Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
DemonOfFate
OrnsteinFanBoy
Knight Alundil
Jansports
DoughGuy
Acarnatia
WyrmHero
ErrJon6661
ViralEnsign_
LordRevan
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Rudmed
16 posters

Those of Cursed Blood Covenant. (looking for members!)

Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Those of Cursed Blood Covenant. (looking for members!) Empty Those of Cursed Blood Covenant. (looking for members!)

Post by Rudmed Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:24 am

Lore

Cursed brothers and sisters,

You stand before me today because of a curse your family has bared for generations. A curse that can be traced back to the age Gwyn declared war on the evil dragons that once ruled Lordran. We are all descendants of a group of brave knights that took on a dragon that knew curses that would make Nito, First of The Dead, shudder in fear. The dragon’s death throes cursed that group of knights with an insatiable bloodlust. This may come as a surprise to some of you, but there lie holes in your memory that you killed and killed those you loved or those around you. You might see dragons, demons, or the worst of all; you just merely want to feel warm red blood run down your skin. Whatever the visions you wonder how such a curse has gone unnoticed.

The answer is quite simple; the beings in power greatly reduced the power of the curse. However today those beings have lost the power to keep the curse in check, and thus we are more prone to these blood lusts. I discovered this when I visited the Regal Archives to try and find a cure for this curse. However, there was no signs of a cure in the volumes upon volumes of books I read. I did however find evidence that supported the fact that the curse was kept in check by the beings of power. Ever since the Age of Fire began to decline the power of the curse grew, which increased the fact that villages were never heard from, and when someone stumbled across them, it was the sight of a massacre. However, I believe if these beings were restored to power, or replaced then the curse would weaken, perhaps even fade. I went forth in my world and destroyed each one of these powerful beings and harnessed their power. Finally when I consumed every powerful being’s power, I thought myself cured. The following night proved me horribly wrong. There was a possible explanation for the curse’s persistence. Over my travels I summoned these phantoms from another world, and they too were as powerful as the beings in my world. This clearly shows that the power we gather in our worlds is nowhere near the power we need to acquire. Now we must hunt the people we once called our allies in order to be free of this curse.

I understand some of you maybe hesitant to murder what seem to be innocent people who have done you no harm. Did you mean harm when you stayed in the presence of friends only to find them slaughtered in their beds the next morning, and their blood on your hands? I doubt you meant that occur, but our old allies’ sacrifices are necessary. It is the only way to stop or prevent this blood lust from over taking us and wiping out our family, friends, villages, and cities.

Now go forth! Save yourself! Save those you love! Save your future family! Show that dragon that we will not be so easily be controlled by this curse!

Restrictions:

Covenant wise: Members must be a part of the following: Gravelord, or Dark Wraiths

Weapon wise: No Boss weapons! Any weapon acquired from the soul of a powerful being cannot be used! So you can’t use: DSS, Great Lord Greatsword, Moonlight spear, Darkmoon Catalayst, Smough’s hammer, etc.

Kill all dragon creatures in your 1st game (Ash, seath, etc.) You may use spoils from them as weapons along with dragon weapons though. The reason I say 1st game is so that when you start NG+ you can join in all user-covenant invasions/wars.

Classes
    (First off thanks to ErrJohn for helping me balance and give me ideas. Next the prefix is determined on whether or not you are a Gravelord or DW! It is Gravelord 1st and DW second!) You have your choice and make a build following these limits. Stats are up to you (atleast most of them are) but you have to follow a criteria.
    Grave Striders/Abyss Striders:
    Magic: none/ light faith (>20)
    Armor: light armor (no poise)
    Equipment: short bow, crossbows (not avelyn) curved swords, daggers, katanas (except washing and chaos), and small shields.
    http://tinyurl.com/9stw9h9
    You are the explorers or scouts that investigate areas where there may be prime targets. You can report back to the main force, comrades, or unleash an ambush on the unwary prey! There is no such thing as dirty fighting for you, and victory is yours when your foe lies dead an arrow or blade in his back. Be unforgiving, be cruel, and kill.

