Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Help Me Decide…DEX on a STR Build?

Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Help Me Decide…DEX on a STR Build? Empty Help Me Decide…DEX on a STR Build?

Post by Nybbles Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:24 pm

okay, so it's decision time and i'm at a crossroads with my current build. i'm going for a STR build and i know i want to have 50 in STR, just enough END to medium roll in heavy armour with Havel's ring and around 12-1500 HP. what i'm trying to decide is how much DEX i want. my main weapon atm is a +15 great axe and i think that i want enough DEX so i can use the great bows and black knight weapons. or maybe not? i don't know.

anyway, what i'm trying to decide is where i want to cap my DEX, but i'm not sure where the good cut off points are. usually when i have any DEX at all, i either stop at 18 or go all the way to 40. i could go for a 40/40 build i suppose, but i think i want to hit 50 STR with this build. so maybe 50/30? what do you kind folks think?

btw, this is going to be you standard PVP level build, so most likely in the 120 range (give or take a few levels).
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Help Me Decide…DEX on a STR Build? Empty Re: Help Me Decide…DEX on a STR Build?

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:25 pm

Do you mind MugenMonkeying your build? Makes it easier to critique, at least I know it does for me.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:27 pm

No point at all in 30 dex, your dex weapons will just be less viable. Do either 18 for the BK weapons or 20 for the greatbows.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:29 pm

On a str build,10 for a spear or 40 for the zweihander.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:31 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Do you mind MugenMonkeying your build? Makes it easier to critique, at least I know it does for me.

no problem…this is what my build look like currently
    http://mmdks.com/iwf
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:36 pm

Ehh, I'm of a mind with Ghadis. 30 DEX doesn't seem worth it, but you're more than welcome to try.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:52 pm

thirty dex is only worth it if youre only gonna use the zwei or greatsword, otherwise its a waste of points. like ghadis said, wither 18 for bk weapons or 20 if you want the greatbows. i personally would just stop at 10 and swap to the the pike(chaos) when your opponent if really mobile.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:53 pm

Well, you do need 27 Strength for Gough's so maybe, just maybe, that wouldn't make 30 DEX such a horrible choice.

Right?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:03 pm

i jut looked at your build and since you have 13 dex why not go up to 18 if you really like the bk weapons. with med roll a comp bow+15 will do some good damage(for a bow) and it can save your *** if you poison your opponent to keeep pressure on your opponent which sometimes will make them make mistakes and get killed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:53 am