Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

dex effect on sorcerers and pyromancers

zechar47

dex effect on sorcerers and pyromancers Empty dex effect on sorcerers and pyromancers

Post by zechar47 Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:05 pm

Ok i wanted to post this thread to confirm or deny this fact that i heard, and to what extent it effects said classes. i have heard that increasing your dexterity can increase the casting times for sorcerers and pyromancers. if this is true can someone tell me more information about this such as does it start to effect it right away or do you need a certain amount of dex before it starts to really effect the casting times? how much of a effect does it have on cast time and is it really worth the effort to put points into dexterity? Any informaton would be helpful, i would like to get as much information about this as possible before i start either a sorcerer or pyromancer. thanks happy
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

dex effect on sorcerers and pyromancers Empty Re: dex effect on sorcerers and pyromancers

Post by Azran Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:09 pm

iGBx Rated has got some Youtube videos on the topic in case you want to check it out; the casting time decreases with each Dex point, and the effect caps at 45 Dex.

If I remember correctly, at that point, pyromancies, miracles and sorceries take a second/half a second less to cast.

Also, remember you aren't blocked into any magic path by your starting class. It's a free form rpg after all.

There's a magic trainer early in the game in case you want; same with the basic miracles trainer. The intermediate magic/pyromancy magic aren't that far away though. silly
    zechar47

dex effect on sorcerers and pyromancers Empty Re: dex effect on sorcerers and pyromancers

Post by zechar47 Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:48 pm

thanks for the info. a second off doesn't sound like alot for that amount of build (i'm a bit disappointed) but maybe i'll change my mind when i see it in action. i'm going to have to heavily think about this. happy thanks for your advice but i was hoping to build a pure caster (if possible considering the limited magic which i think is the only downfall about casting classes for me in this game) and i would like to avoid as much direct combat as possible (which i doubt is possible again considering the limited spells). don't get me wrong i did buy all the magic possible on one character (just for the achievement he was a thief) and i know there is quite a bit of magic (especially soul arrows), but i question if it's enough to get me through whole areas just with magic. can it be done?? If not i'll have to have a modest build toward str. anyway eventually i want to be able to use either the moonlight greatsword (the S scaling seems awsome) or that moonlight spear. it's either that or build a +5 magic weapon and be content with a semi strong c int scaling weapon. i guess i should have added these questions in my first post lol anyone who's maged have any advice?
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:41 am

Moonlight Sword is nice, yes. But you could always go with a simple Fire +10 Dagger or Sword. There's a playthrough done by Vageta in youtube, who also posts on this forums, where he goes through the game at SL3 with a Sorcerer.

You can actually fight a lot of stuff with magic, you just gotta be either on Hypermode (Red Tearstone Ring) or with the Crown of Dusk/Slumbering Dragon Ring for the magical boost. Even so, you will need a backup weapon just for some situations where casting isn't practical.

You COULD go through the game with only magic, but I guess that would mean you actually skipped a lot of fights. And where's the fun in that silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:21 am