Tomb Archer/Calamity Archers
    Magic: Faith (no limit)
    Armor: Light (no poise)
    Equipment: all bows, all daggers
    http://tinyurl.com/9tu4nw6
    You are the best of our archers. No one can match your eyes. You wait from the back lines or at a distance and unleash a hail of arrows upon those who oppose you. The screams of your arrows shall be the last thing your foes hear. You claim victory when your quiver is empty and your foes corpses litter the field of battle. Let none escape your sight.

Knight of Necrosis/Knight of Nocturne
    Magic: Medium faith (>30)
    Armor: Medium/heavy
    Equipment: Greatswords, Ultra Greatswords, Great Hammers, Curved Greatswords, Crossbows, Medium shields, and greatshields.
    http://tinyurl.com/9upd8zu
    You are the mighty warriors that stand on the frontlines. You are the bravest, strongest, and toughest. Your iron will remains unbroken after dozens of battles. You crush your foes with inhuman strength and the weight of your weapons. None can stay your lust for blood lest they be slain at your feet. You carve a bloody path through those that oppose you.

Inquistors of Death/Heralds of the Abyss
    Magic: Sorceries
    Armor: Robes only
    Equipment: Rapiers, daggers, catalysts, Spears, small shields
    http://tinyurl.com/9ganjyn
    Here you are enforcers of our will. You strike without mercy and with righteous fury that make those who witness your actions tremble in fear. You are our loyal soliders, who will do as commaded. You will spill the blood of those that oppose you and your victory is not simply a physical one. No! That would be too simple you must break your foe both mentally and physically!

Death's Purification/Heralds of Ashes
    Magic: Faith and Pyro
    Armor: Light/Medium
    Equipment: talisman/pyro flame, Hammers, Daggers, Rapiers, small shields, medium sheilds
    http://tinyurl.com/8kcjvet
    It is no question who has walked the battlefield when we smell burnt flesh. You seek out destruction of our foes through the most painful way possible. You wish them to burn for defying you and our order. You want them to understand the depth of their mistake before you end them! Let it be known that none may stand against us!

Death's Gladiators/Abyss Warriors
    Magic: None
    Armor: Light/Medium
    Equipment: Straight Swords, Daggers, Curved Swords, Halberds, and Spears (Str or dex has to =25)
    http://mmdks.com/867
    Your skill with a blade with two blades or a blade and polearm are unmatchable. You are always within striking distance, and for our enemies the cold grasp of death is not far away. You are a malestrom of death that knows no fear as you carve your chaotic path through enemy lines.

Rules:

Fight your own way. If you prefer duels then due! If you want to kill gankers then go do that! If you prefer the down and dirty kind of fighting, go right ahead! Maybe you want to do all the above? You are welcome to even do that!

No ganking allowed! We want the power for ourselves, and any summons are considered powerful beings. The beings we hunt to gain power!

If you determine a fellow invader is quite powerful then kill them and take their power! Though sometimes it is wise not to do this against gankers, consider this a mercy to your fellow invader.

If a powerful being is the leader of your covenant…relax you don’t have to kill them. Kinda silly for you to join only to kill them.

Note: Gravelords, you do not have to kill Nito until you are maxed level. If you wish to do so before you are max level that is fine, but remember you will be unable to level that covenant until your next playthrough.

Recommended SL:
    Gravelord: 100
    Darkwraith: 80-100
    Or whatever the user perfers!

Ranks:

Awakened- Entry

Power Seeker- Level 2

Tenacious Hero- Level 3

Legendary (Insert name and clever title here!)

Cursed Grandmaster- Me/ Per system partners!

How to Rank up:
    I believe a point based system for events would be the most effective way to rank up. We may crash another user-made covenant's mass invasion and just have an unplanned war there. Particpation in wars will also work to this way. I will post point levels that I believe are fair (and balanced due to what I hear...some people score 500 points?) There will most likely be a cap to where you earn less points (reduce by a half so you still get credit for your hardwork of taking on that 1v3). I will how we will handle events on the front page somewhere.

