Do you find sorcerers or miracle users more effective summons than pure strength fighters?

justwant2play
    Addicted
    Addicted

Do you find sorcerers or miracle users more effective summons than pure strength fighters?

Post by justwant2play on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:42 pm

As a host I always find it easier to finish a level when I summon a sorcerer or miracle user than a player whose character is only a strength build. From my experience, those summoned phantoms who only use weapons usually die more quickly and easily (for example, when fighting the 4 Kings). Do you agree?

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Re: Do you find sorcerers or miracle users more effective summons than pure strength fighters?

Post by IV_Mark_VI on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:46 pm

Totally depends on the player.

STR/Dex characters that go toe to toe can die, because they put themselves in more risk than someone that stands back and shoots (either magic, faith, or bow). I think it's up to the host to heal them.

A poor player that is up close and personal will die more often than a poor player that just spams magic, but for 4 kings, I prefer a STR/DEX summon that knows what they're doing, as they deal more damage. You do have to keep a closer eye on them though to heal them if they get in trouble.

Gazoinks

Re: Do you find sorcerers or miracle users more effective summons than pure strength fighters?

Post by Gazoinks on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:46 pm

Depends what I'm playing. Over all though I tend to play less tanky builds, so I like to summon at least on Str build or other tough guy to distract the enemies so I don't get torn to pieces. If I was playing a tank I'd prefer casters, yeah.

Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:51 pm

Casters have higher DPS on average. However a tank is better if you don't have a lot of HP.
    I tend to summon meleeists so i can have a moment to breathe, and heal.
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:54 pm

It really depends. Most of the time though, yes, because i tend to be playing that heavy armoured crazy dude so, yeah, most of the time a caster is what i prefer. But i do enjoy summoning another melee guy once in a while, though mainly if i play as a dex character, or perhaps in the future, caster.

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:56 pm

justwant2play wrote: (for example, when fighting the 4 Kings). Do you agree?
    Spellcasters can keep a safe distance from what's trying to kill them, so they're much less likely to die. If you get a good player it really doesn't matter what they use though. If you see a naked barbarian's sign right outside the 4 Kings fog gate, and all he's holding is a Bandit's knife, summon him. Likely you can just sit back and watch him destroy.

On the other hand a host's main job is to keep his phantoms alive, and a really good host can almost always find a way. The obvious exception being Solaire vs. Gaping Dragon.:roll:

"It's just common sense to NOT go into battle naked." ~ Yarxov

"Billy - what type of gladiator do you plan on being?" ~ TehInfamousAmos

"Troll the big drunk guy at the bar. Get punched in the face. Repeat until desire to troll is gone." ~ Forum Pirate
    BoilerFan8472
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BoilerFan8472 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:19 pm

I always play as a melee build be it tanking or or what. On that note I almost always prefer one caster and one melee. The caster will give continuous damage while I and the other melee build will aggro the boss and mobs

Praise The Sun!!!! cheers

sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:21 pm

have you ever played with a princess guard member? if they use the crescent axe they have good dps and they can cas healing spells for all... they make you pracatically invincible...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:40 am