amos.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:38 am

RantFromRant wrote:i had some videos with my str builds in youtube but i deleted them since i made a new account. i might upload them again but now that i look at them i kinda sucked back them. im gonna try to find my dazzle and try to record some tutorials on str builds, i did some cleaning up and painting in my apt and i cant find anything now lol but as soon as i find it i will record some fights, i will probaly host the forest with it. its the one i showed amos.
    Sounds good to me! Watching Dark Souls PVP videos was what made me want to try it out for myself to begin with. big grin

I made a few minor changes to my build again.

http://tinyurl.com/9pthzlu

Mostly just switched the Sealer Mask with the Giant Helmet and changed my stats a little to allow it. Apart from the +14 extra Poise and the extra defence, it also looks better and more interesting than the Sealer Mask.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:52 pm