To those that are willing to help, please do. I'm willing to take any and all suggestions under consideration.

Last edited by Rudmed on Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:21 pm; edited 20 times in total
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Those of Cursed Blood Covenant. (looking for members!) Empty Re: Those of Cursed Blood Covenant. (looking for members!)

How we will handle Events
    I believe that events that we hold such as mass invasions will determine how you will rank up. We may crash into another covenant's mass invasion, carry out our own mass invasions, or perhaps have dueling areas. I was thinking a cap of 500 points to where if you exceed that limit you start to recieve half-credit for the feats you achieve (If winning a 3v1 is worth 3 points you will get 1.5 points instead). You will rank up if you earn a certain % requirement. This may be because of a lucky break you get or perhaps you topple many a foe. Whatever the reason the end fact is the same. They are dead and you killed them, thus you earned your credit. You contributed to our cause! There may be reward items (like DBs or Humanity!)Those of Cursed Blood Covenant. (looking for members!) 639795459

Forum wars are a different story. We will have to adhere to whatever point system they will have for that war. Now due to our lore/nature we may not even have a side. We maybe end up being used a mercernaries or we may just have our own side and destory all who stand before us (Wouldn't that be cool? Challenge Freakin' Accepted!)Those of Cursed Blood Covenant. (looking for members!) 3596227959

Last edited by Rudmed on Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:25 am; edited 3 times in total
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Those of Cursed Blood Covenant. (looking for members!) Empty Re: Those of Cursed Blood Covenant. (looking for members!)

Member's List
    Forum name/GT or PSN ID/Rank
    XBL:
    Rudmed-gguyy-Cursed Grandmaster of Origin
    Knight Alundil-Knight Alundil-Awakened
    exod FEAR-exod FEAR-Awakened

PSN:
    Jansports-Jansports-Awakened
    OrnsteinFanBoy- Grimdog102-Awakened
    DemonOfFate-DemonOfFate- PS3's Cursed Grandmaster of Fate
    Lulzee- Lulzee-Awakened
    JumpOnMySword-JumpOnMySword-Awakened
    Azamuth-DarthGinhus-Awakened

PC:

Last edited by Rudmed on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:46 am; edited 17 times in total
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Wiki information

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Armor#Light
    Make sure to double check to see if you can use light armor with poise!

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Armo#Starting

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Armor#Medium

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Armor#Heavy

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Weapons

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Boss+Soul+Weapons

Last edited by Rudmed on Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:42 am; edited 3 times in total
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

So...I got this space here. How about we discuss how to kill other covenant leaders?
    .....No? sad

Last edited by Rudmed on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:18 am

bump
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:59 am

I think SL 80 max is a good idea, but I'm not going to go out on any limbs what with the DLC coming out and how it may change metagame. So, more than anything, I'd urge caution.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:15 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I think SL 80 max is a good idea, but I'm not going to go out on any limbs what with the DLC coming out and how it may change metagame. So, more than anything, I'd urge caution.

I think ya may have a post that walked off from our messages, but thanks for the idea. Now I just gotta figure out how to do ranks. I was thinking a point system since Darkwraiths.

Also removed Darkmoons and Forest hunters from pvp group.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:18 am

My Inbox was at 100% capacity, so I did a "delete all."

Besides which, I think posting here could yield better results.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:18 am

Quite so.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:59 pm

If you post on this thread I'll give you 300 game tokens, no strings attached.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:34 pm

No takers?
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:40 pm

Bam! 300 token's accquired! big grin
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:46 am

This is why the Sith can't have nice things.

Also besides member's list/ranks any other suggestions for what I'm missing. What are your opinions on ring restrictions? I was thinking perhaps no ring of FnP due to the fact Fina, is a goddess. This may even extend to dragon rings....perhaps this isn't such a good idea. Thoughts on this?

