Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
WandererReece
Juutas
Mr. Tart
OrnsteinFanBoy
ublug
fujiphoenix
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Shindori
The Letter X
Jester's Tears
14 posters

Best Boss? YOU DECIDE.

Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Best Boss? YOU DECIDE. Empty Best Boss? YOU DECIDE.

Post by Jester's Tears Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:50 pm

So. I went back to Demon's Souls and fought all the Bosses all over again (CURSE YOU FLAME LURKER) and i figured. What is the best Boss in the Souls's games?
    For me it HAS TO BE The Tower Knight. The first time i fought it i went something like this
    ''Wow...Im not gonna fight that?I HAVE TO FIGHT THAT?''
    -The music is ''Fun''. It laughs at you while you're getting crushed, giving you a reason to Prove them wrong. And hell. When TK first shows up, He looks BAD-***.

I want to know What YOUR FAVORITE/BEST DARK/DEMON'S SOULS BOSS AND WHY.
    '' Hurrah All Hail the Mighty Tower Knight Hurrah ''
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Best Boss? YOU DECIDE. Empty Re: Best Boss? YOU DECIDE.

Post by The Letter X Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:18 pm

Gwyn, Lord of Cinder.

That's right, probably the most laughable boss in the Souls Series. Not to me, though. He is my favorite boss in any game I've ever played. I've never attempted to parry him, so it's always a fun, engaging fight with the odds stacked against me. I just love how all if the bosses until that point give off the presence that they will smash you into the ground, but Gwyn approaches you almost in a humbling manner, probably from knowing his fate. Even the BGM is different from all of the previous ones, and I find it is a perfectly fitting tune for the perfect ending to my favorite video game.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:25 pm

lol Penetrator. Geez, that guy did quite the numbers on me.
    Also, False King Allant and 4 Kings.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:56 pm

maneaters.... their level causes psychosis and the beasts themselves are plain brutal.... they may also be where From got the idea of cuttable tail weapons from since you can cut their tails, though they don't drop anything and their boss weapon is useless...
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:31 pm

People might laugh, but Nito is my favorite. He looks really cool, and the music and environment you fight him in oozes spooky. He might be the biggest pushover besides pinwheel, but hes MY pushover. <3
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:26 am

I feel like demon's souls had a lot more of those 'wtf is going on here?' moments the first time you met a new boss. Many of them kind of had an additional layer of mystery, which to me made them more memorable. (fools idol, old monk, adjudicator, old hero, storm king, leechmonger, maiden astraea)
    I find most of the dark souls bosses to be very straight forward enemies in comparison, more fun to fight, but lacking that element of mystery. Pinwheel comes close to what I consider a demon's souls boss, the butterfly and gwyndolin as well.
    Flamelurker must be the boss I had the most fun fighting against, and in dark souls it's probably O&S.
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinFanBoy Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:58 am

The penetrator was amazing, getting one shotted by that thrusting attack over and over again was a good lesson in patience. I thought the tower knight was great after the phalanx being a pushover. Felt like the game was saying "So you think this is gonna be easy huh? Okay well how about you deal with this ten story tall knight? Easy now?"

Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:38 am

Hard choice. I never played Demons Souls, so it's neither of them. I would probably have to say either Sif or Gwyn. While their boss fights might not be the best or most challenging(although Gwyn can kick my *** on any NG+) i really love the story behind them. That and the atmosphere when you fight Gwyn is just amazing.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:37 am

Ornstein & Smough hands down.
    I think on the first playthrough Dark Souls has the greatest difficulty spike at Anor Londo and it all boils down to properly epic finale of 2v1.
    The room where you fight them is epic, the music is epic and the moment when you realise the first time that after killing one of them the other regains HP and gets stronger...priceless!
    After you beat the bosses you find the epic chest and unlock the bonfire warp that adds to the feeling of achievement.
    Probably the best bossfight ever in any video game.

...epic.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:21 am

Juutas wrote:After you beat the bosses (O+S) you find the epic chest..
    lol!

Jester's Tears wrote:(CURSE YOU FLAME LURKER)

I hear a lot of people complain about Flamelurker being hard, but he is so easy. So, I think he is my favorite. (Seriously, all you have to do is get him stuck on the rib cage on left side of the stairs, and if you wear the theif's ring he might wander away from you. He's so dumb.)

Actually, I think my favorite is King Allant. If you don't do the poison trick then he is hard to kill, and he looks cool. It's also hard to get to him, and he is integrated into the story so well. Allant is the perfect ending to the game.

My favorite Dark Souls boss has to be Ornstein. He is the coolest boss in that game, but he's not as good as Allant.
    Infighter
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Infighter Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:56 pm

Gwyn

I really like the theme song of Gwyn it's just amazing.And when you enter the last fog gate to face Gwyn he just want's to end his suffering and just blindly rushes at you.And he doesn't use any miracles or something he just fights.1 word amazing (for me atleast)
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:16 pm

It's not that hard of a choice O&S and the Four Kings are probably my favorite bosses from Dark Souls, and so far in my playthrough of Demon Souls I had a good time getting my *** handed to me by the Maneater and I still am trying to beat the Penetrator but I always get one hit killed by him.

I also liked the Dragon God hes not my favorite boss but in my opinion he is the Bed of Chaos but done a lot better. Hes a massive giant so it makes sense you can't take him head on and for me it was really suspenseful hiding behind the pillars in the room so he wouldn't see me. The only problem with it is that it is kind of short if you know what to do and you don't mess up.
    Avenger649
    Avenger649
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Avenger649 Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:31 pm

Some of the saddest but best bosses are Sif and Maiden Astraea and those deserve a mention but by far the best boss is Ornstein and Smough. While they utterly wreck you it is just such an epic fight with the music and you getting repeatedly slaughtered.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:12 pm

GrinTwist wrote:It's not that hard of a choice O&S and the Four Kings are probably my favorite bosses from Dark Souls, and so far in my playthrough of Demon Souls I had a good time getting my *** handed to me by the Maneater and I still am trying to beat the Penetrator but I always get one hit killed by him.

I also liked the Dragon God hes not my favorite boss but in my opinion he is the Bed of Chaos but done a lot better. Hes a massive giant so it makes sense you can't take him head on and for me it was really suspenseful hiding behind the pillars in the room so he wouldn't see me. The only problem with it is that it is kind of short if you know what to do and you don't mess up.

The moment when you see his Eyes Turn red and His fist get's pulled backwards...The Horror :pale:
    Tomhet
    Tomhet
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tomhet Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:26 am

S. & O. is probably my favorite fight because it can get pretty hectic if you do it alone, which is why I never summon people for that fight.

As for cool but easy bosses, Nito and Centipede Demon are great IMHO.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:24 pm