Also Revan are you serious about joining or are you just being a Sith? Which involves taking the tokens and running away.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:27 pm

Bump. Going to add more stuff tonight (if I remember).
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:28 pm

Added ranks, recommended SL's and personal thoughts on a few things.

Anyone suggest a recommended ranking system? I was thinking about borrowing the Lifehunter's point system and using that. Try to promote particpation.

I am still taking feedback!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:35 am

I take issue with you saying Nito would shudder in fear.
    A he cant shudder

B No one is scarier than Nito!
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:57 am

Nito can shudder....he just bangs the skeletons that compose his body together. That is him shuddering.

As for B...wouldn't Seath be? I mean he is immortal until you break a crystal, which is really well protected. Nito...he is kinda weak.

......This is why you ought to kill Nito and take his place. Surely if you kill him then I can't say anything about you as you are clearly more powerful then him.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:22 am

Its about scary factor not power!
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:15 am

Power correlates with scary factor though.

I would be more afraid of Nito if he had a nuclear bomb tied to his chest with a dead man's switch then what he is now.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:29 am

My suggestion, and please don't take any offence to this, but give your covenant something that makes it extremely unique.

Many people have been creating user covenants and many of them are simply invading/hosting with some lore involved. Granted, some do take it to the next level.

But currently your covenant is an invasion/gravelord covenant that can't use boss weapons and has a cap of 80.

A ridiculous example would be to have members use the Server, ring of the Evil Eye and the darkhand so that they are literally sucking the life and humanity out of their victims.

I hope this helps.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:58 pm

ErrJon6661 wrote:My suggestion, and please don't take any offence to this, but give your covenant something that makes it extremely unique.

Many people have been creating user covenants and many of them are simply invading/hosting with some lore involved. Granted, some do take it to the next level.

But currently your covenant is an invasion/gravelord covenant that can't use boss weapons and has a cap of 80.

A ridiculous example would be to have members use the Server, ring of the Evil Eye and the darkhand so that they are literally sucking the life and humanity out of their victims.

I hope this helps.

It helps, but I am trying to let the people have a chance of victory. Thus the light restrictions (Well you can't use any boss weapons isn't exactly light at all). I'm trying to take it to the next level without being over bearing and killing off player creativity.

I like your idea, but that stuff requires points. Then you have a bunch of people running around in the same gear to show they are part of this group. Putting points to use this gear means they have less points to work in other ways, and kills ideas.

I really do like the dark hand though.....however can Gravelords still sap humanity out of someone with it? I have tried to use the power attack on NPCs and managed to get 0 humanity! The evil eye ring only works if you kill something though....Sadface.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:47 pm

I was giving an extreme example hahahahaha. But I think you understand the idea. I'd try and make a few more restrictions than you do already. Many covenants offer different "classes" to join as, so they'll have a knight loadout, a thief loadout and a mage loadout or something. You can do it without being as restrictive as say the AoV covenant. But without it its just invading with lore.

And I'm not sure about the darkhand. I know npc's have a limited amount per loading so that may be why. I've never managed to host a game and use it, mostly because I don't host that often and its rarely in my loadout.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:44 pm

ErrJon6661 wrote:I was giving an extreme example hahahahaha. But I think you understand the idea. I'd try and make a few more restrictions than you do already. Many covenants offer different "classes" to join as, so they'll have a knight loadout, a thief loadout and a mage loadout or something. You can do it without being as restrictive as say the AoV covenant. But without it its just invading with lore.

And I'm not sure about the darkhand. I know npc's have a limited amount per loading so that may be why. I've never managed to host a game and use it, mostly because I don't host that often and its rarely in my loadout.

Yes I will try to incorperate that, I have thought of a few ideas (oh dear head to your nuclear shelters now). I would apperciate someone answering the Dark hand question though. If Gravelords cannot drain humanity then I must come up with some unique for them as well.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:28 pm

Added classes (Thanks to errjon!)) and I am thinking about the ranking up system. Currently it is how much time you spend on Dark souls.

Also give me thoughts on the classes if they satisfy paths that allow for creative freedom.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:10 am